Additional Persecution News from China - January 16, 2008 (22 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's report relates persecution incidents that involve 17 cities or counties in 11 provinces. Fourteen Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during detention, and at least 24 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Guang'an City, Sichuan Province] Some Information about the Persecution of Practitioners
- [Tianjin] Ms. Jiang Lili Tortured at the Tianjin Women's Prison
- [Xiangtan City, Hunan Province] Mr. Liu Xinyuan Arrested
- [Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Cai Huarong Facing Illegal Trial
- [Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Yao Jiaxiu Injected with Nerve-Damaging Drugs
- [Binzhou City, Shandong Province] 610 Office Personnel Arrest Ms. Liu Jing
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhou Lianrong Lives in Exile
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Jia Linan Missing for Two Months
- [Zhoukou City, Henan Province] Chuanhui District Court Officials Attempt to Put Ms. Ren Xueying into a Prison in Another City
- [Anda City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Guo Chen Held at the City's Administration Detention Center
- [Huailai County, Hebei Province] Mr. Li Zhanwen Arrested
- [Zhejiang Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
- [Guangxi Autonomous Region] Ms. He Jinmei Arrested in Shenzhen City
- [Hefei City, Anhui Province] Mr. Wang Jun Arrested
- [Acheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Five Practitioners Held at the Harbin City Detention Center
- [Gansu Province] Mr. Mao Wei and Mr. Cai Yong Held in Jiuquan Prison, and Ms. Yao Furong Held at the Lanzhou Prison
- [Xinji City, Hebei Province] Two Practitioners Arrested
- [Shandong Province] More Than Twenty Practitioners Held in the Zhaoyuan City 610 Office Brainwashing Center
- [Hebei Province] The Persecution of Ms. Tian Hua
- [Xiangyin City, Hunan Province] Ms. Zhang Lanhui Held at the Changsha City Women's Prison
- [Shandong Province] The Persecution of Ms. Chi Shufen
- [Sichuan Province] Mr. Wei Wei Held in Deyang City Prison
1. [Guang'an City, Sichuan Province] Some Information about the Persecution of Practitioners
Official Tang Huaming from Yuechi County, Guang'an City, colluded with personnel from the Domestic Security Division and from the Xinglong Town Police Station. They arrested three practitioners at 5 p.m. on December 26, 2007: 70-year-old Mr. Tang Jiuli, a doctor; 50-year-old Mr. Chen Zhixue, a carpenter; and 50-year-old Mr. Yang Jinzhong, a private store owner.
Mr. Tang was held in Xinglong Police Station for several hours and he died the next day. Mr. Chen and Mr. Yang are presently being held in Yuechi Detention Center.
The police arrested Mr. Chen Tianxiao from Chengguan Town, Wusheng County, on April 20, 2006, when he explained the facts about Falun Gong in the Tangjiashan area. Mr. Shao Changming, a teacher that lives on Sanshimi Avenue in Wusheng County, was sentenced to two years of forced labor and is presently being held at the Xinhua Forced Labor Camp in Mianyang City.
The police arrested Ms. Zhang Xueqiong, Ms. Ding Xuling, and Ms. Lin Jinrong from Guang'an City the morning of October 17, 2006. The arrests happened when the practitioners explained the facts of Falun Gong in Dongyue Township, Guang'an City. It was reported that they were sentenced to forced labor.
Yuechi County Party Committee office: 86-826-5222042
Yuechi County Government Office: 86-826-5222586
Yuechi County Domestic Security Division: 86-826-5231776
Yuechi County Detention Center: 86-826-5237111
2. [Tianjin] Ms. Jiang Lili Tortured at the Tianjin Women's Prison
Ms. Jiang Lili was tortured in Tianjin Women's Prison. Her teeth were loosened. She lost a lot of weight and became incontinent. Ms. Jiang's parents have passed away during her term, and she was not allowed to receive any visitors.
3. [Xiangtan City, Hunan Province] Mr. Liu Xinyuan Arrested
Six officers from the Xiashesi Police Station and from the Domestic Security Division in the Yuetang District, Xiangtan City arrested Mr. Liu Xinyuan and put him in Jintangwan Detention Center on January 4, 2008. The police confiscated one of Master's pictures and some truth clarification materials.
