(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Mao Zengshun was arrested on May 9 by police from the Changchun City 610 Office in Jilin Province and the Erdao District 610 Office. He was shouting, "Falun Dafa is good" and sending forth righteous thoughts all the way to the Yuanda Street Police Station in the Erdao District. The police brutally tortured him to force a confession. Mr. Mao never cooperated with the police. He lost consciousness several times and was unable to stand due to the cruel torture. The police deprived him of sleep, along with food and water during the 80 hours of torture.

Mr. Mao was transferred to the Sheling No. 3 Detention Center in the Shuangyang District of Changchun City, Jilin Province on May 12. On the way, Mr. Mao and other practitioners shouted, "Falun Dafa is good." Registration took a little over an hour for over forty practitioners at the detention center. Mr. Mao used the opportunity to clarify the truth to several dozen police officers and some guards who participated in the persecution of practitioners. He loudly told them how wonderful Dafa is and why the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) persecutes Falun Dafa. He spoke of how Heaven will eliminate the CCP and why people should read the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party. He attempted to persuade them to quit the CCP and its organizations in order to save themselves.

Mr. Mao continued shouting, "Falun Dafa is good" from his locked cell. Although Mr. Mao was being persecuted, he still clarified the truth to the inmates. Under his persuasion, 31 inmates withdrew from the CCP organizations. An official also quit the CCP.

Mr. Mao went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. The detention center urged the Yuanda Street Police Station to release Mr. Mao many times. Officers from the Yuanda Street Police Station in the Erdao District took him to a hospital for examination. The doctors were pressured to report Mr. Mao's condition as normal, even though they knew he had not eaten or drank for 20 days. Mr. Mao's physical condition was very bad. The police took Mr. Mao to the Fenjin Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City and attempted to sentence him to a year of forced labor. The official from the forced labor camp read Mr. Mao's physical examination form, physically examined his weak body and saw many scars on his body. When the official questioned Mr. Mao, Mr. Mao clarified the truth to the official. Mr. Mao erected his palm to send forth righteous thoughts and asked Teacher to strengthen his heart. In the end, the forced labor camp refused to accept Mr. Mao because his physical condition didn't conform to the labor camp standards.

The Yuanda Street Police Station still didn't give up its intention to persecute him. In collusion with the 610 Office, internal medical doctors from the public security system faked a physical report. Mr. Mao shouted, "Falun Dafa is good."

The police again took Mr. Mao to the Fenjin Forced Labor Camp, but the camp still refused to accept him. The Fenjin Forced Labor Camp refused, stating that Mr. Mao's physical condition was too bad and they would not take responsibility for his death. The Yuanda Police Station and 610 Office still wanted to persecute Mr. Mao, therefore he was taken to the same forced labor camp for a third time. A new official took over receiving new arrivals, but he also refused to accept Mr. Mao. This indicated that the evil forces around this forced labor camp have been totally eliminated. This intense struggle between justice and evil lasted almost 12 hours. Finally, the evil beings quit trying to persuade the forced labor camp to accept Mr. Mao. In the end, the police said, "Falun Gong practitioners can execute magic. We have used all means to send him to the camp, but none worked."

At 7:00 p.m. on June 6, the police decided to release Mr. Mao. Once more it happened just as in Teacher's poem, "The Master-Disciple Bond,"

"When disciples have ample righteous thoughts
Master has the power to turn back the tide"
("The Master-Disciple Bond" from Hong Yin Volume II)

Mr. Mao requested that the police stop the vehicle and let him out at the community gathering place. The police turned Mr. Mao over to his family member and turned to leave. Mr. Mao urged them to quit the CCP and save themselves as they quickly left.

Mr. Mao was unable to stand up and walk due to the severe torture he received. He sat and told the people all around him, "I am a Dafa practitioner. I haven't eaten any food or drank any water for over twenty days, due to being persecuted by the authorities for my firm belief in Falun Dafa. I am alive and able to return to my hometown to see my fellow villagers because of my Teacher's protection. Dafa gives me life, so in front of everyone, I want to thank my Teacher. As you all know, normal people going without food and water for over twenty days--die." He did the fifth exercise of Falun Dafa, "Strengthening Divine Powers" right there. He asked Teacher to strengthen him, so he could have the power to stand. Mr. Mao indeed stood on his own, after nearly 30 minutes of meditation. People talked about it. "A kind person is persecuted so badly. He may not live and come back home without Falun Dafa. See, as soon as he practiced Falun Gong, he was able to stand up on his own. It is miracle." Mr. Mao utilized this opportunity to clarify the truth to the public and told people the importance of quitting the CCP.

It is known that on May 28, about thirty practitioners received notices of forced labor camp sentencing from the authorities. At present, these practitioners still haven't been taken to the forced labor camp. We are asking all practitioners in Changchun City and in Jilin Province to send forth righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil and strengthen those practitioners so they can break through this persecution. We also hope they can diligently study Teacher's Fa and look inward to find any shortcomings and remove them. Then the old forces will not have a chance to take advantage.