(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Sun Pinghua is 36 years old. He is a machinery repair worker at the Nitrogen Fertilizer Plant in Yueyang City, Hunan Province. He was arrested in March 2008 by the Domestic Security Division and was injured when the police tortured him trying to force a confession. The doctors said that he had no feeling from his left elbow joint to the fingers due to external forces pulling on the arm. If his arm didn't recover within six months, then the arm may need to be amputated. The police took him to the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp in Changsha City on August 12, 2008.

Before March 18, 2008, Mr. Sun Pinghua weighed 189 lb. He weighed only 125 lb. when he left the labor camp on September 27, 2008. This is Mr. Sun at home on October 3, 2008 (weighing 125 lb.)

The following is Mr. Sun Pinghua's account of persecution by the Yueyang Domestic Security Division police:

At around 8:30 a.m. on March 18, 2008, I was at work checking the production equipment with coworkers Ye Leixiong and Liu San'gui. Six or seven officers, including the Yueyanglou District Domestic Security Division police officers Tang Jianming, Liu Xiaoping, and Jineshan Police Station officers Wang Wei and Lu Jing, forced me out of the workplace without showing me any identification. After repeated requests from my coworkers and myself, Wang Wei showed his badge. In the process, someone hit the back of my head very hard. They stopped only after the assistant director of the methyl alcohol unit, Mi Yuanbao, told them to stop.

The police took me to the Jin'e Police Station and handcuffed my hands behind my back. They wouldn't let me use the bathroom. After repeated requests, and after begging for more than an hour, they finally let me use the bathroom. Tang Jianming tried numerous times to coerce a confession from me. He wanted me to admit to things that never happened. At around 2:00 p.m., they took me to the Dongdan Hotel, room 1107. They wouldn't let me sleep all night and physically punished me if I tried.

At noon on March 19, 2008, officers from the Yueyanglou District Domestic Security Division in Yueyang City tortured me, trying to force a confession in room 1107 of the Dongdan Hotel. My left arm was severely injured. The situation was as follows:

On the morning of March 19, 2008, officer Jiang Chao of the Yueyanglou District Domestic Security Division came into room 1107 and proclaimed, "I am the person in charge here. You can come to me if you have any issues." I asked for his name but he wouldn't tell me. After Jiang Chao left, Tang Jianming told me, "That was Jiang Chao. We all listen to him." At around 2:00 p.m., under orders from Tang Jianming, officers Liu Xiaoping, Jineshan Police Station's Xie Wei, Lu Jing and Xiao Chen tortured me trying to force a so-called confession.

The five officers pushed me onto a bed and forced my entire left arm behind my back and handcuffed my hands together (they called this "carrying a sword"). I screamed, and Tang Jianming stuffed the bed sheet in my mouth, saying that they didn't want the city police department's people to hear (they were next door setting up this case). They forced me to kneel on the ground, and Xiao Chen sat behind me, put his right foot on my back, left foot on my calf and pulled the handcuffs with his right hand. Lu Jing attacked my body from behind many times and grabbed my hair. Xie Wei kicked my thighs numerous times and forced me to kneel with my legs apart. I told Tang Jianming, "This is torture you are using to try and force a confession." Tang Jianming said, "I know, what are you going to do about it?" Xie Wei said, "If you don't confess today, there is tomorrow. If you don't confess tomorrow, there is the day after tomorrow. There is next year after this year, this is what we do. We have time."

I was sweating profusely and couldn't bear the pain. After over an hour, they stopped the torture. My left hand was completely numb and couldn't move. I told Tang Jianming, "You have permanently injured my left hand." He didn't pay any attention. I passed out on the chair a few times and had no energy to sit properly on the chair when I was awake.

Afterwards, Jiang Chao and others returned to the room. I told him that my left hand was injured by Tang Jianming and the other four officers. Jiang Chao felt my left and right hands and said, "The left hand is colder than the right hand." The marks left on my left hand from the handcuffs took three weeks to heal.

At around 5:00 p.m. on March 20, 2008, Xie Wei, Lu Jing and Xiao Chen took me to the city detention center. The officer on duty, Hu Dongwang, asked about my health condition. I told him about my left hand. Hu Dongwang called the doctor Lu Likui to inspect me. They determined that I did not meet the requirements for transfer.

Jiang Chao, Tang Jianming and Fu Wei were pressured into taking me to the No. 1 Hospital in Yueyang City for an examination around late March or early April. They didn't tell me the result of the check-up and didn't prescribe me any medicine. They took me to the detention center in a hurry.

In the detention center, I often felt dizzy. There were many times where I would've fallen to the ground if other inmates didn't give me a hand. On June 7, 2008, I was getting up from the bathroom when I suddenly fell to the concrete floor. The right side of my head and my hand bled.

On June 24, 2008, Hu Dongwang and Lu Likui took me to No. 1 Hospital for a another check-up. The doctor told them that I was severely ill and needed to go to Shanghai for an operation as soon as possible.

On the morning of August 12, 2008, the Yueyanglou District Politics and Law Committee deputy secretary Yi Weiqi, with Jiang Chao and Fu Wei, took me to Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp in Hunan Province. The doctor at the labor camp, Wang Jingming (female), clearly told them that my condition did not meet the requirements for the labor camp and the transfer was denied. Yi Weiqi, Jiang Chao and Fu Wei used the excuse of finding their superiors to leave me there.

After numerous requests by my family members, the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp prepared papers to allow me to seek outside treatment. That day, people from my company's health department, Chen Shixiong, Huang Jinlong, and the assistant director of the machinery repair unit Long Yiqiang, along with my mother came to pick me up.

The No. 1 Hospital in Yueyang City, the Central Hospital in Changsha City and the No. 3 Hospital in Changsha City diagnosed that my left hand had nerve damage and required immediate treatment. My forearm to the fingers were numb and couldn't move. My left hand showed severe atrophy and blood flow was damaged. My left shoulder blade collapsed, causing my left arm to be slightly longer than my right arm. I could no longer take care of myself.

Before March 18, 2008, my weight was 189 lb. I was only 125 lb. when I left the labor camp on September 27, 2008.

Contact phone number:
Mr. Sun Pinghua: 86-730-8639228 (home)
Mr. Sun Pinghua's wife: 86-730-6362679

(Previous report: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2008/9/5/100395.html)

October 7, 2008