Additional Persecution News from China - January 4, 2008 (34 Reports)
Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 29 cities or counties in 12 provinces. In this report 20 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 31 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Shenzhen, Guangdong] Ms. Ma Lifang Taken into Custody
- [Beijing] Mr. Chen Xin Taken to Brainwashing Center
- [Xinbin County, Liaoning Province] Ms. Lu Yunqing Dying
- [Tianjin City] Ms. Gao Yane and Ms. Zhou Lianhe Sentenced
- [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Liqing Illegally Arrested
- [Guangzhou, Guangdong] Mr. Ma Minqing in Sihui Prison
- [Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhang De Beaten
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Update on the Situation of Mr. Li Shoudong and His Wife, Ms. Zhang Xinzhen
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Mr. Wu Jianjun's Court Case Scheduled
- [Da'an City, Jilin Province] Ms. Ma Fengyi Arrested
- [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Fu Xiaodong Brutally Beaten
- [Liaoning] All Prisons in Liaoning Province Force Practitioners to Sign Release Certificates But Do Not Release Them
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zhao Shijun and Mr. Wang Shoujun Harassed
- [Dalian, Liaoning Province] Female Practitioner Arrested Near Huadong Road
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Tang and His Son Arrested
- [Beijing] Mr. Xu Jiasheng Arrested Again
- [Jiaxiang County, Shandong Province] Ding Xiurong and Three Other Practitioners Arrested
- [Qingyun County, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhang Xiuhua Arrested
- [Zhaoyuan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Shao Ruiying Arrested
- [Shouguang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Zheng Chenggang Harassed by Police
- [Gaotang County, Shandong Province] Ms. Gao Lihua Forced Into Homelessness to Escape Persecution
- [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Mr. Wang Jian Brutally Beaten
- [Qinghai Province] Mr. Xu Xueli Arrested
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Update on Mr. Na Jingxue
- [Linzhou City, Henan Province] Police Persecuted Mr. Feng Junhong
- [Shouguang City, Shandong Province] Four Practitioners Arrested
- [Wuhan, Hubei Province] Mr. Zhang Weijie Sentenced to a One-Year Prison Term
- [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Lu Mingjin Arrested
- [Wulumuqi City, Xinjiang] Zhong Xinlian and Other Practitioners Arrested
- [Lanxi, Zhejiang Province] Ms. Zhao Shuying Tortured
- [Dehui City, Jilin Province] Update on Mr. Zhu Jingcai's Arrest
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhou Guiling Arrested
- [Meishan City, Sichuan Province] Additional Information about Ms. Wang Xuezhen's Arrest
- [Fuyang City, Zhejiang Province] Ms. Huang Meirong and Others Arrested
1. [Shenzhen, Guangdong] Ms. Ma Lifang Taken into Custody
Practitioner Ms. Ma Lifang was arrested at her home in Liantang in June 2007. She is still detained in Caopu Detention Center in Luohu District.
Police broke into and raided her house. They confiscated money deposit certificates valued at almost one million yuan. Her son is over 10 and is facing a university admission test. He is alone and his life is in dire straits.
2. [Beijing] Mr. Chen Xin Taken to Brainwashing Center
Mr. Chen Xin of Siping, Jilin, who is in his 30s, is a certified accountant. He worked in the Finance Department at Beijing Ruisa Semiconductor Company. On December 28, 2007, he was arrested and taken to a brainwashing center because he clarified the truth.
3. [Xinbin County, Liaoning Province] Ms. Lu Yunqing Dying
Ms. Lu Yunqing is dying due to torture from the persecution. It is rumored that she is at Pingdingbu Hospital in Tieling City.
