(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Ye Xiujuan is a teacher. In 2000, she was illegally arrested for distributing truth-clarifying materials and detained at the Mancheng County Detention Center where she was tortured for 80 days. Immediately on the second day at the detention center, Ms. Ye was told to do manual labor. When she refused to cooperate, the Deputy Director of the detention center, Jia Ruiqing, pulled and pushed her around, while several guards shouted, "Handcuff her if she refuses!" Then, they cuffed Ms. Ye's hands behind her back and to an iron bar. She was only released from this position after she lost consciousness.

At the detention center, Ms. Ye was forced to work every day picking dried peppers from morning until lunch time. Due to poor ventilation, people often sneezed and had sore throats from smelling and inhaling the dry and dusty peppers. The workload was exceedingly high. One time, when Ms. Ye protested the workload, a guard named Li hit her on the arms and legs with a wooden stick. As a result, she had a purple blister on her arm and multiple bruises on her legs. At night, Ms. Ye could not sleep or let anything touch her legs due to the severe pain from the beatings. Two other Falun Gong practitioners were also tortured for their beliefs. They had bruises all over their legs from being beaten. Guard Li would hit their feet with an object when they fell down. As a result, their feet became so swollen that they could not put on their shoes.

One time, Ms. Ye shouted, "Falun Dafa is Good! Restore My Teacher's Reputation." The guards then locked her in a small cage under the baking sun. Boards were put around her neck, and her hands were cuffed behind her back. She could not stand or move and could only sit in the cage. However, she continued to shout, "Falun Dafa is Good!" She wanted all the people there to know that Dafa and Teacher were being defamed. The guards continuously slapped her face until her mouth and gums started to bleed.

When some people saw how Ms. Ye was treated, they were very sympathetic. Ms. Ye would clarify the truth to them. As a result, the guards and other inmates would beat her more. They also cursed her. Among the perpetrators were guard Li and Jia Ruiqing. When Ms. Ye was finally released at lunch time, her face was very swollen and painful.

Ms. Ye went on a hunger strike to protest the unjust persecution. The guards then brutally forced-fed her. When she refused to cooperate, Jia Ruiqing dragged Ms. Ye from her cell to the courtyard and started beating her. When Ms. Ye fell to the ground, Jia grabbed one of her shoes and used it to hit her face. Jia Ruiqing continued to hit Ms. Ye's face several dozen times. Afterwards, she told several inmates to cuff Ms. Ye's hands behind her back. Then they held Ms. Ye down onto the ground by pulling her hair and stepping on her legs. Jia Ruiqing then forcefully inserted a feeding tube into Ms. Ye's throat, all the while she kept on hitting and cursing Ms. Ye. She also claimed that they were trying to be kind. Sometimes when Ms. Ye was forced-fed, guard Li would use a club to hit her ankles until they became swollen and purple in color.

After the forced-feeding, they kept the feeding tube inside Ms. Ye's throat, while her hands were still cuffed behind her back. Ms. Ye was in a lot of pain and she could not lie down to sleep at night. She could only sleep squatting or sitting down. She could not clean, feed, or relieve herself without others' help. She was tortured like this for over ten consecutive days.

One day, Ms. Ye was able to get the feeding tube out. When Jia Ruiqing found out, she viciously beat Ms. Ye. As a result, Ms. Ye was covered with bruises. She was force-fed for 46 straight days. Her weight dropped from 127 lb (58kg) to 87 lb (39.5 kg). She was often beaten and cuffed at the detention center.

During the 80 days that she was detained, not only was Ms. Ye subjected to inhumane tortures, her family also suffered at home. At that time, her child was only 5 years old. He often cried for her and refused to sleep at night. His grandparents could not calm him down and his father was saddened when he saw his son cry and ask for his mother. When the persecution began in 1999, many people were deceived by the state propaganda lies spread by the Chinese Communist Party about Falun Gong. As a result, Ms. Ye's husband kept quiet and to himself at work and endured many torments.