(Clearwisdom.net) For five hours, from 11:00 p.m. on June 22, 2007 to 4:00 a.m. the next day, Macheng City 610 Office agents and those from the National Security Team gathered about 100 officers from the local township police stations. They conducted a search and arrested more than twenty Falun Gong practitioners. Mr. Bai Zijian was one of them. Ms. Zhang Shuiying, Mr. Bai's wife, was assaulted by police wielding electric batons. They knocked her unconscious three times.

Ms. Zhang's bruises after severe police beatings

At midnight on June 22, 2007, a police officer accompanied by five men in their 40s and 50s, equipped with metal bars and electric batons, knocked on Mr. Bai's door and then tried to break in. Mr. Bai's family told them that this was a residential home and it was against the law to break in without permission. The thugs broke into the house anyway, and three men took Mr. Bai away.

Ms. Zhang Shuiying asked why they arrested her husband but got no reply. Instead, they beat her over the head with electric batons. Police also handcuffed her behind her back and assaulted her again with several batons. Ms. Zhang did not even have a chance to put on her pants.

The neighbors were awakened by Ms. Zhang's cries for help. They rebuked the six men for assaulting a woman. Some neighbors accused the police of disturbing the peace, and others demanded the police to let her go because of her young child.

The police tried in vain three times to tie her up. They got extremely angry and beat her until she lost consciousness. When Ms. Zhang came to, she had been pushed into the street. She continued to shout, "Please, return my husband!" After that, she was knocked unconscious again by another electric shock.

By then it was 1:00 a.m. and raining. The police officer in charge was hiding inside a vehicle. Ms. Zhang continued calling out for help when she regained consciousness. Many of her neighbors got angry and condemned the eight men for beating a defenseless woman. Ms. Zhang refused to go with them. Later they beat Ms. Zhang again until she lost consciousness for the third time. The police finally left without her.

When the neighbors helped Ms. Zhang out of the rain, she was covered with bruises.

This police raid led to the arrest of about twenty Falun Gong practitioners. Sixteen of them were forced to attend brainwashing sessions held at Tangsunhu. They have now been returned to Macheng City and are being held at the city's first and second detention centers. The City "610 Office" officials are using the practitioners as hostages and demanding money from their families. They are threatening to sentence those detained Falun Gong practitioners.

Macheng City officials who were involved in this round of persecution:

Luo Zisheng, City "610 Office" Head, 86-713-2951252 (Home), 86-713-8563952 (office)
Huang Zhaokui, City Police Department Deputy Head, responsible for the persecution of Falun Gong, 86-713-2992858 (Home), 86-13100746528 (Cell)
Li Jiede, City National Security chief, 86-13872031199 (Cell)
Zhang Yihong, City Discipline Committee Secretary, 86-713-2919204, 86-713-3829966, 13986569779(Cell)
Li Xueliang, City Police Department Head, 86-713-2993410, 86-13508651198 (Cell)
The City First Detention Center, 86-713-2953217
The City Second Detention Center, 86-713-2955173