(Clearwisdom.net) On August 4, 2007, Falun Gong practitioners from Calgary assembled in front of the Chinese Consulate, to condemn the attack on practitioner Zhang Chunyu. Practitioners said that they will not give in to the violence and will keep clarifying the facts about Falun Gong and exposing the persecution. The Chinese Communist Party's violent behavior will only expose their evil nature to the public and cause more people to support Falun Gong.

Falun Gong practitioners protest in front of the Chinese Consulate in Calgary

Practitioner Ms. Lisa Li said that the harassment of Falun Gong practitioners in Canada has never stopped during the past eight years. It has taken the form of harassing phone calls, email attacks, breaking into practitioners' websites, tapping phones, spying and exerting pressure on the Chinese communities.

Ms. Lisa Li said, "I have received many harassing phone calls in the last two years. The most recent one occurred five days ago. Sometimes, it even happens at 2 or 3 a.m. The content of the phone calls varies."

Jane, the president of the Falun Dafa Club at the University of Calgary, told about another form of harassment used by the CCP. She said the Falun Dafa Club started playing movies for the Chinese students one and a half years ago. "But three months later, a guy, who claimed to be a Chinese National Security Bureau official, sent an email to all the Chinese students, in which he threatened students not to go to the movie. Otherwise, their names and photos would be reported to the Chinese government."

Jane said, "Our movie showings have not been affected, but the CCP's harassment was recorded by the police department."

Canadians Refuse Violence

The Falun Gong practitioners' protest was supported by many Canadians. Drivers honked and waved as they drove by. Chris Rajala, a citizen passing by, was shocked by news of the attack. He said that Canada is a free country and Canadians don't allow such violent attacks to happen there.

The Attack in Vancouver

At 5:30 a.m. on August 2, 2007, three Asian men intimidated and violently assaulted a Falun Gong practitioner in front of the Chinese Consulate in Vancouver. The thugs tore up the persecution-protest display boards, and kicked several large holes in the blue wooden hut that has sheltered practitioners who maintain the ongoing five-year vigil there. One of the men held a handgun and confronted practitioner Mr. Zhang Chunyu, who was meditating. The man held his gun to Mr. Zhang's temple and shouted, "Go away, you should not be here." He then punched Mr. Zhang in the eyes and head, causing Mr. Zhang to sustain a fractured bone under his left eye and bleeding in his left eye.

So far, the non-stop, peaceful protest in front of the Chinese Consulate in Vancouver has lasted for over five years.

Zhou Weiyi, a spokesman for the police in Vancouver, said that the police are currently investigating this attack.