Additional Persecution News from China - January 5, 2008 (43 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 34 cities or counties in 16 provinces. In this report, 40 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 22 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Hengyang City, Hunan Province] Ms. Yang Zhilan Subjected to Mistreatment in Hunan Province Women's Prison
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Feng Shuzhi Arrested
- [Laizhou City, Shandong Province] Shahe Town Government Officials Slander Falun Dafa and Persecute Innocent People
- [Liaoning Province] Mr. Bai Rongchun and Mr. Xue Jun Transferred from the Second Prison in Shenyang City to Panjin Prison on December 20, 2007
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhang Ke and His Wife Both Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison--Mr. Zhang Ke Imprisoned at the First Ward in Panjin Prison
- [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Mr. Zhang Hairong Secretly Taken to Shibalihe Forced Labor Camp before New Year's Day
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Tang Huiyun, Employed by Yuhong District Airport, Arrested on January 2, 2008
- [Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Ms. Chen Lirong and Others Persecuted
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Recent Information about the Persecution of Mr. Ma Minqing
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] More Information about the Persecution of Ms. Xu Jianqiong
- [ Sanhe City, Hebei Province] Ms. Yang Huirong and Another Practitioner Taken into Custody
- [ Yunnan Province] Ms. Shi Yun, a Teacher at the No. 2 Vocational High School in Kunming City, Holds a Protest Hunger Strike
- [ Xinxiang City, Henan Province] Ms. Wei Shexiang Arrested and Sentenced to Forced Labor
- [ Xingning City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Li Xinhui Sentenced to Prison Again after Six Years in Detention
- [ Zhanjiang City, Guangdong ] Ms. Huang Yuqiong and Other Practitioners Detained in
1. [Hengyang City, Hunan Province] Ms. Yang Zhilan Subjected to Mistreatment in Hunan Province Women's Prison
Retired accountant Ms. Yang Zhilan from the Young People's Cultural Palace in Hengyang City is about 60 years old. She was distributing "truth clarification" materials and was arrested by the Hengyang municipal 610 Office, Hengyang Municipal Police Department, and the State Security Division. She is imprisoned in Hunan Province Women's Prison in Changsha City. Her husband and relatives went to the prison to see her but the prison officials did not allow them to visit.
Hunan Provincial Women's Prison telephone: 86-731-2323057, 86-731-2323089
Deputy-warden Zhao Lan (female): 86-731-2323007 (Office), 86-731-2323878 (Home), 86-13308498728 (Cell)
2. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Feng Shuzhi Arrested
On November 29, 2007, officers from the Wafangdian City Police Department, Liaoning Province, and the Lidian Town Police Station conspired with the police from Zhanqian Police Station in Jinzhou District to take practitioner Ms. Feng Shuzhi away from her home. Ms. Feng is being detained at the Wafangdian City Detention Center.
Police Station Chief Han Gang (male): 86-13700086312 (Cell)
Wudian Village policeman Zhou Caiguo (male): 86-13840804617 (Cell)
Detention Center telephone: 86-411-85660763
3. [Laizhou City, Shandong Province] Shahe Town Government Officials Slander Falun Dafa and Persecute Innocent People
In December 2007, the Shahe Town government of Laizhou City began coordinating with the Shahe Town Police Department to have a vehicle drive around Shahe Avenue broadcasting the offer to "reward those who report illegal Falun Gong activity to the authorities in Shahe Town." A notice about this offer was also passed out, booth by booth, at the major market in Shahe.
On the afternoon of December 26, practitioner Ms. Qu Weilan from Xideng Village, Shahe Town, was reported to the authorities at Xiheya Village and arrested. After 10:00 p.m. that same night, Shahe Town Police Department personnel went to practitioners' homes to harass them and confiscated an exercise music audiotape. The next morning they again went to the practitioners' homes, this time to ransack them. On December 28, 2007, at about 8:00 p.m., practitioners Ms. Yu Xinglan, Mr. Han Zhen'gui, and Ms. Xu Peili from Beisunjia Village, Tushan Town, were forcibly taken by the police. The police also ransacked Ms. Yu Xinglan's house.
