(Clearwisdom.net) In the middle of the night on January 23, 2006, the police started arresting the local Falun Dafa practitioners in our little mountain town. Hundreds of policemen and dozens of police cars were involved in this operation. A couple dozen officers broke into my home. Faced with this sudden situation, I was scared at first, but then I calmed down. I thought, "I have Teacher and the Fa with me. Who should I fear?"

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is trying to spread fear through such tactics because it is afraid of Falun Gong practitioners, but the police seemed to be losing control. They didn't allow me to ask any questions and started searching my home like mad. They didn't just confiscate all of the materials I use to clarify the facts about the persecution of Falun Gong, my Falun Gong books, and Teacher's portraits, they also confiscated my personal belongings. They totally messed up my home. I felt so hurt at losing so much truth clarification material. It took several days and nights to print them, and I had planned to distribute them during the Chinese New Year.

While sending forth righteous thoughts, I was thinking, "The evil is trying to damage our local truth clarification material production sites. I have to follow Teacher's teaching and do things well." One sentence Teacher said came to mind:

"When a tribulation arrives, if you, as a disciple, can truly maintain an unshakable calm, or set your mind to meeting different requirements at different levels, this should be sufficient for you to pass the test." ("Expounding on the Fa")

I felt strong righteous thoughts arise. I was determined to not let Teacher down or leave a bad record on my cultivation path. I would not allow damage to come to any of my fellow practitioners or to the most noble title--a Dafa practitioner in the Fa-Rectification period.

Facing the intense inquisition, I was not moved and didn't say one word from beginning to end. I only had Teacher's words in my mind during the whole episode. The policemen had to stop interrogating me at midnight. No one said any bad words to me or tortured me.

I deeply understand that whenever practitioners follow the Fa under any circumstance, Teacher will protect us.

On the afternoon of the next day, the police sent me to the detention center. When I was asked to sign the document for the transfer, I refused. In the evening, other arrested practitioners were all taken to the detention center. I was detained in a cell with Practitioner B, whom I know well.

Practitioner B told me his thoughts about the reason we were arrested. He said that all the indications showed that another practitioner had sold us out to the police when he was arrested on his way to Beijing to work. I agreed with his assessment, but I thought that the gaps we had in our own county among practitioners was the real reason for this incident.

We recited Lunyu, Essentials for Further Advancement, and Hong Yin every day. We practiced the exercises and sent forth righteous thoughts together. We clarified the facts about the persecution of Falun Gong to the other detainees in the same cell, and told them about the beauty of Falun Dafa. Among the detainees, one was a rich businessman from Macao. He told us he would practice Falun Gong after he was released. I was told that he was released later without any charges.

On the fourth day after the Chinese New Year, I suddenly felt very uncomfortable and dizzy and had an irregular heartbeat. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and a racing heart. When the doctor asked me to take medicine, I told him, "As a Falun Dafa practitioner, I don't have any disease." Both myself and Practitioner B realized that Teacher would get me out of there.

A few days later, the doctor sent me to the county hospital to get a more thorough check up. On the way back to the detention center, I took the opportunity to clarify the truth to the doctor and the driver. I told them that the root of illness is karma and about eliminating illness karma. They asked me questions from time to time without any bad intentions.

The exam results showed that my blood pressure was 220/110 and my heart rate was 150 beats per minute. The doctor told me that I needed medical treatment immediately. He said, "You just need to write a statement of regret, and I will help you get released as soon as possible." I replied, "Falun Dafa teaches me to be a good person. What should I regret?" Then I added, "I will not write any such statement to sell my conscience for freedom. Besides, jails and detention centers are not places for Falun Gong practitioners."

The police released me on the afternoon of February 10, 2006.