Additional Persecution News from China - May 20, 2007 (28 Reports)
1. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Nine Falun Gong Practitioners Persecuted in the Fushun City Brainwashing Center
2. [Mishan City, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Sui Yuhua Sentenced to Three Years in Prison
Ms. Sui Yuhua, 52, is from Farm 8511, Xingkai Town of Mishan City, Heilongjiang Province. On the morning of March 23, 2000, when she was planning to distribute truth materials at Farm 8511 Market, Chen Xiangjun, the head of the 610 Office of Farm 8511 arrested her, brought her to the local police department and searched her. Then, Chen, along with another three men, broke into Ms. Chen's home, robbed over 700 yuan, and sentenced Ms. Chen to prison for three years.
3. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Feng Shaogui Arrested
In March 2007, Mr. Feng Shaogui was arrested and sentenced to a forced labor camp. Immediately afterwards, Wei Liguo, the sales department manager of Mr. Feng's company fired Mr. Feng.
4. [Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province] On April 17, 2007, Practitioner Ms. Li Shuqin Arrested and Is Missing
5. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] A Practitioner Couple of the 55 Institute of Changchun City Arrested
6. [Beijing] Practitioner Zhang Lei Detained Again
Ms. Zhang Lei, 29, used to be a graduate student of Beijing Postal University. In March 2003, she was sentenced to a forced labor camp for two years. Her education was interrupted for two years. After she was released, she went back to graduate school and graduated with a masters degree in March 2006. One month after she found a job, the police arrested her again and detained her in the Detention Center of Haidian District.
7. [Tianjin] Practitioner Yang Ping Arrested
On May 7, 2007, police from Gangbei Police Station arrested Ms. Yang Ping, a practitioner from Dagang District. Now, Ms. Yang is detained in the Detention Center of Dagang District.
8. [Beijing] Police of Haidian District Harass Falun Gong Practitioner
At about 9 a.m. on May 14, 2007, police from the Police Station of Shanhou Town of Haidian District searched local practitioners' homes trying to find copies of the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party.
9. [Wendeng City, Shandong Province] Practitioners Ms. Du Shuqin and Ms. Lian Qingling Arrested
On the afternoon of May 14, 2007, police from the National Security Brigade and the Police Station of Houjia Town arrested Ms. Du Shuqin and Ms. Lian Qingling, searched their homes and confiscated their properties.
10. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Police Division of Kuiwen District Persecutes Practitioner Du Lefu
At about 7 p.m. on April 18, 2007, police from the Police Division of Kuiwen District of Weifang City broke into Mr. Du Lefu's home in Zhangjia Village of Kuiwen District. They arrested Mr. Du, searched his home, confiscated Falun Dafa books, a computer and computer accessories, a motorcycle, his identification card, over 20,000 yuan in bank deposit certificates, 2,500 in yuan cash, etc. Now nobody knows Mr. Du's whereabouts.
11. [Linqing City, Shandong Province] Nine Practitioners Arrested
On the night of May 10, 2007, eight practitioners from Kangmiao Village, Songlin Town of Linqing City were studying Falun Dafa book at Ms. Xu Guixiang's home. Police from the Police Station of Songlin Town and the National Security Brigade arrested them. The eight practitioners are Mr. Liang Ansi, Ms. Xu Lianrong, Ms. Liu Yufeng, Ms. Li Guilan, Ms. Xu Guixiang, Ms. Ding Guiqin, and another practitioner whose name is unknown.
The next morning, police arrested another practitioner, Mr. Gao Zhenxiang, in the same village and took her to a detention center. The police searched all the practitioners' homes and confiscated personal property.
12. [Rushan City, Shandong Province] Practitioner An Shige Arrested
At about 10 a.m. on May 15, 2007, Xu Fengyan, the head of Security Affairs of Anjia Village, Rushankou Town, Rushan City, led plainclothes policemen from the National Security Bureau of Rushan City to Mr. An Shige's little general store. The police broke into the store, confiscated Falun Dafa books and arrested Mr. An.
Also, on the morning of May 10, 2007, police arrested Mr. Liu Peirong from his home at Donggezhuang Village of Baishatan Town, Rushan City.
13. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Meng Xiulan Arrested
Ms. Meng Xiulan, in her 60s, is a practitioner from Wanjia Village of Wangcun Town, Zhoucun District, Zibo City. On the afternoon of May 17, 2007, officials from the village 610 Office and the 610 Office of Zibo City arrested Ms. Meng.
14. [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Zhang Mingkun Arrested
On May 15, 2007, police followed Mr. Zhang Mingkun to his home when he went out distributing materials which contained the truth about Falun Dafa and arrested him.
15. [Hebei Province] Baoding Forced Labor Camp Persecutes Detained Falun Gong Practitioners
For all detained Falun Gong practitioners in Baoding Forced Labor Camp, the guards punished them by making them stand still while facing the wall once they arrived in the forced labor camp. The practitioners have to stand there at least for one day. Many of them have to stand for many days and nights. Mr. Zhang Yong, Mr. Zhang Wenjin, and Mr. Chang Lizhong were tortured with numerous brutal techniques. They were hung up by handcuffs for extended periods of time. They were shocked with 150,000 volt electric batons and hung up with their hands shackled behind their back. The guards beat their knees with wood sticks and used force-feeding, which damaged their nasal passages and esophagus. They were shackled with two handcuffs and two fetters for ten days on average. Being unable to move caused skin lacerations and ulcers on their backs. They were deprived of sleep for many days continuously.
