(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Sun Jingsu and her husband, Mr. Ma Xinshun, lived with their parents and two children. After they began practicing Falun Gong, their family was very happy. When the CCP's persecution of Falun Gong began in 1999, Ms. Sun and her husband were arrested, their home ransacked, "illegally detained," and tortured by Geng Xinqi, Party Secretary of Jiacun Township, Wangdu County, Baoding City, Hebei Province. Ms. Sun and Mr. Ma were both sentenced to forced labor, which deeply hurt their children. In addition, Ms. Su Jingsu's father was in a constant state of fear and tension and finally passed away.

Previously, Ms. Sun Jingsu had a lot of sicknesses, including a mental illness. Because of this she could not live a normal life and was very bitter every day. Her illness seemed incurable.

After Ms. Sun began to practice Falun Gong in 1996, all of her illnesses disappeared. After seeing her miraculous recovery, her husband understood that Falun Gong was a rare practice, difficult to come across since ancient times, and he too started practicing it. The family of four lived together peacefully. Their relatives and friends were all happy for them and their practice of Falun Gong. All the people in the village felt the same as well.

Then came July 20, 1999, when the CCP and Jiang Zemin started their nationwide persecution of Falun Gong and Falun Gong practitioners. On that same day, Sun Jingsu went to Beijing to appeal, wanting to tell the government the facts about Falun Gong. She was illegally detained at a detention center. The authorities interrogated and intimidated her and extorted 1,800 yuan from her and her husband. Then they released them.

In October 1999, Sun Jingsu and other practitioners decided to go to the government to appeal again but were again detained at the detention center. After three months, they had had over 3,800 yuan extorted from them.

In February 2000, the Party Secretary of Jiacun Township, Geng Xinqi, took a group of people to intrude into her home, arrested her, and took her to the Township Government. After they handcuffed her to a flag pole, the Township Government people surrounded her, and one even kicked her several times. Party Secretary He Dong said fiercely, "If you practice Falun Gong, I will destroy your family and confiscate 10,000 yuan from you. You must pay the money even if you have to sell your house."

When her husband, Ma Xinshun, went to the Township Government to deliver her clothes, he was detained as well. The chief of the police station, Yang Zejiang, beat him so hard that he could not move for a long time. Later they handcuffed him to a stone pillar in front of the door. Then a group of people came and beat and kicked him violently. His eyes were injured and swollen. The couple was detained for four days and then taken to Wangdu County Detention Center. At that time, their children, who were 17 and 15, were left at home alone, and their relatives, friends, and neighbors helped take care of them. News of their parents' numerous detentions hurt their children deeply.

After they returned home, Geng Xinqi often went to their house to harass Ms. Sun and force her to give up practicing Falun Gong. Since the practice of Falun Gong had given Sun Jingsu a new life, she greatly appreciated it and wanted to appeal and clarify the facts to the governments.

On May 13, 2000, Sun Jingsu and several practitioners went to Beijing to appeal again, validating the goodness of their faith. Ms. Sun was arrested and detained at Wangdu County Detention Center. At the detention center, the guards incited criminals Hu Sumei, Xiaoxian, and Jianping to beat Ms. Sun violently. She was severely beaten black and blue. The criminals forced practitioners to wash their hands and arms with chili sauce. In addition, the criminals did not allow them to clean up the chili sauce. Later the practitioners did not cooperate with the evildoers and recited the Fa and did the exercises as usual. While the practitioners were in detention, the secretary of Jiacun Township, Geng Xinqi, went to their houses and extorted money from their families. He said that the fine was 10,000 yuan. Their families did not cooperate and Geng Xinqi did not succeed.

Many female practitioners went on a hunger-strike to protest the illegal detention. The evildoers then force-fed them several times, and often inserted the tubes into their nostrils. They tortured them for 45 days and then released them.

Ms. Sun was very weak after coming off the hunger strike. In July, when she had still not recovered, she and these practitioners were arrested and taken to the Township Government by the officers from the police station. They were detained for over ten days, charged 30 yuan as a meal fee, and then released.

On February 10, 2001, Mu Pingjun took four to five people to show up at Ma Xinshun's house. They illegally arrested Ms. Sun and per her into a police car. They then threw her luggage in the car. Ms. Sun asked, "Where are you taking me?" Mu Pingjun replied, "We're having you stay in the Township Government for several days." She was then detained at the Brainwashing Center of the Township Government. In the Center, she did not cooperate. Eight days later, they took her home without letting her take her luggage along. As of now they still haven't returned her quilts and personal items.

One month after Ms. Sun Jingsu returned home, one night a group of evildoers, including birth control personnel, suddenly kicked open the door of Ms. Sun's house. They caught hold of her hair and took her to the Township Government again, where Mu Pingjun kicked her and forced her into the iron cage. After one hour, the County 610 Office person Shang Hongzhi took her to the Brainwashing Center the same night.