Shahe Town Police Department office: 86-535-231104
Chief's office: 86-535-2311167
4. [Liaoning Province] Mr. Bai Rongchun and Mr. Xue Jun Transferred from the Second Prison in Shenyang City to Panjin Prison on December 20, 2007
5. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhang Ke and His Wife Both Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison--Mr. Zhang Ke Imprisoned at the First Ward in Panjin Prison
6. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Mr. Zhang Hairong Secretly Taken to Shibalihe Forced Labor Camp before New Year's Day
7. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Tang Huiyun, Employed by Yuhong District Airport, Arrested on January 2, 2008
8. [Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Ms. Chen Lirong And Others Persecuted
Ms. Chen Lirong, Mr. Zhou Jian, and Mr. Wang Xiancheng from Zharumutai Township, Morin Dawa Daur Autonomous Prefecture, Hulunbei'er League in Inner Mongolia, were arrested by police from the Morin Dawa Prefecture Department sometime during the first ten days of December 2007. It has been confirmed that Ms. Chen Lirong was sentenced to seven years of imprisonment, and Mr. Zhou Jian and Mr. Wang Xiancheng were each sentenced to four years. Once Ms. Chen Lirong and Mr. Zhou Jian were arrested, their homes were ransacked for two days, from the afternoon of May 8 to the morning of May 9, 2007, by persons led by chief Zhang Shibin (male) of the 610 Office of Morin Dawa Prefecture. Ms. Chen Lirong's computer, a printer, and other belongings were confiscated. Ms. Chen Lirong, Mr. Zhou Jian, and others were released after several thousand yuan was extorted from them.
Mr. Cao Jihai and Mr. Hong Litao from Qianjin Village, Dayangshu Town, Elunchun Prefecture, Hulunbei'er League in Inner Mongolia, were arrested December 12, 2005, while going to Guli Township to clarify the truth. Mr. Cao was detained at the detention center in Dayangshu Town. Mr. Cao Jihai was sentenced to three years and is now in Baoanzhao Prison. Mr. Hong Litao was released after being fined. The criminal squad police chief, Li Benxue, of Dayangshu Town frequently goes to Mr. Hong Litao's home to harass him.
Mr. Li Yong from Dayangshu Town, Elunchun Prefecture, Hulunbei'er League, was arrested in May 2007 and sentenced to one year of forced labor. He is now imprisoned at Tumuji Labor Camp.
Police department office: 86-470-5732766, 86-470-5731164
9. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Recent Information about the Persecution of Mr. Ma Minqing
Mr. Ma Minqing was arrested on October 8, 2006, and has been imprisoned in Yuexiu District Detention Center, Guangzhou City, ever since. After an unlawful trial on July 16, 2007, he was transferred to Sihui City Men's Prison in Guangdong Province on December 21, 2007.
Sihui City Prison: 86-758-3301002
10. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] More Information about the Persecution of Ms. Xu Jianqiong
Ms. Xu Jianqiong was arrested on September 23, 2007, by officers from Sushe Street Police Station of Haizhu District, Fenghuangguang Police Station, and the Haizhu District 610 Office. She has been detained in Nanzhou Detention Center in Haizhu District. It has been reported that she is facing an unlawful trial.
11. [ Sanhe City, Hebei Province] Ms. Yang Huirong and Another Practitioner Taken into Custody
On the night of January 2, 2008, 60-year-old Ms. Yang Huirong and 40-year-old Ms. Wang, practitioners in Sanhe City, were taken into custody. On the morning of January 3, Ms. Yang's home was searched without a warrant.
Shi Liandong (male), director of the Domestic Security Division of Sanhe City
Police Department: 86-316-3115636 (Home), 86-13803269588
Zan Qingcai (male), director of the Sanhe City 610 Office: 86-316-3113955, 86-13903163052
Wang Haibin (male), deputy director of the Sanhe City 610 Office: 86-316-3210182 (Home)
12. [ Yunnan Province] Ms. Shi Yun, a Teacher at the No. 2 Vocational High School in Kunming City, Holds a Protest Hunger Strike
On September 30, 2007, officers from the Xiaonan Police Station and the Wuhua District 610 Office, took away Ms. Shi Yun while she was mailing a letter. Ms. Shi is being detained in the Wuhua District Detention Center. She went on a hunger strike for about one month to protest the persecution. Consequently, she was force-fed and tortured. Money and belongings sent to Ms. Shi by her family and the letters from Ms. Shi to her family were confiscated. She has been transferred to the No. 8 Detention Center where she has again been subjected to persecution.
