Mr. Lin Baocai Suffers Mental Collapse and Death as a Result of Torture

Mr. Lin Baocai, 68-year-old, was from Xingguo Village, Donghai Township, Jidong County, Heilongjiang Province. On August 23, 2006 when he was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong and advising people to withdraw from the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), officers from the Donghai Township Police Station and the National Security Brigade of Jidong County arrested him. When Mr. Lin could not come up with the money (500 yuan) required for his release, the police transferred him to the county detention center and tortured him.

On September 29 when Mr. Lin was released, his family found that he had become mentally unbalanced. Whenever he heard a car horn, he would try to run away. Soon afterwards, Mr. Lin ran away and never returned. Although his family reported him missing, the police never responded.

About forty days later, a shepherd found Mr. Lin's body on Mount Shiliuliannan. He was hung by a rope between two pine trees His body was about one foot in the air and underneath him was a steep slope. His family could only recognize him by his clothes. Neighbors all said that the CCP murdered Mr. Lin.

More Information about the Persecution Suffered by Practitioner Jiang Liguo Before His Death

Mr. Jiang Liguo was a practitioner from Donghua Village of Xinxing Town, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province. In November 2001 when he was clarifying the truth to people, Jiang Lirong, the village CCP Committee secretary (Mr. Jiang Liguo's brother), and He Yongqing, the village accountant, found him and arrested him. They immediately called the government of Xinxing Town. But during that period, Mr. Jiang escaped.

Later, when Zhang Yunlong, the head of the Political and Legal Committee of Xinxing Town, was having dinner at Liang Lirong's home, he met Mr. Liang Liguo who happened to be at his brother's home. Zhang told Mr. Liang Liguo, "If you were not Jiang Lirong's brother, we would have arrested you a long time ago."

But only a few days later, Zhang Yunlong and Sun Qingman, leading a group people, broke into Mr. Jiang's home and ransacked it. They arrested Mr. Jiang. Mr. Jiang's little grandson was so terrified that he was crying loudly during the whole process.

Jiang Liguo was brought to the Xinxing Town Police Station. The officials there beat him with plastic pipes filled with sand. Then, they threw him into a car, because he couldn't move after the beating, and transferred him to the Second Detention Center of Shuangcheng City.

The detention center tortured Mr. Jiang more brutally, causing him to have trouble breathing and to vomit blood. The detention center was afraid of taking responsibility for Mr. Jiang's condition, so they called the Xinxing Town government and Donghua Village and asked them to pick him up, but no one came. Finally, the detention center sent Mr. Jiang to Wanjia Forced Labor Camp. Because he couldn't pass the physical examination, the forced labor camp refused to accept him.

Mr. Jiang was at the edge of death. But the Xinxing Town government didn't release him until they extorted 1,000 yuan from his family. The torture caused serious physical and mental damage to Mr. Jiang. After returning home, he was very weak, and eventually, in October 2002 he passed away .