(Clearwisdom.net) Guards in the No. 8 Ward at the Mudanjiang Prison, Heilongjiang Province, use brutal and inhumane methods to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. The torture methods include handcuffing practitioners' wrists behind their backs; shocking with electric batons and beating with plastic tubes; gang beating one practitioner at a time; solitary confinement; handcuffing and shackling and then tying a practitioner up to a metal ring fixed in the ground for a long time. The guards keep inventing new torture methods.

On March 23, 2007, Falun Gong practitioner Wang Mingzhu wrote words that clarified the truth about Falun Gong on his arm. The guards then handcuffed his arms behind his back and pushed him into a washroom that is often used as a site for beatings and torture. They pushed him to the ground and force-fed him heart medicine before applying the torture. Fearing that electric baton shocking would precipitate a heart attack and Wang Mingzhu might die, the guards force-fed him heart medication pills so they could torture him at will. They ordered a common inmate named Wang Lijun to put Wang Mingzhu's neck in between his legs in a strangle-hold while guard Jiang Lei beat Wang Mingzhu with a plastic tube and other guards -- Zhang Shengli, Sun Jian and Wu Xuejun -- punched and kicked Mr. Wang and shocked his body including his genital area with an electric baton. They did not stop until the electric baton was out of power. Zhang Shengli shouted, "This is law enforcement!" They subsequently detained Wang Mingzhu in a solitary cell for two weeks. His body was still black and blue when he came out of the solitary cell.

On March 31, 2007, the provincial Prison Authority Bureau held a "report conference" at a workshop in the No. 3 Ward. Hearing slanderous things said about Dafa at the conference, practitioner Huang Guodong spoke out loudly, "Stop slandering Master Li! Stop slandering!" The guards immediately beat and kicked Mr. Huang in front of several hundred witnesses. They then dragged him to a washroom in the No. 8 Ward where guards Sun Jian, Zhang Shengli, Song Junpiao and others shocked him with electric batons and kicked and punched him until they were exhausted. Huang Guodong was nearly 60 years old. He was black and blue all over and could not move after the violent beating. He was then dragged to a solitary cell, in handcuffs and shackles, and chained to an iron ring on the ground for eight days. On April 2, 2007, guards Wu Xuejun, Jiang Lei and Sun Jian arrived, each holding an electric baton, and brutally tortured Huang Guodong. They also urged an inmate to beat Huang Guodong every day. When Huang Guodong came out of the solitary confinement cell two weeks later, one of his legs was disabled, and yet he was still forced to do slave labor in the workshop.

A list of perpetrators at the Mudanjiang Prison:
Head of No. 8 Ward: Tang Xiaohui
2nd Team head: Wu Xuejun
Political head of No. 8 Ward: Chen Zhanfeng
Team political head: Song Junpiao
1st Team head: Zheng Shengli
Division Clerk: Sun Jian
Team political head: Jiang Lei

May 30, 2007