Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Shuqin was frequently persecuted by the CCP during the past eight years. She was detained once at the Laishui County Public Security Bureau and twice at the Laishui County Detention Center. She nearly lost her life while in detention at the Dongwenshan Township Police Station.

Wang Shuqin joyfully started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. She went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. At that time Beijing was full of plainclothes and uniformed police who went all out to arrest Falun Gong practitioners. They brutally tortured practitioners who went to Beijing. So many practitioners were detained that they ran out of space in the police stations in Beijing. Bus loads of practitioners were sent to the suburbs.

One evening around 11:00 p.m. in August 1999, Wang Shuqin and two other female practitioners were taken back to Laishui Public Security Bureau from Beijing by police deputies. Officer Liu Yaohua forced the three of them to kneel on the floor, and she beat them savagely with a wooden stick. After the beating, Wang Shuqin was jailed at the Laishui County Detention Center. During the detention, deputy Li Zenglin of the political-security department of the Bureau led a group of his men to lock down all prisoners. But they took each Falun Gong practitioner out of their cells handcuffed, forced them to kneel on the ground, and then beat them.

In April 2000, Wang Shuqin was taken to the detention center because she openly practiced Falun Gong at the Laishui Plaza. The deputies at the Bureau tied her down on the ground. Then a deputy chief of the Bureau and a doctor at the coroner's office slapped her face. They forced her family to bail her out with 2,000 yuan.

On December 20, 2000, Wang Shuqin was taken back to the Laishui County Detention Center by Liu Yaohua of the Bureau and coworkers from Wang Shuqin's workplace. On December 27, Wang was forced to march through the streets with a banner hanging from her neck (with slandering words that she was a Falun Gong practitioner). She was put into the detention center afterwards. During the three months of detention, prison guard Zhang Pengda prohibited Falun Gong practitioners from purchasing items such as toilet tissue and sundry items. This forced practitioners to tear apart some clothing and use it as washable toilet tissue. Facing the desperate situation created by the CCP, practitioners protested the persecution by Laishui County CCP officials by going on a hunger strike. Afterwards, Wang Shuqin and other practitioners were transferred to the CCP Indoctrination School for further persecution. Even in her extremely weakened physical condition, she was still often dragged outside the jail cell by the deputies from the Procuratorate office. She was finally released after her weight dropped to 70 jin (about 70 pounds).

Around noon on May 13, 2003, police deputy Dai Chunjie led policemen from the Dongwenshan Township Police Station along with Instructor Li Mingdong, to force Wang Shuqin's husband to open the door to their home. They abducted Wang Shuqin to the Dongwenshan Township Police Station. They then went back to ransack her home. They took away a 21-inch color TV, two video tape players, one VCD player, and one radio. They also seized the photo of the founder of Falun Gong and all the exercise video tapes.

That very evening, Liu Yaohua, Dai Chunjie, Yan Changqing, Li Dongming and several other policemen savagely beat Wang Shuqin. They kicked her face and head with their leather boots. Officers Zhang Zhen and Zhang Peng kicked and stepped on Wang Shuqin's body with their boots. After midnight, police station Chief Yan Changqing, accompanied by officers Zhang Zhen, and Zhang Peng, flogged Wang Shuqin with leather belts. After they got tired, they took off Wang's shoes and socks. With officers Zhang Peng and Zhang Zhen pressing down on Wang Shuqin's legs, Yan Changqing used a bamboo stick to whip Wang's feet. He also used steel wire and hooked the soles of her feet. The next day Wang's feet were so swollen that she could not put on shoes.

On May 14, Dongwenshan Police Station Instructor Li Mingdong and his cohorts got drunk after a meal. Li Mingdong used an ash tray to hit Wang's feet. He also slapped her face. Li Mingdong and another policeman wrapped Wang with a blanket, then tied her with ropes, and forced an IV into her. They did not allow her to go to bathroom. Li Mingdong said, "Just let her urinate in the blanket."

On the morning of May 19, Liu Yaohua, Dai Chunjie, and the Bureau Chief all came to the Dongwenshan Police Station. At that time Wang Shuqin was extremely weak because of the torture and she could hardly speak when the Bureau Chief interrogated her. The Chief ordered his men to pour salt into her mouth. Two of his men pulled Wang's hair in the back and started pouring salt into her mouth. Later, the police station chief ordered his men to drag Wang downstairs, which scraped the skin on her back. They also used chopsticks to pry open her mouth.

Ms. Wang's husband went to visit her many times at the Dongwenshan police station when she was being tortured, yet each time police chief Yan Changqing stopped him outside the station, prohibiting him from visiting her.

On May 25, Wang was tortured nearly to death and could not speak anymore. The police chief got a doctor to administer an IV. Even the doctor dared not insert the IV due to Wang's extremely critical condition. The doctor pointed out that Wang's heart was weak and her life was in danger. Only then did they allow Ms. Wang's husband to come and take his nearly dead wife home.

On July 15, before Ms. Wang had a chance to eat breakfast while under the care of her mother-in-law, Dai Chunjie and a group of officers came to her home and abducted her. They threw her into a car, and sent her to the Baoding City Shibalihe Labor Camp. Because Wang Shuqin was tortured to near death, the labor camp refused to accept her. Dan Chunjie brought her back and locked her up at the Laishui County Detention Center. Gao, one of the prison guards, dragged her out of her cell from her bed. He then dragged her along the ground causing serious abrasions on her back and arms. Much of her hair was pulled out. In order to protest such tortures Ms. Wang went on a hunger strike again. After 19 days, she was down to a skeleton. Only then did the detention center decide to release her.

Around 7:30 pm in the evening of October 1, 2005, the Laishui County 610 Office came to Ms. Wang's home and seized her personal belongings. She was forced to leave her home.

After Ms. Wang left home, deputy Wang Fucai of the Laishui County 610 Office and Dai Chunjie of the Public Security Bureau forced her husband to put up 10,000 yuan in cash. Due to the prolonged persecution, Ms. Wang's family was depending on the support from her three brothers. Since the Chinese New Year was fast approaching, her husband could only round up 1,000 yuan.This is merely the tip of the iceberg of the ongoing persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in Laishui County.

June 13 2007