(Clearwisdom.net) On May 12, 2006, Mr. Feng Renjun, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Chengdu City, Sichuan Province, was illegally arrested by officers from the North Renmin Road Police Station while he was informing local residents about the persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners. He was later detained at the Pi County Detention Center. However, Mr. Feng does not consider himself a criminal since he did not do anything wrong, therefore he refused to respond during roll-call. He told the guards at the detention center: "I am just being a good person, which is not breaking the law." The guards then beat him savagely. He went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. Three days later, he was put in handcuffs and shackles and taken to Qingyang Hospital, where the brutal tortures continued.

The guards and doctors at Qingyang Hospital put Mr. Feng in a patient's room. The hospital guards used metal handcuffs to cuff his hands and feet to the four corners of the bed, with his four limbs stretched out straight. Then they started violently shaking the bed, causing the handcuffs to cut into his wrists and ankles, which was extremely painful. The guards continued to torture him like this from 10:00 o'clock in the morning until 5:00 o'clock in the afternoon.

When the pain of this treatment was unbearable, Feng Renjun shouted, "Falun Dafa is good. 'Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance' is good. Heaven will soon eliminate the Chinese Communist Party (CCP)." The guards, extremely angry to the point of craziness, tried looking for dirty socks to stuff into his mouth. They could not find any, so they found a wet mop and pushed it into his mouth. He was forced to swallow dirty water from the mop.

The torture continued for two days, until he was almost on the verge of death. Even then, the guards still shackled his feet. Feng Renjun was worried that the guards would put harmful drugs into his food, so he refused to eat. The guards tried force-feeding him, but failed after many tries. The food was spread all over the bed and none went into his stomach. They became extremely angry and beat him mercilessly. Mr. Feng was covered with bruises and swelling of different sizes. His face was so swollen he could not even open his eyes.

The guards carried iron rods in their hands and beat him whenever they wanted. Due to the frequent beatings, Mr. Feng's body swelled. The guards also prevented him from speaking. They would beat him if they saw him speak. He was tortured this way at a prison hospital for 23 days.