(Clearwisdom.net) At around 1 p.m. on June 28, 2007, on a bus from Lezhi County to Neijiang in Sichuan Province, a group of officers from the National Security Section and police department in Lezhi County, Sichuan Province took practitioners Zhang and Ms. Xia Jiazhuo into custody without showing any identification, and sent them to the police department in Lezhi. Later, they illegally arrested practitioners Ms. Lu Yanfei and Zhao. On the same night, three practitioners who did not give out their names were detained in Lezhi Detention Center. Another male practitioner went missing.

Also that night, guards ordered criminal inmates to beat two female practitioners. Practitioner Ms. Lu Yanfei was beaten so violently that her head hit the ground and she lost consciousness. The guards sent her to Suining Mental Hospital in Sichuan Province for further torture. They also took more than 2,000 yuan in cash from her.

On June 29, practitioner Ms. Xia Jiazhuo was sent to Anyue Detention Center. On the way, Ms. Xia clarified the truth to passers-by, and shouted all the way, "Remember Falun Dafa is good, Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance is good." After arriving at the detention center, a male guard with the surname Wu beat Ms. Xia violently. Her lips were swollen, her face was bruised and she spit up blood. The other guards just watched the whole process without doing anything. Ms. Xia went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. She was tied up on a death bed and injected with an unknown drug. After the injection, a young man surnamed Peng tried to talk with her to get her name and address while she was in a foggy state. In the afternoon, a chief director whose surname is Wen talked with her again. Ms. Xia was clearheaded and the tactics were not successful. At night, Ms. Xia's feet became numb and her urine turned red. She told the guards that they did not have the right to persecute practitioners, then continued to do the Falun Dafa exercises and send forth righteous thoughts. In the detention center, whenever possible, she told people loudly that Falun Dafa is good and sang Dafa songs. A female guard gagged her mouth with dirty towels.

On July 10, policeman Deng Guang, who was from the Yongchuan First Police Branch and who had persecuted practitioners for a long time, spoke arrogantly in front of the Anyue Detention Center, saying that it was fine to torture Falun Gong practitioners to death. The officials wanted to send Ms. Xia Jiazhuo to Yongchuan for further persecution; however, with her righteous thoughts and actions, as well as with the righteous thoughts of all practitioners, and help from her family members, she left Anyue Detention Center on July 11, 2007.