4. [Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Cai Huarong Facing Illegal Trial
Xiangzhou District Court agents in Zhuhai City planned to sentence Ms. Cai Huarong at 9:30 a.m. on January 18, 2008.
Xian Yerong, Xiangzhou District People's Court: 86-13928006333, 86-756-2612882 (Home)
5. [Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Yao Jiaxiu Injected with Nerve-Damaging Drugs
Ms. Yao Jiaxiu has been held at the Mental Hospital in Panzhihua City for four months. She was tied up, injected with nerve-damaging drugs, and force fed other unidentified drugs.
Panzhihua City Mental Hospital: 86-812-2906013
6. [Binzhou City, Shandong Province] 610 Office Personnel Arrest Ms. Liu Jing
610 Office agents recently arrested Ms. Liu Jing, an employee from the Binzhou City Internet Company, and ransacked her home. Mr. Feng Zhentang was recently sentenced to five years in prison and Ms. Gai Jianying was also arrested.
7. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhou Lianrong Lives in Exile
Police arrested 53-year-old Ms. Zhou Lianrong from Dalian City in the middle of October 2007 when Ms. Zhou explained the facts about Falun Gong at the Yaojia Market in the Ganjingzi District. They first attempted to put her in Yaojia Detention Center, but the center's officials refused to admit her because of her poor health. She has since been released.
The police went to Ms. Zhou's home again at 6 a.m. in December 2007. They wanted to arrest her and sentence her to two years of forced labor. She has left home to avoid arrest.
Nanguanling Police Station: 86-411-86871220
8. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Jia Linan Missing for Two Months
Sixty-eight-year-old Ms. Jia Lina disappeared on November 5, 2007, after she went out to explain the facts about Falun Gong. The police ransacked her home and confiscated one of Master's pictures, some Dafa books, and truth clarification materials.
9. [Zhoukou City, Henan Province] Chuanhui District Court Officials Attempt to Put Ms. Ren Xueying into a Prison in Another City
Under orders from the Zhoukou City 610 Office in Henan Province, Chuanhui District Court agents held a secret trial on December 13, 2007 for Ms. Ren Xueying, an outstanding teacher in the city's Sports School. They sentenced Ms. Ren to three years in prison. According to a reliable source, the police attempted to transfer Ms. Ren to a prison in other city.
10. [Anda City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Guo Chen Held at the City's Administration Detention Center
Mr. Guo Chen was arrested the night of January 13, 2008. Police confiscated a computer and some Dafa materials. He is presently being held at the city's Administration Detention Center for a 10-day term.
11. [Huailai County, Hebei Province] Mr. Li Zhanwen Arrested
Mr. Li Zhanwen from Huailai County was arrested at 9 p.m. on January 10, 2008, for distributing truth clarification materials in Taipinggou Village, Tumu Township, Huailai County. The police ransacked his home and confiscated a VCD player, a copier, and a laptop computer at 10 p.m. that same day. Mr. Li is presently being held in the county's Ertaizi Detention Center.
12. [Zhejiang Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
Personnel from Pujiang Police Department in Zhejiang Province arrested Ms. Yu Fuqin in March 2007. They also arrested Ms. Fu Baochuan, Ms. Chen Hongfang, Ms. Sun Aifang, and Ms. Shan Chahua and held them in Jinhua Detention Center for six months. Ms. Sun was sentenced to seven and a half years in prison, Ms. Chen and Ms Yu to seven years, Ms. Fu three years with five years probation, and Ms. Shan to three years with four years of probation. These practitioners are presently being held in the city's prison.
13. [Guangxi Autonomous Region] Ms. He Jinmei Arrested in Shenzhen City
Ms. He Jinmei from Guangxi Autonomous Region was arrested in Shenzhen City in October 2007. It is unknown where she is being detained.
14. [Hefei City, Anhui Province] Mr. Wang Jun Arrested
Forty-six-year-old Mr. Wang Jun and an 80-year-old gentleman were arrested and put in the No. 2 Detention Center in Hefei City. The police also confiscated some machinery and 20,000 yuan in cash. The older practitioner has been released.
