(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Liu Yanmei from Daliudugou Village, Puwang Town, Yinan County, Shangdong Province, was arrested in May 2006 when she was distributing pamphlets about Falun Gong. She was later sentenced to three years in Shangdong Forced Labor Camp located in Jinan. News from the labor camp reported that she was seriously tortured. Her family tried to visit her many times but was refused by the camp authorities.

Before Ms. Liu was sent to the Shangdong camp, she had been repeatedly arrested, detained, and physically tortured. At Yinan County Detention Center, the guards used the inhuman "handcuff torture" on her and injected her many times with unknown drugs. At Dawangzhuang Township Brainwashing Center, she was once tortured so badly that she became mentally disordered.

Ms Liu Yanmei is 46 years old. She had poor health since she was young. Later she suffered from emphysema and tuberculosis and her condition had worsened. She needed to rely on intravenous drip and medicines to keep her alive. Four-fifths of the family's yearly income was spent on her medical expenses. In the end, her husband carried her on his back to a Falun Gong practice site and she started to practice Falun Dafa. After just a few months' practice, she regained her health and looked as if she were a different person. Her temperament also improved.

On July 20, 1999, Jiang Zemin colluded with the Chinese Communist Party to start the persecution of Falun Dafa. In order to explain the truth of Falun Dafa to the government, Liu Yanmei went to Beijing. She was detained and fined. In Beijing, she was cuffed to an iron chair for 48 hours. Later she was transferred to Yinan Detention Center in Shandong Province. On the way to the detention center, she was handcuffed to the frame of the car, with her hands fixed and her body suspended, her feet not allowed to touch the floor. She fainted from the excruciating pain and was left like this until the next morning.

When she was in Yinan Detention Center, guard Liu Zhijie tortured her brutally. Ms. Liu was forced to stand inside the cell and put both of her arms out through a small window in the door of the cell. Liu Zhijie separated Ms. Liu's arms and then cuffed her hands tightly together. He kept pulling her hands from outside the door. Liu Yanmei couldn't help hitting her head on the metal door when her hands were pulled. She felt faint and dizzy as if the earth was spinning around. The skin on her wrists came off, and the handcuffs dug into her flesh. She was trembled from the unbearable pain. When guard Liu Zhijie saw that Ms. Liu was trying hard not to make a sound, he verbally abused her and pulled the handcuff again, and more blood dripped on the ground. Ms. Liu 's body was covered with blood. Guard Liu Zhijie took off his shoes and started to slap the backs of her hands.

Liu Yanmei was later transferred to Dawangzhuang Township Brainwashing Center. The brutal torture there was even more severe. In the spring of 2000, she was tormented so terribly that she became mentally disordered. After nearly a year, she started to recognize the sky and sun above her head. She started to regain her memory after a year. The cruelty of this persecution can be found in the article " Brutish Acts of Cadre of Former Dawangzhuang Township in Yinan County Shangdong Province" which was published on November 8, 2004 at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2004/11/8/88670.html.

On May 23, 2006, Ms. Liu Yanmei and Ms. Du Yonglan, a practitioner from Jinquangou Village (formerly Dougou Village), Puwang Town, Yinan County, were arrested by the police from Hutou Town Local Police Station. The two had been distributing Falun Dafa materials. When Liu Yanmei and Du Yonglan were in the detention center, they were both sent to a hospital several times to be injected with unknown drugs, which weakened them considerably. On May 30, 2006, Liu Yanmei was sentenced to three years of forced labor and was transferred to Team 2 of Shangdong No. 1 Women's Forced Labor Camp in Jinan.

When Ms. Liu was in the camp, her husband went three times in order to visit her, but he was not allowed to see her. On his last visit, the guard roared with rage: "Don't even imagine seeing her if she is not 'transformed.'"

Liu Yanmei became extremely weak after repeated imprisonments, brainwashing, physical torture, and having to do slave labor for a long period of time. The labor camp does not allow the steadfast practitioners to rest at all. Shangdong Jinan Armed Police General Forces Hospital examined Liu Yanmei and found that she was failing fast, so they released her to avoid any responsibility for her death. A health exam at the labor camp before she was admitted showed that Liu Yanmei's health status had been quite good. Since her early release from the labor camp, she has been recovering at home.

Daliudugou Village Party Secretary Wang Anchen: 86-539-3528358 (Home)
Dougou Party Secretary Ni Dianxue: 86-539-3521386 (Home)
Hotou Town Local Police Station: 86-5393881010

Yinan County Public Security Bureau: 86-539-3222020, 86-539-3221238
Ma Chenglong: 86-539-3223401 (Home)