(Clearwisdom.net) On July 20, 2007, police officers from the Security Division of the Lianshan District Police Department in Huludao City, Liaoning Province arrested Falun Dafa practitioners Mr. Yue Peng, his father Mr. Yue Yunlin, Mr. Zhang Zhan'an, Ms. Li Xiuzhen, and her son Mr. Zhang Xin. The police officers involved were Division Director Zhang Jun (male), Division Deputy Director Liu Shijun (male), Officer Liu Xingcheng (male), Officer Zhao Lianshuang (male), and others. Ms. Li Xiuzheng and her son Mr. Zhang Xin were released the same night that they were arrested. Mr. Zhang Zhan'an, Mr. Yue Peng and Mr. Yue Yunlin were held in a detention center. Mr. Yue Yunlin was released 20 days later, covered with wounds.

On July 20, 2007, police entered Mr. Zhang Zhan'an's backyard before waking him up. Then the police searched his home and arrested him. The police did not show Mr. Zhang a search warrant or an arrest warrant, not even a police badge, or identification of any kind. The Criminal Procedure Law Article 111 requires police to show the subject a search warrant when a search is conducted. The police broke the law, failed to follow the police procedures, and violated the Chinese Constitution. Article 22, Item 5 of the Police Law states that a police officer is prohibited from "unlawfully depriving, restricting other people's personal freedom, unlawfully searching other people's body, their goods, their residences or institutions." Article 37 of the Chinese Constitution declares that "personal freedom in the People's Republic of China is inviolable...Unlawful deprivation or restriction of a citizen's freedom by detention or other means is prohibited; and unlawful search of the citizen is prohibited." Article 39 of the Chinese Constitution declares that "the home of a citizen of the People's Republic of China is inviolable. Unlawful search of, or intrusion into, a citizen's home is prohibited."

After his unlawful detention, Mr. Zhang became sick. He vomited continuously and could no longer hold down food. His body became emaciated. Even though Mr. Zhang was diagnosed with a Mobitz I heart block, Liu Shijun refused to release him. Mr. Zhang was taken to and detained in the Lingyuan City Police Hospital on August 1. There he was diagnosed with arteriosclerosis, a serious gastric ulcer, stroke, and a spinal disc dislocation in the lower back. His family appealed for his release several times but were denied each time by Liu Shijun.

Mr. Zhang's father is eighty-seven years old. He was outraged and heart broken by the news of his son's unlawful arrest. He was often seen in tears, and was ill-at-ease while dining and sleeping. He finally broke down under the tremendous shock of it all. He was taken to hospital and listed in critical condition. Repeatedly, Mr. Zhang's family have asked Liu Shijun to let Mr. Zhang say goodbye to his dying father. But Liu has rejected the request again and again.

In the process of Mr. Zhang Zhan'an maintaining his righteous faith, refusing to cooperate with the evil, and continuously clarifying the truth to guards, he has won the admiration of many guards. We appeal to all upright people in the world and governments to help stop the persecution of Falun Dafa.

Zhang Jun, Security Division director: 86-429-2160620 (Home), 86-13909899153 (Cell)
Liu Shijun, Security Division deputy director: 86-429-2130456 (Home), 86-13998965500 (Cell), 86-429-2160442 (Office)
Liu Xingcheng, Security Division officer: 86-429-2124644 (Home), 86-13050978864 (Cell)

September 10, 2007