13. [ Xinxiang City, Henan Province] Ms. Wei Shexiang Arrested and Sentenced to Forced Labor
On December 5, 2007, Ms. Wei Shexiang was taken into custody by officers from the Chengguan Police Station in Yuanyang County. She was detained in the Detention Center at the Yuanyang County Police Department. Officers searched her home and store. On December 22, she was taken to the Zhengzhou City Forced Labor Camp.
Chengguan Police Station: 86-373-7293165
Li Guozhan(male), deputy CCP secretary of the 610 Office: 86-373-7586610 (Office), 86-373-7291010 (Home), 86-13503435011 (Cell)
14. [ Xingning City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Li Xinhui Sentenced to Prison Again after Six Years of Detention
Mr. Li Xinhui is from Tianxin Village, Yetang Town, Xingning City. After being detained for six years, he was released before the Guangzhou City Autumn Trade Fair in 2006. On October 6, 2006, during the Mid-Autumn Festival, he was taken to Tianhe Detention Center in Guangzhou City. He was illegally sentenced to four years in prison. On November 6, 2007, he was transferred to Sihui Prison.
15. [ Zhanjiang City, Guangdong ] Ms. Huang Yuqiong and Other Practitioners Detained in
"Legal System School"
Ms. Huang Yuqiong and Ms. Shen Huiqiong from Zhanjiang City were transferred from the Dongxing State Security Division in Xiashan District to the "Legal System School" in Zhanjiang City. Another practitioner, 63-year-old Ms. Tang Fengming, was also detained there.
16. [ Baoding City, Hebei Province] Security Office of the Xinshi District Sets Up Hot-line Telephone to Lure the Populace into Doing Bad Things
Since September 2007, authorities of the Security Office under the Xinshi District, have posted public notices that slander Dafa in many different communities. Posted are the phone numbers and the rewards that can be earned for reporting practitioners to the police.
Security Office (also the hot-line telephone number): 86-312-3089123
17. [ Hubei Province] Recent Situation of Ms. Li Hongyang and Mr. Zhang Lifeng
Ms. Li Hongyang and Mr. Zhang Lifeng were students at Sanxia University in Yichang City. On December 25, 2000, they were taken into custody for distributing truth-clarification materials on campus. In January 2002, they were released from Yichang Detention Center.
After Ms. Li graduated, she returned to her hometown of Shiyan City. In late 2002, she was taken into custody by the local police. Her family was not allowed to visit her. Both of her parents are Falun Gong practitioners. Her father was imprisoned in Shayang Forced Labor Camp.
Mr. Zhang is from Jingmen City. After graduation, he was employed as an English teacher in the No. 1 Middle School in Jingning County. In October 2002, he was taken into custody by the local police and his whereabouts are unknown.
18. [ Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Recent Situation of Ms. Lv Xiaojuan
Ms. Lv Xiaojuan was taken into custody on December 19, 2007. As of January 3, 2008, she had been detained in the Fengrun District Detention Center for more two weeks. During this period, the State Security Division interrogated her many times. They have also threatened and deceived Ms. Lv, her family, and her boss at work.
19. [ Jiyuan city, Henan Province ] Mr. Xing Qingfang Taken into Custody on January 3, 2003
20. [ Shanghai City] Ms. Zhao Ronghua Detained in the Railway Detention Center of Bangbu Railway Police Department
On the afternoon of December 29, 2000, Ms. Zhao Ronghua, 60 years old, was detained by security officers for carrying Falun Dafa material and CDs into the entrance of the railway station in Hefei City. She was taken to the Railway Detention Center of Bangbu Railway Police Department and detained. She has been sentenced and is being held in criminal detention.
21. [Hebei Province] Qianxi County Court to Place Ms. Chai Junxi on Trial
At around 11:00 p.m. on July 18, 2007, Ms. Chai Junxia was deep in sleep when Zhu Zhengang (male), He Liansuo (male) ,and other officers of the Qianxi Domestic Security Division climbed over a wall and broke into her home. The officers searched her home and took into custody Ms. Chai; her second eldest brother, Mr. Chai Zhiwu; and her mother-in-law, who is almost 70 years old. Her brother and mother-in-law have since been released.
On August 24, Ms. Chai was officially placed under arrest upon the authorization of the procuratorate. Formal charges were brought against her on December 1. The court is scheduled to put her on trial on January 7, 2008. Ms. Chai's family has received no notification. Ms. Chai has been held in police custody for almost six months.
In addition, Mr. Liu Yunjiang, who has been persecuted for over a year, has been secretly sentenced to three years in prison by the Qianxi Court.