4. [Tianjin City] Ms. Gao Yane and Ms. Zhou Lianhe Sentenced
In October 2007, Ms. Gao Yane and an another, unknown practitioner were reported when distributing Falun Gong fact clarification materials. They were arrested and detained at Ji County Detention Center by Ji County Police. Because Ms. Gao didn't cooperate, the police arrested her daughter who is studying at a college. Ms. Gao's daughter and the practitioner were later released. Ms. Gao was "illegally sentenced" to a three-year prison term. She was transferred to Tianjin.
Ms. Zhou Lianhe was followed and arrested because she wrote Falun Dafa truth-clarification facts on walls. She is in the Ji County Detention Center.
5. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Liqing Illegally Arrested
On December 31, 2007, Ms. Wang Liqing, around 60, from Zibo City was clarifying the facts about Falun Gong. She was arrested by police officers from the Zhangdian District Police Station, who extorted 10,000 "yuan" from her family. The officials threatened to sentence her to Wang Village Forced Labor Camp for three years if her family refused to hand over the money. Ms. Wang is still detained and being tortured at the Zibo City Law Education Center.
6. [Guangzhou, Guangdong] Mr. Ma Minqing in Sihui Prison
Guangzhou practitioner Mr. Ma Minqing was detained in the Guangzhou Yuexiu District Detention Center for one year and two months. On December 21, 2007, Mr. Ma was taken to Sihui Prison and tortured by staff from the Logistics Special Monitoring Group.
Sihui Prison: 86-758-3301002.
7. [Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhang De Beaten
Haicheng practitioner Mr. Zhang De was transferred from Wafangdian to the Sixth Prison Area, First Prison at the Shenyang Prison City. Because he did not sit upright during roll call, he was beaten by an "on-duty prisoner" and injured in late December 2007. He bit his tongue during the torture.
First Prison: 86-24-89296257 and 86-24-89296258
8. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Update on the Situation of Mr. Li Shoudong and His Wife, Ms. Zhang Xinzhen
On the afternoon of October 26, 2007, police officials from National Security and officers from the police station broke into Mr. Li Shoudong's home. They arrested him and his wife, Ms. Zhang Xinxhen, and confiscated Teacher's books and other Falun Dafa materials. Both were detained in a brainwashing center for almost a month and then taken to a forced labor camp.
9. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Mr. Wu Jianjun's Court Case Scheduled
Shijiazhuang Court planned to put Mr. Wu Jianjun on trial on January 3, 2008.
10. [Da'an City, Jilin Province] Ms. Ma Fengyi Arrested
On January 2, 2008, officers from the Da'an National Security and Police Station arrested Ms. Ma Fengyi. Her Dafa books were confiscated.
11. [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Fu Xiaodong Brutally Beaten
In mid-December 2007, police brutally beat and used electric batons to shock Mr. Fu Xiaodong, who was detained in Weining Reformatory. On October 28, 2006, officers from the Gaoyu Police Station arrested Mr. Fu. In May 2007, he was transferred to Weining Reformatory. The reformatory deprived him of all family visits. Now Mr. Fu is detained at the Third Brigade and his father-in-law, Mr. Liu Tingheng, is detained in the Legal System Center of the reformatory.
Legal System Center: 86-414-4618971
Benxi Judicial Bureau Prison Management Section: 86-414-2804822
12. [Liaoning] All Prisons in Liaoning Province Force Practitioners to Sign Release Certificates But Do Not Release Them
All large prisons in Liaoning Province have promised to immediately release all illegally detained practitioners who sign release forms. But after the forms are signed, the practitioners are transferred to other prisons.
13. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zhao Shijun and Mr. Wang Shoujun Harassed
On December 26, 2007, Mr. Zhao Shijun and Mr. Wang Shoujun, who were detained in the Seventh Brigade in Daqing Prison, were dumping trash into the outside trash bin as requested. However, the guards harassed them by accusing them of leaving the prison building.
14. [Dalian, Liaoning Province] Female Practitioner Arrested Near Huadong Road
At around 5:00 p.m. on December 31, 2007, a Dalian woman practitioner was reported when she distributed truth clarification materials near Huadong Road. Agents from the 610 Office arrested her. She is now detained in Zhonghualu Police Station, Ganjingzi District, Dalian.
15. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Tang and His Son Arrested
At around 5:00 p.m. on January 2, 2008, Mr. Tang and his 16-year-old son, who live near Yuhong Airport, Shenyang, were arrested by agents from the Shenyang 610 Office and the National Security Branch Brigade in front of their apartment. Mr. Tang's son is in his second year at Shenyang Zaohua High School.
16. [Beijing] Mr. Xu Jiasheng Arrested Again
Mr. Xu Jiasheng is around 43 years old, and was born in Changchun. He lived in Xibeiwang, Haidian District, Beijing. On January 3, 2008, he was arrested again.
17. [Jiaxiang County, Shandong Province] Ding Xiurong and Three Other Practitioners Arrested
On December 31, 2007, the local police arrested four practitioners, including Ding Xiurong from Zhaozhuang, Huanggai Village, Jiaxiang. The police confiscated valuable personal property.
18. [Qingyun County, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhang Xiuhua Arrested
On the afternoon of December 31, 2007, Ms. Zhang Xiuhua was reported for clarifying the truth at the Qingyun Marketplace. Police from the marketplace police station arrested her. She was transferred to Qingyun Detention Center and is still on a hunger strike to protest her illegal detention.
19. [Zhaoyuan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Shao Ruiying Arrested
On the afternoon of January 1, 2008, Zhaoyuan practitioner Ms. Shao Ruiying was reported when she clarified the truth of Falun Dafa. She was arrested.
20. [Shouguang City, Shandong Province] Mr. Zheng Chenggang Harassed by Police
Mr. Zheng Chenggang lives in Zhengjia Village, Sunji Town. Nine police officers from the Sunji Town Police Station of Shouguang City came to Mr. Zheng's home in three police cars at around 10:00 a.m. on December 21, 2007. They broke into his home and confiscated two Dafa books.
21. [Gaotang County, Shandong Province] Ms. Gao Lihua Forced Into Homelessness to Escape Persecution
Ms. Gao Lihua from Gaotang County, Liaocheng District, Shandong Province, returned home on the afternoon of December 27, 2007. On January 1, 2008, Ms. Gao was again taken to the police station and was forced to sign some documents. She left her home to avoid further persecution.
22. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Mr. Wang Jian Brutally Beaten
Mr. Wang Jian from Xingwanzhai Village, Zunhua, Tangshan City, was working at home on October 17, 2007, when officers from the Shirengou Police Station arrested him. They also confiscated Dafa books, VCDs, a desktop and a laptop computer.
Mr. Wang is in Zunhua Detention Center. On December 28, 2007, assistant captain Wang Kunyuan and Dong Guofeng from the Zunhua National Security Brigade beat and disparaged him, claiming they were interrogating him.
Xingwanzhai Village secretary Wang Xiaoli: 86-315-6052102, 86-13831505446
Shirengou Police Station chief Wang Shushen: 86-315-6050100, 86-315-6050110
23. [Qinghai Province Mr. Xu Xueli Arrested
In December 2007, National Security secret agents arrested Mr. Xu Xueli.
24. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Update on Mr. Na Jingxue
Police from Kuiwen Police Station arrested Weifang practitioner Mr. Na Jingxue. They took him to Weifang Detention Center on November 9, 2007. On December 5, 2007, he was sentenced to a two-year term to be served at Zhangqiu Forced Labor Camp.
25. [Linzhou City, Henan Province] Police Persecuted Mr. Feng Junhong
In December 2007, Linzhou City police arrested practitioner Mr. Feng Junhong. The police forced him to stand barefoot on the icy-cold floor for the entire night. They transferred him to Anyang City the next day.
Linzhou City 610 Office head Shi Heshu: 86-372-6816008, 86-13803721308.