When Ms. Sun Jingsu's husband heard that his wife had been arrested again, he returned home from the building site, and found that his house was ransacked. He went to the 610 Office to ask them to release his wife, but they turned him away. Several days later, Sun Jingsu escaped with her righteous thoughts and became destitute. The authorities went across walls to go into her house and ransacked her home again.

In October 2001, Sun Jingsu and other practitioners went to Beijing to appeal for and validate Dafa, and were then detained at Shijingshan Detention Center. The detention center tried to force them to give their family addresses, and threatened that if they did not they would be sent to Liaoning Province, Xinjiang Province, or Shenyang City. Ms. Sun did not cooperate with them to sign the paper. There were three policemen: one twisted her arms, one grabbed her hair, and one held an ink pad to make Ms Sun give her fingerprint. Nevertheless, they still did not succeed.

After she was detained for 20 days, the officers from Jiacun Township took her to Wangdu County Police Department. They handcuffed Ms. Sun together with another female practitioner. The officers kicked them brutally; their faces and mouths were beaten so badly that they could not eat anything. Later, they twisted Ms. Sun's arms behind her back, pressed her to the ground, and then beat her violently. That same night she was taken to Wangdu County Detention Center. At the detention center, she went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Because of this, they tied her onto a bed tightly. Two days later, she vomited blood, so they had to untie her.

Several days later, they placed metal batons between her feet and legs. They hitched her feet with a metal hoop, which kept her from walking. (The torture instrument is called a "feet fork.") They ordered the criminal inmates to pull her arms and drag her to walk on the ground. As a result, her knees and feet were skinned. At that time one person said, "Look, Sun Jingsu is close to death." They had to order the other inmates to take her to the ward. Her feet were numb, and she had no feeling in them. Sometimes she didn't know that she wasn't wearing her shoes, and sometimes she went to bed without feeling that her shoes were still on.

After she was cruelly persecuted for two months at Wangdu County Detention Center, she was sentenced to two years of forced labor without any lawful procedure, and sent to Balizhuang Forced Labor Camp in Baoding City. At the camp, she was severely persecuted and was damaged mentally. They would monitor her even when she went to the toilet and the water supply room. If she spoke she would be abused. In the daytime, she was forced to do forced labor until 9:00 p.m. She could not fall asleep at night, and she became weaker and weaker. Her eyes were damaged to the point where she could hardly see; she only saw shadows. In addition, her feet were numb. Later, she was taken to the No. 252 Hospital to be examined. The examination results showed that she had pneumonia. Under these circumstances, they still did not release her. Eventually she became very weak and could not eat anything, so the labor camp asked her relatives to take her home (at that time there were no family members in her house).

In 2001 her husband Ma Xinshun went to Wangdu County to look for his son and ask him to return home to spend the New Year. On his way, he was arrested by Mu Pingjun and detained at the Brainwashing Center. Ma Xinshun went on a hunger-strike to protest the arrest, and they had to release him. They often went to his house to harass him, which led to him leaving home. In October 2001, Ma Xinshun was arrested in Baoding City and sent to Mancheng County Detention Center. There they tied him onto a chair and used hoses with thread to beat the arches and surface of his feet. As a result, his feet were too swollen to walk. They had to find two inmates to take care of him in turn. Later, he was taken to Wangdu County Detention Center by the policemen of Wangdu County Police Department, and then sentenced to three years of forced labor at Balizhuang Forced Labor Camp in Baoding City. Ma Xinshun refused to be "transformed," so they handcuffed and hung him and used the Death Bed and shocked him with electric batons. He and other steadfast male practitioners suffered all kinds of insults. One time, they used electric batons to shock practitioners on every part of their body, from the arches of their feet to their necks. The scene was very cruel.

Ma Xinshun and Sun Jingsu were both sentenced to forced labor, which gravely affected their son and made him leave home. From the day he left, his relatives lost contact with him. At that time, their daughter was studying in school. When she returned home on Sundays or holidays, she found nobody there. She had to go to her aunts' and uncles' homes to live. Sun Jingsu's father began to practice Falun Gong in 1998 and continued as his illnesses disappeared and his health improved. After July 20, 1999, the evildoers ransacked the Dafa books and Master's pictures in his house and even intimidated him. His two daughters-in-law were also arrested, searched, and fined for practicing Falun Gong. In addition, his daughter and son-in-law were also illegally sentenced to forced labor. At the same time, he worried about his grandson and granddaughter very much. Long-term anxiety, pressure, and tension caused the old man's health to deteriorate and he passed away in December 2002. At that time, Ma Xinshun and Sun Jingsu were still detained at the labor camps, and did not get to see their father one last time.

The case of Ms. Sun Jingsu and the persecution of her family is only the very tip of the iceberg. There are countless such incidents in China.

June 4, 2007