Additional Persecution News from China - August 19, 2007 (26 Reports)
1. [Taoyuan County, Hunan Province] Practitioner Liu Dongxian Illegally Sentenced
Ms. Liu Dongxian was illegally held at the Taoyuan County Detention Center in Changde City, Hunan Province and had been on hunger strike to protest the persecution for over 100 days. Each day the detention center guards force-fed her and injected her with unknown substances. Her life is in danger due to the continuous torture. She was secretly sentenced to 3 years of imprisonment and was sent to the Changsha Women's Prison in early August.
2. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] More Information on Practitioner Ding Zhenfang's Arrest
At around noon on August 16, 2007, quite a few uniformed and plainclothes policemen drove in several police cars to the home of Ding Zhenfang's mother. They broke into her home, illegally searched the entire home and arrested Ding Zhenfang. Her current whereabouts are unknown.
3. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Several Practitioners Illegally Arrested
On July 31, Mr. Gao Mingxing from Anshan City was illegally arrested on his way to Shalizai Township, Dandong City. On the morning of August 1, 2007, the police illegally arrested Mr. Chen Shang, his wife, and Mr. Ma Jiangyuan.
Xu Ming, head of the Shalizai Township Police Station in Dandong City: 86-415-8871013
Liangzihe Village, Shalizai Township, Fengcheng City: 86-415-8871127
Zhao Guoan, CCP Committee secretary: 86-415-8874072, 86-13941583674
4. [Huanan County, Heilongjiang Province] Several Practitioners Illegally Arrested
On August 17, 2007, all police stations in Huanan County, together with the National Security Brigades, sent officers to several practitioners' homes to illegally search their homes. They also arrested five practitioners. They are: Ms. Wei Chunrong, Ms. Li Chunhua, Ms. Zhang Guangfu, Ms. Meng Huifen, and Ms. Sun Xiqin. The police officers confiscated several Dafa books, a tape recorder, and some electronic books from Wei Chunrong's home.
5. [Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Gao Yuling Arrested
On the morning of August 17, 2007, Ms. Gao Yuling went to the Guangming Police Station to request that they return the cooking utensils they had taken from her. The officers on duty arrested her and she is now being held at the Wujiawa Detention Center.
Chaoyang City, Guangming Police Branch: 86-421-2625577
Cai Haishen, deputy police chief: 86-421-2927076
6. [Linyuan City, Liaoning Province] Information on Over 30 Illegally Detained Practitioners
On August 1, 2007, after more than 30 practitioners were arrested, the police department officials tried to extort money from them by demanding 1,000 yuan from each practitioner's family, and refused to let the practitioners go home.
7. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Practitioners Wang Jianmin and Zhu Yali Illegally Arrested
On August 15, 2007, police from the Chaoyang District Police Station in Changchun City forced their way into Mr. Wang Jianmin's home. They searched the home, arrested Mr. Wang and his wife, along with Ms. Zhu Yali, who is also a practitioner. Mr. Wang is currently held at the Second Detention Center, and Ms. Zhu is held at the Third Detention Center in Changchun City.
8. [Dongning County, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Huo Shuxiang Illegally Taken Into Custody
Ms. Huo Shuxiang is from Dongning County. On June 27, 2007, while she was collecting a water fee at a tenant's place, Lin Xiaowei, head of the National Security Brigade of Dongning County, arrested her. Her home was then searched and the police extorted 1,000 yuan from her family.
9. [Taian City, Shandong Province] Several Practitioners Illegally Arrested
In August 2007, Ms. Zou Yanwen was arrested and held at the Taian City Detention Center for some time. Currently, her whereabouts are unknown. Several other practitioners, including Ms. Zhang Liping, Ms. Zhou Min, Ms. Liu Qing, and Ms. Wang, were also arrested and held at the Taian City Detention Center.
10. [Linqu County, Shandong Province] Practitioner Zhao Zongqin Illegally Arrested
Ms. Zhao Zongqin from Wujing Township, Linqu County is in her fifties. On July 13, 2007, police officers from the Linqu County Police Department arrested her. She is currently held at the Wangcun Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zibo City.
11. [Tancheng County, Shandong Province] Practitioner Zhang Legao Illegally Taken Into Custody
Mr. Zhang Legao is from Meilingqi Village, Tancheng County, Shandong Province. At about 9:00 a.m. on August 13, 2007, local police and members of the county 610 Office arrested him in his home. He is currently held at the county detention center.
County 610 Office: 86-539-6153360
Liu Yuhong, head of the county 610 Office: 86-13905395175
Tanchng County Police Department: 86-539-6221380
12. [Gaomi City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Qu Shufeng Illegally Arrested
On the morning of August 5, 2007, Ms. Qu Shufeng from Gaomi City was arrested by plainclothes police officers while she was clarifying the facts to people in Sifang District, Qingdao City. Her current whereabouts are unknown.
13. [Wei County, Hebei Province] Practitioners Guo Fenge and Xing Jinzhen Illegally Arrested
In August 2007, members of the Wei County 610 Office and police from the county police department conducted multiple illegal searches of practitioners' homes. Ms. Guo Fenge and Ms. Xing Jinzhen were arrested.