26. [Shouguang City, Shandong Province] Four Practitioners Arrested
At around 10:00 a.m. on January 2, 2008, Shouguang City practitioners Mr. Lao Shao, Ms. Zhang Guizhi, Mr. Xiao Ma, and Mr. Lao Sun were reported when clarifying the facts about the persecution of Falun Gong. They were arrested and Ms. Zhang's home was ransacked. They are now detained at Shouguang Industrial District Police Station.
Shouguang City Detention Center phone: 86-536-5268879
27. [Wuhan, Hubei Province] Mr. Zhang Weijie Sentenced to a One-Year Prison Term
In March 2007, Mr. Zhang Weijie was arrested and taken to Chenjiaji Brainwashing Center in Jiangan District, Wuhan. In December 2007, he was given a one-year prison term. He is detained at the Second Brigade, Hewan Forced Lamp Camp, Wuhan.
28. [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Lu Mingjin Arrested
Director Li Yanjun and other officers at the Shenjiatun Village Police Station, Qiaoxi District, Zhangjiakou, ransacked practitioner Mr. Lu Mingjin's home in mid-April 2007. They confiscated Falun Dafa materials and books. Mr. Lu was forced to become homeless to escape persecution.
On September 13, 2007, some villagers reported him. Police officer Liu Weidong, director Zhao and other officials arrested Mr. Lu at his Yanjiatun workplace. On September 21, 2007, he was taken to Shisanli Detention Center.
29. [Wulumuqi City, Xinjiang] Ms. Zhong Xinlian and Other Practitioners Arrested
In November 2007, secret agents from Wulumuqi National Security, Weiwuer Autonomous Region, arrested Ms. Zhong Xinlian, Mr. Li Bin, Mr. Peng Hao, Ms. Bai Yun, and others. The agents ransacked their homes. The practitioners are detained at an undisclosed location near Wulumuqi Railway West Station. Family visits are not allowed.
30. [Lanxi, Zhejiang Province] Ms. Zhao Shuying Tortured
Police from the Lanxi Police Station posted the name of South Street statistician Ms. Zhao Shuying on the National Internet Wanted Criminals List because she distributed truth clarification materials.
31. [Dehui City, Jilin Province] Update on Mr. Zhu Jingcai's Arrest
On the evening of December 27, 2007, officers from the Chalukou Police Station arrested Mr. Zhu Jingcai of Caoyangshan Village, Chalukou Town, Dehui City, and ransacked his home. He is now detained in Dehui Detention Center.
32. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhou Guiling Arrested
On December 19, 2007, officers from the Zhoushui Police Station arrested Ms. Zhou Guiling.
33. [Meishan City, Sichuan Province] Additional Information about Ms. Wang Xuezhen's Arrest
In November 2007, Ms. Wang Xuezhen visited her daughter. She was followed when she distributed truth clarification materials. Police arrested Ms. Wang Xuezhen, claiming that they were taking a census. Ms. Wang was released ten days later. Police at Shanghai Police Station notified officers at Meishan Police Station, which resulted in Ms. Wang's young son's home being ransacked.
34. [Fuyang City, Zhejiang Province] Ms. Huang Meirong and Others Arrested
Fuyang practitioners Ms. Huang Meirong, 76; Mr. Lao Xuan, 73; and Mr. Xu Xiangrong and Ms. Huang Xiuzhen (husband and wife) were illegally arrested in late December 2007. They are detained in Fuyang Detention Center. Sun Xianglian was out on bail for a year and was released due to having high blood pressure.
Mr. Sun Xiaojun, and Mr. Feng Haifu were arrested in June 2007. Mr. Sun is still detained and being tortured in Fuyang Detention Center. Mr. Feng was taken to Zhejiang Shiliping Forced Labor Camp. He has been subjected to brutal persecution and has been paralyzed.
Fuyang City National Security head Ling Xianjin: 86-13575799112, 86-571-63325062