Mr. Liu Liang, was a 24 year old practitioner from Daheliu Village, Zhangying Township, Jiaozhou, City Shandong Province. Mr. Liu was arrested at the end of September 2006 and was detained at Jiaozhou City Detention Center for 2 weeks. In May 2007, the Qingdao 610 Office ordered the Jiaozhou 610 Office not to close Mr. Liu Liang's case, and that he would be sentenced.

On June 5, six plainclothes policemen broke into Mr. Liu's home. They raided the house without showing any documents. Mr. Liu was not at home at the time.

On June 6 police continued to watch Mr. Liu's home. They asked neighbors if Mr. Liu was at home.

On July 7, a villager discovered the body of Liu Liang in a well and his motorbike nearby. He reported it to the police and three police cars showed up. Many villagers surrounded the scene.

The local 610 Office head, Wang Ronghai, went to Mr. Liu's home afterwards. They were trying to cover up their crimes and claimed that Mr. Liu committed suicide because of practicing Falun Gong. They knew that they were the criminals and they tried to force Mr. Liu's family to not pursue the case. They told Mr. Liu's family members to come to Zhangying Town Police Station on June 13 to discuss compensation for Mr. Liu's death.

We will continue to investigate the death of Mr. Liu Liang, as there are two scenarios. Either police murdered him before throwing him into the well, or he accidentally fell into the well while being chased by police. We know that

1. Mr. Liu did not commit suicide by jumping into the well. Mr. Liu was told that police searched his home on June 5. Therefore, he had been hiding in a friend's home. He left the friend's home to return home but he never reached home.

2. Staff from the Qingdao and Jiaozhou 610 Office caused Mr. Liu's death.

Liu Liang Had Been Persecuted Since He Was 17 Years Old

Mr. Liu Liang began to practice Falun Gong in January 1997. He was 15 at the time and attended middle school. He was known to be a good student. After the CCP began its persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999, all TV, radio and newspapers were full of propaganda slandering Falun Gong. Mr. Liu felt he could not keep silent anymore. He wanted to seek justice. At the end of July 1999, Mr. Liu went to Beijing. When he returned, the village CCP committee members were waiting for him at his home. He was taken to the police station and detained for two days. He was only 17.

In December of the same year, Liu Liang went to Beijing to appeal again. This time he went to Tiananmen Square, and he did the Falun Gong exercises at the square. He wanted to use this method to tell people, "Falun Dafa is good." He was arrested and illegally detained at Tiananmen Police Station, and then local police brought him back. After returning to his hometown, the police tried to make him write a guarantee statement but Mr. Liu refused. Therefore, he was locked in a dark room for 12 days. The chief of police and some local officers took turns monitoring him and did not allow him to sleep. They threatened that they would put him in detention, forced labor camp, and so on. Later they put pressure on Mr. Liu's father and extorted 1,500 yuan from him.

In July 2000, Mr. Liu went to Beijing for the third time. He and other practitioners held a banner with the words "Falun Dafa is the Righteous Fa" for three minutes. Several hundred people witnessed it. Mr. Liu was arrested again. He was taken to Tiananmen Police Station and then Changping Detention Center. In the detention center, police beat and insulted practitioners all the time. An evil policeman burned Mr. Liu's wrist with a lighted cigarette, which left three scars. Local police took him back home after three days. They tied him to a tree for an entire afternoon, then he was taken to the city detention center and detained for 15 days. At that time he was only 18 years old.

June 14, 2007