(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Mou Qiang, 35 years old, was born in Yili City, Xinjiang Autonomous Region. Mr. Mou Qiang was a college graduate who lived in Chengdu City. He began practicing Falun Dafa around 1998. He was illegally arrested by police in June 2000. Immediately after his arrest, the police beat him severely until midnight in an attempt to force him to reveal information about other practitioners and the source of the local truth-clarification materials. The whole neighborhood around the police station could hear the police punching and kicking him. Also, the police illegally called in some practitioners as so-called "witnesses" to identify Mr. Mou. Then the police transferred Mou Qiang to the detention center. There were wounds all over his body, his head and body were still bleeding and his mouth was deformed.

In October 2000, Mr. Mou Qiang was illegally sentenced to seven years' imprisonment and sent to Yaan Prison. There, prison guard Wu Yun tortured Mr. Mou in a solitary cell because he tore down signs that slandered Dafa and he refused to wear the prison uniform. Mou Qiang then went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. As a result, he was violently force-fed.

On May 8, 2006, in an attempt to "transform" Mr. Mou, Yaan prison instructor Wu Yun instigated several criminal inmates to bring him to an empty room on the top floor of the prison where no one could hear or see anything from the outside. Six inmates were divided into two teams of three and took turns torturing Mr. Mou, while four other inmates stood by if replacements were needed. Two inmates held onto Mr. Mou's arms while the third loudly read anti-Falun Gong materials next to his ear. Mr. Mou was not allowed to lower his head, close his eyes, or say anything. Any indication of non-cooperation would trigger a violent "reprisal." Any struggle and resistance from him triggered even more vicious torture from the inmates. From 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., he was constantly tortured this way except when he was allowed a few minutes to wash his face in the morning, to eat his meals or to use the restroom. However, he was still closely monitored when doing these things.

The prison guards at Yaan prison not only tortured Mr. Mou Qiang physically, but also abused him mentally. They took advantage of their authority and instigated the criminal inmates to torture practitioners. The inmates are rated by their performance in "transforming" practitioners. The inmates said to Mr. Mou, "Either you go crazy or you write a guarantee statement and keep silent. If you go crazy, that's not our fault and we'll just say it was caused by your practicing Falun Gong."

After suffering a month of physical and mental torture, Mr. Mou Qiang's movements have become slow, his face is pale and full of deep wrinkles, and his hair is completely gray even though he is only 35 years old.