(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Shi Tongwen was a retired employee of the General Hospital of Lindong Mine Bureau in the Wudang District, Guiyang City, Guizhou Province. Since 1999, Ms. Shi and her family members have suffered brutal persecution. All of her family members, except her four-year-old grandson, were sent to a brainwashing center. During their illegal detention there, Shi Tongwen was on the verge of death due to the persecution. Later, she was paralyzed from torture and could not take care of herself. At 10 a.m. on May 6, 2007, she died at the age of 67.

In 2001, Ms. Shi's oldest son, Li Ping, and his wife, Fang Sha, were arrested on the street. Their son was just 14 months old. Fang Sha was sent to the Nanming District Detention Center in Guiyang City and then detained in the Zhongba Women's Forced Labor Camp of Guizhou Province. She was "transformed" there and abetted the evildoers.

On April 18, 2005, personnel from the Public Security Section of the Lindong Mine Bureau arrested Li Ping on the street, forcibly took his son away from him, and gave the child to Fang Sha. Later, Li Ping's son was moved to Fang Sha's mother's home in Zunyi City, Guizhou Province. Since Fang Sha's mother is against Falun Dafa, Li Ping has been separated from his son up to this point.

At around 11 a.m. on April 18, 2005, police from the Public Security Section of Lindong Mine Bureau took Ms. Shi Tongwen and three family members and sent them to the Lannigou brainwashing center in Jinzhu Town, Guiyang City, which is run by the Guizhou Provincial 610 Office. During the arrest, the police beat Mrs. Shi's son, Li Ping, until he was unconsciousness, then dragged him into a vehicle and took him to the brainwashing center. Li Ping was carrying his son, and the police forcibly took the child away, seriously traumatizing him. Shi Tongwen and her 67-year-old husband, Li Zhili, as well as their second son, Li Kunyuan, who was working in Guiyang, were arrested and sent to the brainwashing center in Lannigou. The couple's relatives did not know their whereabouts and called "110" to report that "they were abducted." The police responded that, because it was it was a "sensitive period," they did not need to follow legal procedures to deal with Falun Gong practitioners.

After arriving at the brainwashing center, Li Ping was beaten again until his head was covered in blood. Ms. Shi was so brutally tortured that she was critically injured. The guards sent her to the Guiyang City No. 3 People's Hospital in Ganyintang. The doctor found there was an area of extravasated blood the size of an egg in her brain and said she needed surgery.

At 5 p.m. on May 16, 2005, Shi Tongwen's husband, Li Zhili, was taken to the hospital to see her. At 7 p.m. the same night, her two sons, Li Ping and Li Kunyuan, were also brought to the No. 3 Hospital. The most vicious guards from the brainwashing center were present as well. The doctor said: "She is on the verge of death. Even with surgery, the best results would leave her paralyzed." Li Zhili and his sons did not agree to the surgery nor could they afford it. They firmly demanded Ms. Shi's unconditional release. Finally, around midnight, the 610 Office officials arrived and agreed to send Ms. Shi and her family members home. There were policemen in the vehicle in which they were sent home, and other police vehicles followed them as well.

The next day, the dean and the deputy dean of the General Hospital of the Lindong Mine Bureau, where Ms. Shi worked, went to her home and said they were willing to provide the money for the surgery and even the funeral. They thought Ms. Shi was dying so they wanted to settle the matter quickly. They did not expect Ms. Shi to get better after she went home. On the fourth day, Ms. Shi's family requested that the hospital send a nurse over to inject saline solution, but the hospital refused their request. So Mrs. Shi's family sent her to the Guiyang City No. 2 Hospital for an examination, including an NMRI. Surprisingly, the amount of extravasated blood had shrunk from the size of an egg to the size of a thumb. In order to show off their achievement, the No. 2 Hospital videotaped what they saw. However, after Ms. Shi was hospitalized, her condition got worse every day. She had a constant high fever and she could not breathe. The hospital proposed that she have a tracheotomy. Ms. Shi's family could not afford a tracheotomy, and the hospital where she worked would not lend them the money. Ms. Shi's family had to take her back home. After she returned home, her health improved, but she was still paralyzed and totally dependent on her husband. At about 10 a.m. on May 6, 2007, she passed away.

Relevant units involved in the persecution:

The Guizhou Provincial 610 Office
Lidong Mine Bureau in Wudang District, Guiyang City
General Hospital of Lindong Mine Bureau
Public Security Section of Lindong Mine Bureau
Lannigou Brainwashing Center in Jinzhu Town, Guiyang City