(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Liu Fengyun, 53, from East 1st Street, Dehui City, Jilin Province, suffered from Addison's disease (a hormonal disorder characterized by weight loss, muscle weakness, fatigue, low blood pressure, etc.) for many years. It seemed nothing could cure her chronic illness. Once she began practicing Falun Dafa her illness disappeared. She and her husband thus became very steadfast in Dafa.

In 1995, Liu Fengyun and her husband went to Beijing to search for a cure for her illness. None of the treatments she received in Beijing cured her, but she was fortunate enough to hear about Falun Dafa there. Liu Fengyun started practicing Dafa in March 1996. In less than six months her illness was completely cured and she did not have to take medication any more. Her case refuted a claim made by a renowned physician, who said that patients who suffer from Addison's disease need to stay on medication for the rest of their lives. Ms. Liu and her husband saw the miraculous power of Dafa and were very grateful to Master Li for renewing her life.

Since July 20, 1999, Liu Fengyun and her family have suffered endless persecution. Her husband was sentenced to forced labor, and Liu Fengyun was imprisoned many times. On February 4, 2007, she was illegally sentenced to three-and-a-half years in Heizuizi Women's Prison.

In February 2000, Ms. Liu's husband was illegally arrested at his workplace and given a sentence of one year in a forced labor camp because he refused to write the so-called guarantee statement to renounce his belief. Liu Fengyun and her children were hard-pressed to survive alone. People who were close to the family said that for about a month that summer, she and her children had no money to buy food and only survived with the help of some relatives from the village. Still, she showed that nothing could shake her faith in Dafa

In October 2001, Liu Fengyun's husband was arrested and sentenced to two years in of forced labor. During this time, Ms. Liu was detained at the police station until her relatives paid one thousand yuan bail. She was released and given a receipt promising the return of her bail money in a few months. Five years have passed but the police have never returned their money.

In order to avoid further persecution at the hands of the local police, Liu Fengyun and her children moved to other places. The police tracked her down wherever she moved.

On December 14, 2004, the policemen from Heping Police Station and the Dehui City National Security Bureau broke into the Tienan Railroad Employee apartment, which Liu Fengyun and her two children had rented. Without showing any police identification or following legal procedure, these policemen beat Ms. Liu and stole her property. Her 11-year-old daughter was so frightened that she screamed. Afterwards, the police dragged Ms. Liu and her children to the Public Security Bureau and held them there for one day and night. Liu Fengyun's husband was also sentenced to two years of forced labor.

On the morning of July 9, 2006, the National Security Bureau, along with the Changchun Public Security Bureau, surrounded the apartment where Liu Fengyun lived with her daughter Baihe at East 5th Street, Yongching Village, and then broke in through the windows. The police blindfolded Liu Fengyun and her daughter and took them to a hotel, where they detained the two in separate rooms. The police interrogated them until midnight. Afterwards, Liu Fengyun was kept in the detention center and her daughter was sent to a school. While Ms. Liu was in the detention center she asked to be allowed to visit a physician because she was feeling ill, but her request was denied. She also requested to see her children but was not allowed.

Liu Fengyun's now-13-year-old daughter suffers every day, deprived of her mother's love and attention. She often stares at her mother's picture, saying, "I miss you, Momma."

At the beginning of November 2006, the Dehui City Court brought Liu Fengyun to trial secretly, without informing any of her family members. The reason that the court did not inform her family was because she is a Falun Gong practitioner. On February 4, 2007, the Dehui City Court and the judicial office sentenced Liu Fengyun to three-and-a-half years and sent her to the Heizuizi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Jilin Province. The court did not inform her family members until two days after she had been sent to the forced labor camp.

Dehui City Public Security Bureau:

Zhang Guochen, Chief of Bureau: 86-431-87222192 (Office), 86-431-3209999 (Home), 86- 13943101001, 86-15904400460
Wang Shuxin, Deputy Chief of Bureau: 86-431-87238208, 86-431-87276698, 86-15904400466
Wang Chengsen, the standing Deputy Chief of Bureau: 872386-431-3759, 86-431-87274500
Zhou Hongwu, Clerk of Political and Judicial Committee: 86-431-87237559, 86-431-87219988, 86-13943121016, 86-13904397518
Li Yuke, Chairman of the 610 Office: 86-431-87216610, 86-431-87234600, 86-13364633706