(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Liu Sheng was a Falun Gong practitioner from Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province. She was tortured to death in September 2007. She was skin and bones when she died, weighing a mere 66 lbs. She died after Ms. Jiang Bai was tortured to death on July 7, 2007 in police custody.

Ms. Liu Sheng was very healthy before she was tortured

Ms. Liu Sheng became critically ill because of torture

Ms. Liu Sheng was a retired employee of the water supply company, which is part of the No.5 Daqing Oil Plant Management Bureau. Because she did not renounce Falun Gong, the police repeatedly arrested and imprisoned her, and her marriage suffered.

In June 2006, Ms. Liu was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong to people in Kaihuanghutun when someone reported her to the police. Policeman Li Wenzhong and his colleagues tried to arrest her, but Ms. Liu escaped successfully. A month later, a policeman named Dong and seven other officers from Honggang Police Branch broke into her home through the window and arrested her. She was sentenced to 18 months of forced labor. Within only 30 days, Ms. Liu coughed up blood and was unable to eat because of the cruel torture. After 30 days at the camp, Ms. Liu was released. She went into hiding to avoid further persecution.

Although Ms. Liu had left home, police goaded her husband's family into harassing her family. Her family members were even suspended from work and were living under tremendous pressure. Her husband divorced her. Another harmonious family was torn apart.

On July 5, 2007, Ms. Liu visited a fellow practitioner's home. The police had staked out the practitioner's home to catch her. She was arrested. The police stole her printer, paper, MP3 player, electronic books and about 500 yuan. The police took her to a police station in the Xingnan, Honggang District. Lin Shui, Li Jinrui, Wei Tao,and other police officers punched and kicked her repeatedly until she spit up blood and passed out. When she came to, the police resumed the beating. Her entire body was swollen and severely bruised. Her family asked to see her that evening, but the police refused. They were afraid her family would see the marks from where they had tortured her.

The next day, the police took her to the Harbin Drug Rehabilitation Center, which had been turned into a makeshift detention facility for practitioners. On the way there, Ms. Liu attempted to clarify the truth about Falun Gong to the police. Li Jinrui hit her face as soon as she opened her mouth. Ms. Liu lost hearing in her left ear.

A prison guard named Wei Tao refused to let Ms. Liu use the bathroom. She suffered severe pain in her lower abdomen. The center refused to keep her there because of her health condition. Three days later the police notified her family to pick her up but demanded 20,000 yuan ransom. The police finally agreed to release her when they saw that her family could not come up with the money. Ms. Liu's family could barely recognize her.

Because Ms. Liu was hiding from the police for a long time and because she was subjected to severe torture and abuse when she was arrested and imprisoned, she became critically ill. After she was released, she was unable to eat and threw up constantly. She was skins and bones. Her weight was 66 lbs. She used to weigh 121 lbs. She passed away at the age of 53 on September 11, 2007.