Wei County Police Department: 86-310-3512332
Police Chief Wang Linran: 86-310-3512332
14. [Datong City, Shanxi Province] Practitioner Yang Guiqin Illegally Taken Into Custody
Ms. Yang Guiqin is from Datong City, Shanxi Province. On the morning of August 16, 2007, she was arrested in her home by Jia Shibiao, head of the county National Security Brigade, and the deputy police chief, Li Wende.
15. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Information about the Persecution of Practitioner Liu Zhenni
On June 9, 2007, police officers from the Zhengzhou City Police Department, Huiji Branch, and Xincheng Police Station arrested Ms. Liu Zhenni. They sentenced her to one year of forced labor. She is currently being held at the Shibalihe Women's Forced Labor Camp.
Li Guanling, chief of Xincheng Police Station: 86-371-63784265, 86-371-67430617, 86-13598882596
16. [Xingyang City, Henan Province] Practitioners Wei Chengde and Mu Jun Illegally Arrested
Mr. Wei Chengde is from Xingyang City. At around 6:30 p.m. on August 14, 2007, while he was working at a factory, four policemen from the National Security Brigade in Xingyang City, including police officer Wang Lijian, arrested him. His home was later illegally searched. On the afternoon of August 16, five policemen from the National Security Brigade in Xingyang City went to Mr. Mu Jun's home, searched his home and arrested him.
17. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] More than 20 Practitioners Illegally Taken Into Custody
At around 11:00 a.m. on August 16, more than 20 practitioners were arrested and detained by officers from the police department in Zhengzhou City.
18. [Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province] Practitioner Jin Meihua Illegally Arrested
On June 5, 2007, Ms. Jin Meihua was arrested and is currently held at the Laodongyue Detention Center.
19. [Yuci City, Shanxi Province] Practitioner Gao Qingshe Illegally Arrested
Practitioner Mr. Gao Qingshe is from Yuci City, Shanxi Province. In the early morning of August 17, 2007, he was illegally arrested by police and is now being held at the Jinzhong City Detention Center. That day, police officers also took away his cell phone, some truth-clarification materials, and the Internet connection device for his computer.
20. [Puyang City, Henan Province] Practitioner Zhang Cunliang Illegally Arrested
Mr. Zhang Cunliang, from Fan County, Puyang City, is in his forties. On July 29, 2007, the police broke into his home, arrested him and confiscated his computer, printer, and a camera. He is currently held at the Puyang City Detention Center.
21. [Yanshi City, Henan Province] Practitioners Jiao Shaopeng and Qu Chunxia Illegally Taken Into Custody
On the evening of August 15, 2007, Mr. Jiao Shaopeng and Ms. Qu Chunxia from Yanshi City were arrested while they were clarifying the facts. They are currently being held at the Yanshi City Criminal Detention Center. The next day, the police also illegally searched their homes.
22. [Fuyang City, Zhejiang Province] Practitioner Feng Haifu Illegally Arrested
Mr. Feng Haifu is 70 years old and from Fuyang City, Zhejiang Province. In early August 2007, while he was clarifying the facts to people on a bus in Fuyang City, he was reported to the police. Later, officers from the Chengdong Police Station in Fuyang City brutally beat him in front of everyone. Mr. Feng Haifu is still being detained.
23. [Zhijiang County, Henan Province] Practitioners Lei Jianli and Liu Jinyu Illegally Arrested
Ms. Lei Jianli, 31, is a teacher at the Zhijiang County Kindergarten. On August 5, 2007, she was arrested in her apartment in Chengdong Market, Huihua City. Ms. Liu Jinyu is about 50 years old. On July 10, 2007, while she was clarifying the facts to people at a railway station in Zhijiang County, she was arrested and is currently held at the Zhijiang County Detention Center.
Yang Jun, police chief of the Zhijiang Police Department: 86-13874509999
24. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Practitioner Lan Shaomei Illegally Arrested
Ms. Lao Shaomei and her younger brother, Mr. Lan Mingkai, also a practitioner, are from Fanyu Distrct, Guangzhou City. On June 28, they were arrested by the police in Shunde City. They were sentenced to 18 months of forced labor and sent to the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp on July 30.
25. [Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Fan Shude Being Maltreated
Ms. Fan Shude is from Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province. On the afternoon of August 1, 2007, she went to the Daowai Xinyijie Police Station and requested the release of Ms. Liu Ping, who was illegally arrested on July 7, 2007. At that time, she had been married for only eight days. Ms. Fan Shude was brutally beaten and handcuffed to a chair. Later, she was sent to the Yaziquan Detention Center.
26. [Qing County, Hebei Province] Practitioner Fu Jinhua Illegally Taken Into Custody
Ms. Fu Jinhua is from Longhua Township, Jing County, Hebei Province. On August 14, 2007, while she was telling people about the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in Dezhou, she was arrested by police from the Decheng District Police Branch in Dezhou City, and is currently being held at the Dezhou City Detention Center.