(Clearwisdom.net) Prior to the 2008 Olympics, thousands of Falun Gong practitioners were illegally sentenced to forced labor camps in cities throughout Jilin Province, such as Songyuan City, Jiutai City, Yanji City, Jilin City, and Changchun City.

In Songyuan City, Ms. Liu Shumei was recently sentenced to an additional one-and-a-half years of forced labor--immediately after she finished serving a two-year prison term.

In Jiutai City, local police sentenced a male practitioner to an additional one-and-a-half years of forced labor just as he completed his prison term in the Jiutai Forced Labor Camp.

In Yanji City, Ms. Zhang Shuxian, a resident of Yanji City, was taken to a forced labor camp on July 21, 2008, and put in solitary confinement. To protest her imprisonment, Ms. Zhang went on a hunger strike. Three days later, female guards Liu Shuxia and Liu Lianying tied her up to a torture device called the death bed and force-fed her.

Ms. Jin Yingshi, also a resident of Yanji City, was ordered to write the so-called "five statements" (similar to the three statements). When she refused, the guards locked her up in solitary confinement, then further forced her to stand still for over a week.

On June 18, 2008, Ms. Yin Jinzi from Yanji City refused to wear a prison name tag, do forced labor or write the so-called "thought report." She also shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" As a result, female guard Jia Honglian shocked her with an electric baton, beat her mercilessly, then tied her up to the "death bed."

Some practitioners reported the situation to the manager on duty, but that only resulted in Ms. Yin being tortured even more brutally. The guards ordered a criminal inmate named Yin Chun (female), to tie up Ms. Yin's hands and feet with a leather belt and handcuffs. The more she resisted writing the so-called "self-criticizing letter," the tighter the guard made the belt and the handcuffs. After being tortured like this for over a week, the guards forced her to read the letter she wrote in public.

In Changchun City, resident Ms. An Fengxiang, was taken to Heizuizi Women's Forced Labor Camp in May 2008, where she was locked up in solitary confinement for four months.

When Ms. An Fengxiang refused to write the so-called "thought report," female guards Liu Lianying and Liu Shuxia shocked her with electric batons for a whole morning. Ms. An eventually passed out.

When Liu saw people returning from their lunch break, she grabbed Ms. An, put her on a stool, and force fed her more than 20 prescription pills used in the treatment of heart disease.