16. [Xingyang City, Henan Province] Practitioners Ma Qingli and Chen Qinglian Detained in Detention Center
On the afternoon of March 28, 2007, Ms. Ma Qingli and Ms. Chen Qinglian from Shangjie District of Xingyang City went to Gaoshan Town to distribute materials describing the facts about the persecution of Falun Gong. They were reported to the local police. Police from Gaoshan Police Station arrested them. On the morning of March 29, 2007, they were transferred to Shanlizhuang Detention Center of Xingyang City. Even now, their families are not allowed to visit them.
17. [Xingyang City, Henan Province] Practitioner Nie Junhua Detained
At about 7 p.m. on May 11, 2007, while traveling home, Ms. Nie Junhua was followed and arrested by the police. Now, Ms. Nie is detained in Sanlizhuang Detention Center of Xingyang City.
18. [Pingxiang City, Jiangxi Province] Practitioners Zhou Yueying and Liu Feng Sentenced to Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Zhou Yueying and Mr. Liu Feng are practitioners of Pingxiang City, Jiangxi Province. In October 2006, police from the National Security Brigade of the Police Department of Pingxiang City arrested them because they clarified the truth of the persecution of Falun Gong to other people and detained them in the Detention Center of Pingxiang City. Because they refused to accept transformation, the police sentenced them for two years to the forced labor camp.
19. [Wugong County, Shaanxi Province] Practitioner Wang Pingchuang Detained
Mr. Wang Pingchuang was illegally detained in the Police Department of Wugong County. His family went to the police department and requested the police release Mr. Wang, but they refused.
20. [Nanchong City, Sichuan Province] Police Plan to Arrest Practitioner Yan Guifang
On April 29, 2007, about nine police officers broke into the residential court of the city government and tried to arrest Ms. Yan Guifang. Ms. Yan refused to open door for them, and instead opened the window and told the whole neighborhood the truth about the persecution of Falun Gong. The police eventually left her alone.
21. [Xiangyin City, Hunan Province] The 610 Office Arrests Practitioners Yang Yunqing and Yin Guihua
Ms. Yang Yunqing is a practitioner from Hepingchan Township of Xiangyin County, Hunan Province. On April 17, 2007, people from the 610 Office broke into her home and arrested her, dragging her into a car. About half an hour later, the same group of people arrested Ms. Yin Guihua, whose home is nearby Ms. Yang's home. Both practitioners have been transferred to Baimarong Forced Labor Camp of Zhuzhou City.
22. [Xinjiang Province] On May 16, 2007, the Police Division of Sha District of Wulumuqi City Arrested Practitioner Ms. Yang Lei
23. [Qionglai City, Sichuan Province] Practitioner Gao Fengqin Arrested
At about 9 p.m. of May 10, 2007, three people broke into Ms. Gao Fengqin's home. They arrested practitioners Ms. Gao Fengqin, Mr. Cao Deqing and Mr. Cao Erwa.
24. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Huangtianba Police Station of Qingyang District Persecutes Falun Gong Practitioners
In early April of 2007, policeman Li Zhibin of Huangtianba Police Station of Qingyang District, Chengdu City saw an elderly Falun Gong practitioner talking with people on the street. Li walked up the lady and searched her. He found a few CDs and arrested the lady.
25. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Practitioner Zhang Qingyun Arrested
On April 28, 2007, police arrested Ms. Zhang Qingyun from her workplace. No one knows her whereabouts.
26. [Hubei Province] Tangxunhu Brainwashing Center Persecutes Falun Gong Practitioners
The Tangxunhu Brainwashing Center tried to force practitioners to curse Falun Dafa and write the three statements. Refusing to do so, the practitioners were punished by standing still and were not allowed to sleep. They were threatened with prison sentences.
27. [Liaoning Province] Masanjia Forced Labor Camp Force-Feeds Falun Gong Practitioners
In the summer of 2006, Ms. Zhou Xiuju, Ms. Zhou Hua, Ms. Wang Manli, and Ms. Xin Shuhua were detained at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. The four practitioners refused to cooperate with the guards by refusing to do the forced labor and refusing to wear the detainee uniform. Guard Ma Jishan tied them on the death beds, forced their mouths open with a device, and force fed them water three times per day, not allowing them to use the bathroom. If that brutality was not enough, Ma Jishan used an iron pincer to pull the practitioners' teeth out. He pulled four teeth of Ms. Xin's and two teeth of Ms. Zhou Xiuju.
28. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Yuan Shuze's Sentence Extended
Ms. Yuan Shuze, 42, is from Shenyang City. At the end of 2006, she was detained in a detention center. Because she refused to recite the so-called thirty rules of the forced labor camp, guards intensified their persecution of her. She was forced to jump out of the detention building, breaking both feet. One month later, she was forced to work again and the forced labor camp extended her term for three more months.