15. [Acheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Five Practitioners Held at the Harbin City Detention Center
Personnel from Acheng City Political and Judiciary Committee followed five practitioners including Ms. Cheng Liyun on their way to Songfengshan Town on December 26, 2007. Later on, officers from the town's police station arrested the practitioners and put them in the No. 2 Detention Center in Acheng City. The five practitioners did not reveal their names, so the police hung them up and brutally beat them. One practitioner fainted. Police ransacked Ms. Cheng's home and transferred the practitioners to the Guxiang Detention Center in Harbin City.
16. [Gansu Province] Mr. Mao Wei and Mr. Cai Yong Held in Jiuquan Prison, and Ms. Yao Furong Held at the Lanzhou Prison
Police from Yongchang County, Gansu Province, transferred Mr. Mao Wei and Mr. Cai Yong from the county's detention center into the Jiuquan City Prison on January 11, 2008. They put Ms. Yao Furong in the Lanzhou City Prison on January 14, 2008. These three practitioners have all been held for more than six months.
17. [Xinji City, Hebei Province] Two Practitioners Arrested
Police arrested two practitioners from Jiaxinzhuang Village, Mujing Township, Xinji City, on January 12, 2008 for distributing truth clarification materials. They are presently being held in Xinji City.
18. [Shandong Province] More Than Twenty Practitioners Held in the Zhaoyuan City 610 Office Brainwashing Center
Ms. Wen Guoxiang was released from the 610 Office Brainwashing Center two days ago. About 20 practitioners are still being held there.
19. [Hebei Province] The Persecution of Ms. Tian Hua
Personnel from the National Security Division arrested Ms. Tian Hua from Anguo City on October 20, 2007. She was released after a four-day detention. Ms. Tian went to work the following Monday, but officials in the city's Post Bureau ordered Ms. Tian to write a guarantee statement to give up Falun Gong practice. Ms. Tian refused, and her salary was then suspended.
Liu Jiantao, 610 Office: 86-312-3528858 (Office), 86-13903228536 (Cell)
Zheng Hongfang, Post Bureau chief: 86-13903127565
Li Yanjie, Post Bureau deputy chief: 86-13703326068
20. [Xiangyin City, Hunan Province] Ms. Zhang Lanhui Held at the Changsha City Women's Prison
Police officer Li Hui arrested Ms. Zhang Lanhui and put her in Xiangyin City Detention Center. Ms. Zhang staged a hunger strike in protest. A detention center doctor surnamed Xu injected Ms. Zhang with unknown substances.
Miluo Court agents held a trial in the hospital on November 25-26, 2007. Ms. Zhang had high blood pressure, low blood glucose readings, and heart disease; however, the authorities still transferred her to the Women's Prison in Changsha City.
21. [Shandong Province] The Persecution of Ms. Chi Shufen
Police arrested 42-year-old Ms. Chi Shufen and ransacked her home at 10 p.m. on August 5, 2004. They first took her to Qijia Police Station and then transferred her to Zhangjiagou Detention Center. She was sentenced to forced labor a month later and held in Wangcun Forced Labor Camp's No.1 Division in Zibo City.
Ms. Chi was tortured in Wangcun Forced Labor Camp and coerced into writing a guarantee statement giving up Falun Gong. The guards often deprived her of sleep, of restroom use, and of food. They also forced her to sit on a small stool with three nails in it.
Ms. Chi was released on June 20, 2007.
22. [Sichuan Province] Mr. Wei Wei Held in Deyang City Prison
Mr. Wei Wei from Longkou City, Shandong Province, had enrolled in the Light Industrial University in Dalian City in 1999. Police arrested him and put him in the Dalian City Police Department's No.1 Section. He attempted to escape from the third floor of a police building, but injured himself, and he had to stop his education.
Mr. Wei went to Sichuan Province but was arrested and put in the Weiyuan City Police Department in December 2003. He was held there for eight months and then sentenced to nine years in Deyang City Prison.
Guards ordered two felons to beat Mr. Wei on the first day he was in the prison. He was made to stand till 1 a.m. the next day and had to get up at 5 a.m. The two felons tortured him daily.