(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioner Mr. Lou Xiangjiang is from Xiangtan City, Hunan Province. On June 26, 2007, his wife Liu Fangpin went to the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp to bring her husband home. Mr. Lou was sentenced to two years in prison and has finished that sentence, but the forced labor camp refused to release him because he refused to sign a "guarantee statement." He is still behind bars today.

Both Husband and Wife Persecuted in the Summer of 2005

On June 26, 2005, Ms. Liu Fangpin was working at Wankeyuan Supermarket of Shitan in Xiangtan County. Seven or eight police officers, led by director Chen of the Shitan Police Station, arrested her and sent her to the Shitan Police Station. Ms. Liu left her fourteen-year-old son at home. The same morning, Mr. Lou Xiangjiang also was arrested while having lunch at his in-law's home.

In the afternoon, over a dozen police officers dragged Ms. Liu to her home. They grabbed her by the ears and arms. They told her to open the door, but she did not have the key. The police then broke down the door and ransacked the home. They took the couple's computer, Dafa books, Dafa materials, a recorder, and other items. Eyewitnesses include the employees at Xiangtan Concrete Company and Wankeyun Supermarket. Both husband and wife were detained at Qilipu Forced Labor Camp. They resisted the persecution by refusing to sign papers, refusing to answer the roll calls, refusing to have a prison haircut (Ms. Liu's hair was ultimately cut against her will), refusing to put on a prison uniform, and refusing to perform the forced labor factory work of making silk flowers.

On July 23, 2005, Ms. Liu was released. She had lost a lot of weight due to persecution. Her husband Mr. Lou Xiangjiang was sentenced to two years at Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp. The guards at the labor camp called Mr. Lou's home and claimed that Mr. Lou was stubborn and would be "transformed". That is when the family learned that Mr. Lou had been sent to a forced labor camp.

Both Husband and Wife Illegally Detained Several Times

Mr. Lou Xiangjiang is 45 years old. He started practicing Falun Dafa in 1998. Before then, he was well-known for being ill all the time. He became healthy, without any illnesses, after he started practicing Falun Dafa. The whole family practices Falun Dafa. Since July 1999, they have been illegally detained, beaten, fined, and sent to forced labor camps. A happy family was broken apart and bankrupted.

On March 11, 2000, Mr. Lou and his wife went to Beijing to tell people that Falun Dafa is good. They were arrested on the way and brought back by police from the Shitan Police Station. They were detained for 15 days and fined 12,000 yuan.

In October 2000, Mr. Lou was arrested when distributing truth-clarifying flyers. The director of the Shitan Police Station Wu Weibin tried to extort a confession by torturing him. Mr. Lou's home was also searched. The police took a computer, a typewriter, and some other electronics, worth over 10,000 yuan.

On November 4, 2000, Mr. Lou was taking care of his 82-year-old father who was paralyzed by stroke. The police arrested him and took him to the Shitan Police Station. Wu Weibin again tried to extort a confession from him using torture methods. The officers stole Mr. Lou's key and searched his home in secret. They took a children's computer and three recorders that belonged to some customers. Mr. Lou was sent to a forced labor camp for one year.

In addition to persecuting Mr. Lou, the police also threatened his family. Ms. Liu Fangpin's parents went to the government agencies with her son. They told them, "We are old people. You arrested the boy's parents, making him an orphan. There is no one to care for him. What are you going to do about that?" After much effort, the police finally returned the 1,100 yuan they had stolen when they had illegally searched the home. In fact, the police had taken many things from Mr. Lou's two-bedroom apartment, including a computer, a cell phone, scissors, and candles.

Family Member Being Persecuted

Mr. Lou's older brother Lou Yingpin went to the Shitan Police Station with his father, trying to find out the reason for his arrest. Policeman Liu Yongdong told them, "What is there to clarify? Don't you know what this place is?" They sent Mr. Lou's father home. Then director Wu Weibin grabbed Lou Yingpin's collar and pushed him into a room in the back of the building. Wu pushed Lou Yingpin around and searched him. He took away his belt and keys. Lou's clothes were torn. Later, Wu had Lou Xiangjiang's wife Liu Fangpin arrested. The police interrogated them. Lou Yingpin said that he was not a criminal and did not break any laws, asking what there was to confess. Wu Weibin slapped Lou Yingpin in the face so hard that Lou almost passed out.

Shitan Police Station: 86-732-7840384 or 7840398

Director: Wu Weibin