(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Su Xiying, 53, was an employee of the Changan Factory (a huge government-owned business) in Chongqing City. She had been mistreated multiple times because she firmly cultivated Falun Dafa. Ms. Su was very healthy, but she was tortured to the extent that her lower spine became severely misaligned. She could not walk, and she died on April 18, 2007.

Ms. Su Xiying began practicing Falun Dafa in 1996. She went to Beijing to clarify the truth of Falun Dafa and validate Dafa's goodness to the government in 2000, but she was arrested, brutally beaten, and detained. The Changan Factory Police Department and Security Department forced Ms. Su into a brainwashing center. On May 8, 2001, she was arrested again when validating the Fa in Bijin Park in Yubei District. She was brought to trial and handed a four-year prison term, despite her clarifying the truth with compassion to the judges.

During her four-year term in the Chongqing City Women's Prison, Ms. Su was tortured physically and mentally. She was deprived of her right to be visited by her family and the authorities did not allow her to use the toilet. Her food was reduced as a part of the physical torture. She was given only a small amount of plain rice; her own rice and preserved vegetables were all taken by prisoners assigned by the guards to closely monitor and mistreat her. Ms. Su refused to recite the prison regulations, and she was often verbally abused and cruelly beaten by the guards and prisoners. She was forced to do overtime heavy labor, from 7:00 a.m. to midnight every day. She was then forced to stand for two hours after midnight while being subjected to brainwashing sessions. Su Xiying was inhumanly tortured like this for more than a whole year. During this time, she slept less than 4 hours per day because she had to get up at 6:00 a.m., labor until midnight, and then suffer brainwashing attempts for two hours while being forced to stand.

Ms. Su's lower back became dislocated under such intensive mistreatment. She suffered tremendously from the injury. After being released home in 2005, she was still harassed by the local police and neighborhood administration, and she was closely monitored. Ms. Su Xinying died on April 18, 2007, as a result of the relentless persecution.