(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Zhang Shizhen was arrested and taken to Meizhou Detention Center in Guangdong Province in July 2004, where he was barbarically forced fed by the guards. More than a dozen guards and law enforcement officers watched and took part in the torture. The practitioner had difficulty breathing, his airway obstructed by the feeding mixture of concentrated saline solution and rice dregs, but the police did not stop.

Mr. Zhang Shizhen has practiced Falun Gong since 1998. Since 1999, he has been illegally detained and persecuted many times by police in Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, and Meizhou, and has been sentenced to forced labor three times. On July 14, 2004, he was taken to Meizhou Detention Center by the police because he continued to practice Falun Dafa. After he was detained there for 28 days, he was sentenced to forced labor for two and a half years.

At the Meizhou Detention Center, Zhang Shizhen did not accede to the authorities and went on a hunger strike for seven days to protest his illegal detention. On the seventh day, the guards at the detention center, 610 Office and procuratorate personnel, and the police plotted to force feed him, and caused his mouth to bleed profusely. But they still handcuffed him to the iron rail and directed four convicted criminals to press down on his legs while his head was held by two policemen as they continued to force-feed him.

There were more than a dozen people present. The inmates saw that the practitioner's mouth was full of blood, and they did not dare to continue. But Liu, the director at the detention center, shouted at them, "Don't stop!" The thick plastic feeding tube, cut at a 45 degree angle, was inserted into the practitioner's mouth to feed the concentrated salt solution and rice dregs mixture. The practitioner's nostrils were blocked by the feeding mixture, and could he not breathe. But they still did not stop, causing him great injury.

The guards and law enforcement officers present also verbally abused the practitioner non-stop. His son sent 500 yuan to him, but it was misappropriated by the guards at the detention center.