Zhang Guanghui (male), chief of Qianxi County Police Department:
86-315-5685669 (Office), 86-315-5689688 (Home), 86-13832986198 (Cell)
Zhu Zhengang (male), head of the Qianxi Domestic Security Division: 86-315-5086738 (Office), 86-315-5665498 (Home), 86-13832983629 (Cell)
He Liansuo (male), police officer: 86-315-5619048, 86-13832984352 (Cell)
22. [Jilin Province] Ms. Xie Yufen, in Her Sixties, Taken into Police Custody
On December 28, 2007, Ms. Xie Yufen and two other elderly practitioners clarified the truth to a woman taxi driver. The taxi was being followed by the Changchun police. Four or five police cars surrounded the taxi outside the gate of the provincial hospital. A group of officers opened the taxi doors and dragged Ms. Xie into a police car. The other two practitioners managed to escape.
23. [Dehui City, Jilin Province] Mr. Chu Jingcai Taken into Custody
On the evening of December 27, 2007, Mr. Chu Jingcai, 55, from Chaoyangshan Village in the Chalukou area of Dehui City was turned in to the authorities while he was distributing truth clarification materials in the area of Maojia Village. Lin Yingqi (male) and other officers of the Chalukou Police Station took him to the local police station. At 10:00 p.m. the same night, the police searched Mr. Chu's home. On the morning of December 28, Mr. Chu Jingcai was taken to the Dehui City Detention Center.
Lin Yingqi (male), who is directly responsible for the persecution:
Li Yuke (gender unknown), director of the 610 Office: 86-431-87216610 (Office), 86-431-87234600 (Home), 86-13364633706 (Cell)
24. [Hebei Province] Head of Anguo City Post Office Tries to Force Ms. Tian Hua to Write a Guarantee Statement Promising Not to Practice Falun Gong
On October 20, 2007, Ms. Tian Hua returned home after being held in custody at the Anguo City Domestic Security Division for four days. When she went to work the following Monday, October 22, Zheng Hongfang (female), the top official of the Anguo City Post Office, threatened to expel Ms. Tian unless she wrote a guarantee statement promising not to practice Falun Gong. Ms. Tian refused. As a result, for over a month and a half she has been suspended from her job.
Zheng Hongfang (female), head of Anguo City Post Office: 86-13903127565
Liu Jiantao (male), of the 610 Office: 86-312-3528858,86-13903228536
25. [Wulian County, Shandong Province] Mr. Liang Qifu, Ms. Yu Zhaoyan, and Ms. Liu Zhaoxiu Taken into Police Custody
On the evening of January 3, 2008, Mr. Liang Qifu and his wife, Ms. Yu Zhaoyan, were distributing truth clarification materials in Songbai Township in Wulian County when the police took them into custody. They are being held at the Detention Center affiliated with the Wulian County Police Department.
In addition, Ms. Ms. Liu Zhaoxiu from Wulian County was taken into police custody on January 3, 2008.
26. [Guangdong Province] Mr. Long Deguan Faces Unlawful Trial
Mr. Long Deguan has been held at the Baiyun District No. 3 Detention Center in Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, since he was taken into custody on September 23, 2007. It has been recently learned that Mr. Long is going to be put on trial. While Mr. Long has been detained, his family has been followed by the police.
27. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Additional Information on the Mistreatment of Mr. Xu Xieqia
Mr. Xu Xieqia, a practitioner in Zhengzhou City, was a former employee of Jinxiang Media Company affiliated with the Zhengzhou Transportation and Shipping Group Company. He demanded back pay that the company owed him. Wu Delin, the company's general manager, has asked officials in the police, procuratorate, and court system to retaliate against Mr. Xu on the grounds that he is a Falun Gong practitioner. On the evening of December 27, 2007, Mr. Xu was taken to the Zhengzhou No. 2 Detention Center by Yinghe Road Police Station officers. His family and fellow practitioners did all they could to rescue him. The procuratorate refused to issue an arrest warrant due to the lack of substantial evidence. However, Yinghe Road Police Station officials refused to release him. Between 3:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. on the morning of December 29, Mr. Xu, still in handcuffs, walked away from the police station. To avoid the persecution, he has been forced to leave town and become homeless.
