(Clearwisdom.net) On April 25, 2001 (Chinese lunar calender), Li Jian and another five or six policemen from Section 4 of the Mengyin Police Station came to my home and said that they wanted to talk to me at the 610 Office of Mengyin County. My daughter, Lu Xia, said, "You can talk to him at our home because my dad is old and his health is not great. It's not good for him to go to the office." The policemen got angry about what my daughter said, so Li Jian called the director of the police station saying that my daughter was interfering with the carrying out of his duties and that he was arresting her. Because my daughter was wearing a skirt and a pair of slippers, my wife told her to put on a pair of pants. But Li Jian pushed my wife onto the couch by dragging her by her arms (which caused some bruises), and pulled my daughter into the police car. Thus, both my daughter and I were taken to the 610 Office brainwashing center of Mengyin County.

At night in the brainwashing center, my daughter was handcuffed to a pole and beaten four times by Li Jian, Jiao Yuxiang, and other hooligans of the 610 Office. My daughter was covered with her own blood the next morning. Her nose, mouth, and ears were all bleeding, and her wounds did not heal until a month later.

All Dafa practitioners were detained in separate cells with locked doors. It was very hot, and inside was like a steamer. Our clothes stuck to our skin like glue. There were no trees in the courtyard to give shade to the cells. In each cell was a straw mat for sleeping, a bucket for human refuse, a big bowl to carry water for washing the face, and a bowl for eating. Practitioners were deprived of sleep at night, which besides the constant presence of mosquitoes and flies, resulted in practitioners contracting diseases.

On top of the physical torture, there was also mental torture, which was even more damaging to practitioners. We were forced to watch videos and read books and pamphlets defaming Dafa and Master. They tried to brainwash us with the lies and tried to force us to verbally abuse Master and Dafa.

I was detained for 70 days, until July 5, 2001 (Chinese lunar calendar), by the 610 Office.

During my illegal detention, the authorities extorted my family out of 10,000 yuan and then another 600 yuan for my living expenses. Moreover, I was denied my pension of 3,000 yuan.

On July 7, 2002 (Chinese lunar calendar), I was dragged into a police car when I was taking a walk after supper. The policemen told me that they had seen me posting Dafa posters with their own eyes (which was a lie). I said, "I didn't do it. If you saw me doing that, why didn't you arrest me then?" Putting up Dafa posters to save the world's people is a good thing that practitioners should do, but it indeed was not me who had done it. However, the police sent me to the 610 Office brainwashing center regardless. One policeman questioned me and said, "You don't need to admit that. We can just re-write what you did before and that will be sufficient to give you a sentence of three or five years in prison. Just wait and see!"

I was transferred to the Mengyin County Detention Center after 40 days at the brainwashing center. The purpose of sending me there was so that they could send me to a forced labor camp right away, once they received an order from their bosses. Actually, their bosses ordered me sent to a forced labor camp for a year and a half, but the labor camp did not admit people 60 years of age or older, so I was detained at the detention center for more than 100 days before being released.

Although they did not succeed in sending me to a forced labor camp, they found a way to stop my pension from July 7, 2002 (Chinese lunar calendar), to the present (almost five years). I have not received even a small amount of my monthly allowance. I worked for the Chinese Communist Party for more than 40 years and the pension that I am supposed to receive is for my work before. I lived on my pension, but it ha been cut off by the CCP organizations.

Around 10 o'clock in the evening on April 21, 2004, policeman Wang Wei from the 610 Office of the Mengyin Police Station broke into my home and searched it. He took away my personal belongings, including a copy of Zhuan Falun, some truth clarification materials, a tape recorder, audio tapes, an address book, etc. Wang Wei hit my wife on the head and illegally arrested both her and me. My wife was then detained at the brainwashing center, but she went on a hunger strike to protest the detention. She was released in four days. I went on a hunger strike, too, but was brutally force-fed. They let me go home eight days later.