(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioners Ms. Wang Jie and Ms. Cai Shaojie from Shenyang City, Liaoning Province were illegally arrested in Tiening City, Liaoning province in October 2002. In 2003 they were illegally sentenced to seven years of imprisonment. Both of them were suffering from ruthless persecution and abuse by guards in the Liaoning Province Women's Prison. Their lives were in danger.

Practitioner Ms. Wang Jie from Shenyang was illegally imprisoned four times

Ms. Wang Jie was a staff member of the street affairs section at the Yijing Street Administration Office. Prior to her beginning cultivation practice in 1997, she had many illnesses. She consulted many doctors at various places. Despite spending considerable sums of money, her illnesses still couldn't be cured. This led to her divorce. After practicing Falun Gong, all of her illnesses disappeared. She was diligent at work and well-respected. She remarried her husband, and her family became harmonious and happy.

In 1999, when the Communist Party started to persecute Dafa, Wang Jie resolutely went to Beijing to appeal and tell people the facts about Falun Gong.

The authorities arrested Wang Jie and sent her to the Longshan Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang. Along with another 39 incarcerated practitioners there, they went on a protest hunger strike to call attention to the plight of a young girl named Han Tianzi, whom the prison guards had electrically shocked. After that Wang Jie was transferred to a penitentiary located in Zaohua, also called Women's Self-strengthening School. She continued her protest hunger strike for more than 100 days. Then she was transferred to the notorious Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang. The camp officials refused to accept her because of her poor health. The authorities finally called her family to take this dying woman home.

Because she was able to do the exercises and study Falun Dafa teachings at home, Wang Jie recovered very fast. Two months later, when she was handing out truth-clarifying materials, someone reported her to the police. She was arrested again but broke free from her captors with the power of her righteous thoughts.

In 2001, the police raided a site for producing truth-clarifying materials, and Wang Jie was arrested for the third time. She was released following a seven-day protest hunger strike.

In October 2002, Wang Jie was arrested for the fourth time in Teiling, Liaoning Province. In 2003, she was illegally sentenced to seven years. Currently she is illegally detained in the Liaoning Province Women's Prison's Ninth Ward. Wang Jie has gone on a protest hunger strike many times, and the police have force-fed her many times, physically harming her in the process. Her life is in danger. Even though Ms. Wang Jie has suffered terribly, she remains steadfast in her belief.

Ms. Cai Shaojie shows signs of concussion after suffering persecution

Ms. Cai Shaojie, 44 years old, employee of a subordinate enterprise at the Shenyang Geological Bureau, started to practice Falun Gong in 1996 because of ill health. She turned into a new person after practicing cultivation, becoming healthy, compassionate, and selfless.

After July 20, 1999, when the persecution of Falun Gong began, Cai Shaojie went to appeal and explain the facts about Falun Gong, and she was subsequently arrested.

In 2001, Cai Shaojie was arrested and taken to the Shenyang Fifth Detention Center, but escaped with the power of her righteous thoughts.

In October 2002, Cai Shaojie was arrested in Tieling City, Liaoning Province. In 2003 she was illegally sentenced to seven years. Currently she is detained in the first ward of the Liaoning Province Women's Prison.

Cai Shaojie suffered cruel persecution in the prison. Because she was steadfast in her belief, the guards ordered prisoners to lift up her feet and put her head down to the ground, and they dragged her down the stairs. Her head bumped on the stairs, knocking her unconscious. For a period of time she couldn't eat anything and would vomit whatever she ate. She had other symptoms of a concussion, and as time went on her weight dropped and she became weak and thin.

During the time when Cai Shaojie was in prison, her husband suffered a stroke and had a very difficult time without her care.

On October 26, 2004, the Special Rapporteur on the Right to Freedom of Opinion, working jointly with the Special Rapporteur on Torture and the Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General's Human Rights Defenders, sent an urgent appeal concerning Wang Jie, Cai Shaojie, and non-practitioner Li Weiji. Li Weiji was being detained at the Panjin Prison. It was reported that cruel beatings led to fractures in both his arms and a slipped disc, which made it difficult for him even to walk.