Officers on duty at Yinghe Road Police Station: 86-371-68632110
Chen Weixing (male), director of Yinghe Road Police Station: 86-13598867086 (Cell)
He Nan (male), officer in charge of Mr. Xu Xieqia's case: 86-13592502335 (Cell)
28. [Qingyun County, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhang Xiuhua Held in Custody
On December 31, 2007, Ms. Zhang Xiuhua was clarifying the truth at the Merchandise Plaza when she was reported to the police. Officers of the Merchandise Plaza Police Station took her into custody. Ms. Zhang has since been transferred from the police department, where she was held initially, to the Qingyun County Detention Center .
Li Guangrong (male), member of the 610 Office: 86-13853471368
29. [Liaoning Province] Whereabouts of Practitioners Once Held in Wafangdian Prison to Be Investigated
Mr. Cong Ming, a practitioner in Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, has been taken to No. 8 Ward in Nanguanling Prison in Dalian City, Liaoning Province, by officials of Wafangdian Prison. The whereabouts of many practitioners who were held at Wafangdian Prison remain unknown.
30. [Shandong] Posters Defaming Falun Dafa Displayed Recently in Many Residential Communities of the Shengli Oil Fields
31. [Handan City, Hebei Province] Mr. Liu Dayong Abused in Baoding Psychiatric Hospital
Mr. Liu Dayong is a former employee of the Iron Melting Branch Factory of the Handan Steel Company. Mr. Liu lives in No. 1 Court, Luochengtou, Handan City. He is being held at a psychiatric hospital in Baoding City and is being abused.
32. [Huizhou City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Cao Jianshan, a Teacher at Huiyang Senior High School, Taken into Custody
On January 1, 2008, Mr. Cao Jianshan, a teacher at the Huiyang Senior High School in Huizhou City, was taken into custody by the police while he was distributing truth clarification materials in public places. The same night, the police searched his home and confiscated his computer.
33. [Fangzheng County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Wang Hai and His Wife, Ms. Si Meiling, Taken into Custody
On December 31, 2007, Mr. Wang Hai and his wife, Ms. Si Meiling, were taken into custody by the Fangzheng County Domestic Security Division. Ms. Si was released from a women's prison in April 2007. Mr. Wang was recently released in July 2007.
Zhao Jiaqi (male), deputy chief of Fangzheng County Police Department (in
charge of the persecution of Falun Gong): 86-13303617299 (Cell), 86-451-57124746
(Office), 86-451-57124540 (Home)
Weng Hongjun (male), deputy head of Domestic Security Division: 86-13115506900
Fangzheng County 610 Office: 86-451-57116731
34. [Liaoning Province] Whereabouts of Falun Gong Prisoners Held at Yingkou Prison
On December 19, 2007, all of the practitioners who had been held in Yingkou Prison were transferred to Benxi Prison and Panjin Prison. Four practitioners, all of whom are serving prison terms longer than ten years, have been transferred to Panjin Prison. Those serving terms of less than ten years have been transferred to Benxi Prison. Mr. Pei Guangbin, a practitioner from Huludao City, Liaoning Province, has been transferred to the Benxi Prison.
35. [Huai'an City, Jiangsu Province] Police Unlawfully Search Mr. Dai Mingxuan's Home
At around 10:20 a.m. on January 4, 2008, a dozen officers from the Huai'an City Domestic Security Division, the Chuzhou District Domestic Security Division, and the Zhabei Police Station in Qinghe District again searched Mr. Dai Mingxuan's home. The officers confiscated a tape recorder, Falun Gong exercise cassettes, copies of "Minghui Weekly," truth clarification materials, and over one hundred yuan in cash. The police took into custody a young practitioner with the surname Liang, who happened to be at Mr. Dai's home.
36. [Yushu City, Jilin Province] Mr. Wang Jianpeng Taken to Lugouqiao Detention Center in Beijing
Mr. Wang Jianpeng, 18, is a practitioner from Bao'an Village in Qingding Township, Yushu City. He makes a living by delivering newspapers in Beijing. In early November 2007, he was turned in to the authorities for writing "Falun Dafa Is Great" on newspapers. Officers of the Dongtieying Police Station in Fengtai District of Beijing took him into custody. He has been held at the Lugouqiao Detention Center in Fengtai District. It has been reported that many practitioners are being held at this detention center. The officials have not allowed the practitioners' families to visit them.
Inquiry number at Lugouqiao Detention Center in Fengtai District, Beijing: 86-10-83680063
37. [Jiaoling County, Guangdong Province] Mr. Zhang Ruliang Is Being Harassed by the Police
On the afternoon of December 29, 2007, Zhong Changqing (male), member of the Jiaoling County 610 Office, and several other officers went to Mr. Zhang Ruliang's home to harass him. The officers also confiscated a motorcycle.
38. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Tian Ke and Another Practitioner Taken into Custody
On the morning of December 31, 2007, the police searched Mr. Tian Ke's home in the Niuxintun area in Tiexi District, Shenyang City, and took Mr. Tian into custody. On the evening of January 2, the police took into custody Mr. Tang Huiyun, who lives by the Yuhong Airport.
39. [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Several Practitioners in Yanliang District Sent to Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Zou Yanping and Mr. Li Heping, practitioners in Yanliang District, Xi'an City, were each sentenced to one year of forced labor around October 2007. Mr. Huang Genjing was sentenced to one year of forced labor around November 2007. Mr. Zhou Biao was sentenced to nine years in prison for producing truth clarification materials. Two sisters from Pucheng City, Shaanxi Province, were each sentenced to six years in prison. Mr. Xing Zhiwen has been held at the Gaoling County Detention Center in Xi'an City for about three weeks for distributing truth clarification materials. Mr. Gao Mantang has been sentenced to eight years in prison. Another practitioner has also been sentenced to prison.
40. [Zhaoyuan City, Shandong Province] Ms. Fu Caixia and Her Younger Brother, Mr. Fu Xinli, Taken into Custody
At around 8:00 p.m. on January 3, 2008, Li Jianguang (male), an officer of the Zhaoyuan City 610 Office, and half a dozen officers from the Zhaoyuan City Police Department and officials of the Daqinjia Town government broke into Ms. Fu Caixia's mother's home in Daqinjia Village in Daqinjia Town, Zhaoyuan City. The officers took Ms. Fu Caixia into custody. About ten minutes later, the officers returned to Ms. Fu's mother's home and took into custody Ms. Fu's younger brother, Mr. Fu Xinli. The police searched the place and confiscated Falun Dafa books, truth clarification materials, portraits of the founder of Falun Gong, and satellite television receivers.
At around 8:00 a.m. on January 4, 2008, Ms. Fu's mother, daughter, and son went to the Zhaoyuan City Police Department demanding Ms. Fu's release. The police refused to allow Ms. Fu's family to see her. When Ms. Fu's family brought in clothes for her, the officers refused to reveal where Ms. Fu and her younger brother were located.
Li Jianguang (male), officer at the 610 Office: 86-13863808576
Song Shuqin (male), deputy director of 610 Office: 86-535-8259308 (Office), 86-535-8121395 (Home), 86-535-8198885
Liu Shuju (male), head of the 610 Office: 86-535-8258610 (Office),86-535-8210838 (Home),86-13863808689 (Cell)
41. [Bozhou City, Anhui Province] Ms. Jiang Jianmei Force-fed Mint Oil While on a Hunger Strike
Ms. Jiang Jianmei, from Bozhou City was taken into custody by the police. She was restrained on an iron chair for three days. Her face was swollen and distorted due to the beatings she received. Ms. Jiang went on hunger strike in protest. The guards force-fed her mint oil. Ms. Jiang Jianmei is being held in custody at the Bozhou City Detention Center.
Yuan Lei, police officer in Bozhou City: 86-13856766018
Wu Xianbin, police officer in Bozhou City: 86-13856792566
42. [Beijing] Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Wang Fang Unlawfully Sent to Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Wang Fang is from Dongyantou Village in Mulin Town, Shunyi District, Beijing. At noon on July 18, 2007, plainclothes officers of the 610 Office, along with Xu Guilai (male), director of the village security committee under the jurisdiction of the Mulin Town Police Station, were on a stake-out and took Ms. Wang Fang into custody. Without any convincing evidence, Ms. Wang was sentenced to two years of forced labor. She has been sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. Her husband was forced to leave town and has no place to stay.
Mulin Town Police Station in Shunyi District, Beijing: 86-10-60456202
Xu Guilai, director of Dongyantou Village Domestic Security Division in Mulin Town: 86-10-60457181
43. [Guangdong Province] Ms. Li Ruizhen, a Retired Employee of Zhaoqing Hospital, Taken into Police Custody
Ms. Li Ruizhen is between 68 and 70 years old. She is retired from Zhaoqing Hospital. Ms. Li was reported to the police on January 1-2, when she tried to clarify the truth to her former colleagues. Ms. Li is being held at the Hubin Police Station in Duanzhou District, Zhaoqing City, Guangdong Province.
January 4, 2008