(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Xiong Wenjun is a villager in the No. 2 Group of Tiexi Village, Hanchang Town in Dayi County, Sichuan Province. He is 74 years old. He began to practice Falun Gong in 1996, and after that, all of his diseases disappeared. He has been mistreated since Jiang's regime began persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999.

After the persecution began, police officers Huang Yong, Zhang Xiongyi, and Su Gang from the Dongchang Station in Dayi County, a security guard, Ye Zhi from Hanchang Town, village CCP secretary Yang Shuiqing, and the group's leader Xiong Huijun went to Mr. Xiong Wenjun's house and harassed him many times. They ransacked his house without any legal paperwork and even confiscated Mr. Xiong's ID.

Because he did not give up practicing Falun Gong, the chief of the Dongchang Police Station Huang Yong, and officers Zhang Xiongyi and Su Gang went to his house again in 2002. His house was searched without a warrant, and he was arrested. He was taken to the Dongchang Police Station, where they tried to force him to write a guarantee to give up practicing Falun Gong. Mr. Xiong would not agree to do so, and his hands were restrained with handcuffs. Later, his family members arrived. Policemen forced his family members to write a guarantee to stop him from practicing Falun Gong and he was released.

At around 11:30 a.m. on June 16, 2003, police officers Wang Yong, Zhang Xiongyi, and Su Gang arrested Mr. Xiong at the market without an explanation. Mr. Xiong was taken to the Hanchang Police Station. A few police officers beat the over 70-year-old man and forced him to kneel. He was also tortured with his hands locked in handcuffs until 2:00 a.m. Then, he was taken to the Dongchang Police Station. Because he would not agree with them, some police officers beat him and forced him to kneel again. He had been beaten to the ground several times. Because Mr. Xiong did not cooperate with them, he was locked to the window and not allowed to sleep for three days. Police officers also went to his house and ransacked it. Dafa books, Clearwisdom articles, a tape recorder, and tapes were confiscated. On June 20, 2003, Mr. Xiong was taken to the Dayi County Detention Center, and he was sentenced to 3 years in prison. On December 31, 2003, he was taken to Wumaping Prison in Leshan City and tortured.

Recently, malicious people have called Mr. Xiong's son and daughter-in-law several times. They threatened that they would arrest Mr. Xiong again and would not allow his family members to go to the market.