(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhou Muozhen, 59 years old, is a farmer from Huoxin Village, Gulin County, Sichuan Province. She started practicing Falun Dafa in 1996. Through cultivation, all her illnesses, including chronic diarrhea and arthritis, went away without any medication. Since the persecution started in 1999, she has been detained twice, 15 days each time. Many of her Dafa books were confiscated. In December 2000, she went to Beijing to validate Dafa and consequently was brought back to the Gulin Detention Center. During her detention, she went on a hunger strike and was force-fed. In March 2001, she underwent an illegal trial after suffering the public humiliation of being paraded through the streets from the detention center to the courthouse. In May 2001, she was sentenced to four and a half years in prison. She was sent to Yangmahe Women's Prison in Jianyang City, Sichuan Province. During her incarceration, she was forced to do hard labor. She was subjected to many different types of torture, including being forced to stand for extended periods of time, being shackled, handcuffed in the painful "Carrying a sword on the back" position etc. Despite these torments, she persisted in continuing to practice Falun Dafa. She was released in May 2005. However, she was continually visited and harassed by police and other government officers on so-called sensitive dates.

On August 27, 2007, over a dozen police officers from the Gulin Police Bureau searched and ransacked Ms. Zhou's home. They took away Dafa books, materials, and equipment used for exercises, and arrested Ms. Zhou.

Ms. Zhou underwent another illegal trial on September 25, 2007. She was sentenced to one year in prison for "Being reported to police for distributing Falun Gong material." Her family members tried to submit appeals the next day, but the relevant offices refused to accept them. Because Ms. Zhou could not practice the Dafa exercises during her illegal detention, she suffered a relapse of her old illnesses. On September 27, Ms. Zhou's family went to the government to submit the appeals again and also tried to apply for medical parole for her. However, by the time they arrived there early in the morning, the police told them that Ms. Zhou had already been taken t Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp in Ziyang City.

Ms. Zhou was arrested in the summer, wearing only light clothes. Later, family members were only able to send her two sweaters and were not allowed to visit her. Ms. Zhou's son and daughter-in-law work in another city. Her husband needs to take care of a two-year-old grandson and a daughter with mental problems. Her family is very concerned about her current condition.