(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Ma Yufeng was from Xiaojiajia Village of Zhangxing Township, Zhaoyuan City, Shandong Province. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. She cultivated according to the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance, and was considered to be a good person by all who knew her. In 1999, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started persecuting Falun Gong. When Ms. Ma refused to give up her cultivation, she was arrested, detained, and persecuted by the officials from the local government and police station.

On September 27, 1999, during a busy time for farmers, five female practitioners were arrested by police officers from the police station in Zhangxing Township. Ms. Zhao Jinhua and Ms. Ma Yufeng were among those arrested. They were locked in one room and forced to read books that slandered Falun Gong, while in a squatting position. Whenever they refused to read, they were kicked and punched. This abuse lasted for an entire afternoon. On September 29, one of them was sent to a detention center in Zhaoyuan City, while the rest were not allowed to close their eyes at night, or they were physically abused. At about 8:00 p.m. on October 1, four of them were sitting to meditate. Deputy director Sun Xi led a group of people who grabbed their hair, kicked, punched, and beat them with a rubber baton. After Ms. Zhao Jinhua was beaten with the rubber baton, she was taken to another room and beaten with an electric baton. The officers asked Ms. Zhao whether she would continue to practice. After she said "Yes," they beat her violently until she passed out three times and her entire buttocks turned black. The officers forced the four practitioners to stand barefooted on the cement floor. Ms. Zhao Jinhua stood against the wall, but she fell down with her face turning yellow and her eyes closed. Ms. Zhao died on October 7.

After Ms. Zhao Jinhua died, the officers were afraid that this information would leak, and continued to torture Ms. Ma Yufeng and two other practitioners. At night, the practitioners took turns sleeping on a bed, which was an improvement on the previous ten days when no one was allowed to sleep. They were detained for 45 days. Government official Jia Hongju forced the practitioners to write a statement indicating that they had not been kicked, punched, or shocked with electric batons. In addition, they were forced to falsely state that Ms. Zhao died from heart problems. They were subsequently released on November 12.

In 2001, Ms. Ma Yufeng was arrested again and sent to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo City. Under the intense pressure, coercion, and deception, she was forced to "transform." As a result, she suffered a lot both physically and spiritually. She did not fully recover in the following years. Meanwhile, she started practicing Falun Dafa again, but the evildoers arrested her and sent her to a prison where she was again tortured.

From the beginning of 2007, Ms. Ma Yufeng's physical condition worsened. On around July 28, police officers tried to break into her house again to arrest her. However, when they saw her weak condition, they left her alone. Ms. Ma Yufeng passed away on August 3.