(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Wei Danquan is over 40 years old and lives in Shanhaiguan. He was a military officer who used to work at Shanhaiguan Airport. He has been detained and cruelly tortured in successive years because of his firm belief in Falun Dafa. Recently, he was arrested again although he still suffers from tuberculosis and is spitting up large amounts of blood.

Since July 20, 1999, the Shanhaiguan judicial system has closely followed the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. Because Mr. Wei Danquan refused to give up his belief, he was fired from work, monitored and detained several times, and his home was ransacked many times. He was also sent to a forced labor camp in 2003 and severely tortured. The judicial system tried to sentence him in 2004. He was secretly arrested by public security officers in 2005, and was again arrested on April 14, 2007.

The frequent persecution suffered by Mr. Wei in the past several years has caused his health to deteriorate. As a result, he suffers from heart disease, pleurisy and tuberculosis.

Mr. Wei Develops Tuberculosis and Heart Disease after Four Months of Torture in a Detention Center

In May 2001, Mr. Wei was arrested in Jiaoshan by the Nanguan Police Station when he was out strolling with his family. At the police station, Supervisor Wang Lijun cruelly beat him until he lost consciousness. After regaining consciousness, Assistant Supervisor Zhu Ying slapped Mr. Wei's face and hit him with a rubber club until he lost consciousness again and fell to the ground. Zhu Ying then tortured Mr. Wei by ruthlessly beating the left side of his back until he lost consciousness for the third time. Immediately after he regained consciousness, Zhu Ying picked up a teacup and spilled hot tea on Mr. Wei. After enduring such tortures, Mr. Wei suffered a heart attack. The next day, Mr. Wei's back and his whole face became very swollen and purple-red in color. He also had internal injuries that could not be seen on the surface, but were extremely painful.

In spite of Mr. Wei's condition, the Nanguan Local Police Station still transferred him to the Shanhaiguan No. 3 Detention Center.

At the detention center, Mr. Wei was interrogated for the entire night by Zhang Deyue, Fu Yong and others from the Shanhaiguan Public Security Bureau Section 1. They also threatened and forced him to stand for a long period of time, and deprived him of sleep on the second day. During one interrogation session, Fu Yong fiercely hit Mr. Wei's left arm twice with the leg of a chair.

During four months of mental and physical torture at the detention center, Mr. Wei's heart rate increased to 180 beats per minute. He was sent to Shanhaiguan Dongsantiao Hospital for emergency treatment, and was taken back to the detention center on the second day before he was fully recovered. As a result, not long afterwards, he began to cough. The coughing became so severe that he began to cough up blood. However, the detention center officials ignored his deteriorating health condition. On the night of November 23, Mr. Wei's limbs began twitching and he was sent to Shanhaiguan Dongsantiao Hospital again. The next day, Mr. Wei was told that he had tuberculosis, so he needed to be re-examined at Qinhuangdao No. 3 Hospital. There, the result showed that Mr. Wei indeed had active pulmonary tuberculosis and was considered infectious. Although he was sent home, he was still monitored 24 hours by Nanguan local police.

On the second day after returning home, Mr. Wei was walking downstairs when all of a sudden, he could not stand steadily, his left leg became numb and he fell down. He then went into convulsions and lost consciousness. There were two policemen monitoring him, but they did not allow people to help him. However, a good hearted doctor ignored the police officers and gave Mr. Wei emergency treatment. Upon seeing that Mr. Wei only suffered poor health because of being persecuted by the CCP, his family went to the public security bureau. Due to pressure, the security bureau paid for three days of medical costs to Qinhuangdao No. 3 Hospital. Still sick, Mr. Wei went to the Shanghaiguan 610 Office. The evildoers were afraid being infected, and quickly gave 5000 yuan to Mr. Wei to pay for his medical costs.

Detained in Hehuakeng Forced Labor Camp in 2003

In April of 2003, the Nanguan Local Police Station sent several police officers to check around Mr. Wei's residence. One policeman surnamed Bai took several cassettes from underneath the tea table. At around 2:00 a.m. on June 6, several people claiming to be police officers smashed and pried open the door, turned off the electricity in the whole building, and cut the telephone line to Mr. Wei's home. The perpetrators then besieged Mr. Wei's home for three days, forcibly arrested him, ransacked his home, and confiscated a computer, a manual sewing machine and a mobile phone. He was kept handcuffed for nine consecutive days. On June 17, 2003, Shanhaiguan Dongsantiao Hospital examined Mr. Wei and found that his heart was in poor condition. On June 25, the Shanhaiguan Section 1 used bribery to send Mr. Wei to the Hehuakeng Forced Labor Camp in Tangshan.

There, Mr. Wei suffered all kinds of torture, including being forced to sit on a board for a long period of time, being brutally beaten and being forced to watch programs that slandered Falun Gong while sitting still. His heart problem recurred more frequently and got worse each time. Sometimes he lost consciousness a few times a day. Still, the Shanhaiguan Procuratorate and 610 Office refused to take him back.

At the end of November, Mr. Wei's active tuberculosis recurred. The forced labor camp authorities feared being infected and only then sent him home.

Detained and Harassed in 2004

On April 30, 2004, Mr. Wei Danquan was again arrested. On May 2, after the Qinhuangdao City Public Security Bureau Deputy Director General Lu Shuli, the Shanhaiguan 610 head Guan Xiyou, the Public Security Bureau Director General Zhou Hui, Deputy Director General Liu, Section 1 chief Zhang Deyue and others held a meeting, Mr. Wei Danquan was sent to the Shanhaiguan Detention Center. Fifteen days later, Song Haiqiang and others at the Nanguan Local Police Station in Shanhaiguan interrogated Mr. Wei and changed the status of his detention to a "criminal detention." He was then transferred to the Qinhuangdao City No. 2 Detention Center. Seventeen days later, he went to Qinhuangdao City No. 3 Hospital for a check up and found he had tuberculosis again. X-rays taken of his lungs revealed danger signs, as well.

After Mr. Wei Danquan was released on medical bail, the perpetrators of Shanhaiguan began to concoct a plan to arrest him. On July 2, 2004, Li Jinying and others at the Shanhaiguan Procuratorate collaborated in the plan. On August 9, 2004 the Shanhaiguan Court ordered Mr. Wei to go there for a hearing. As he was walking down the stairs on his way back home, Mr. Wei lost consciousness and was sent to Dongsantiao Hospital. The hospital saw that no one was handling Mr. Wei's case and they called the 610 Office and the Dongjie Local Police Station. However, no one wanted to get involved.

On August 24, 2004, the Shanhaiguan Court contrived to hold a court hearing and illegally sentence Mr. Wei. However, they had to postpone the hearing until October because his illness was very serious and he was continuously vomiting a lot of blood.

In October, Mr. Wei's health condition did not improve, so chief Zhang Deyue and Fu Yong of Section 1 from the public security bureau took two police cars full of officers and two cars from the court to Mr. Wei's building complex and attempted to arrest him. Due to strong resistance from Mr. Wei's family and bystanders, they did not succeed in arresting Mr. Wei. However, Wang Jianwen and two people from the Shanhaiguan Court forcibly arrested Mr. Wei's wife instead.

Just after the New Year's holidays in 2005, Mr. Wei was secretly arrested by the public security officers and detained for a long period of time. His family did not know where he was until he was sent home after his tuberculosis recurred. After he came home, he was monitored and followed by secret agents.

Recent Arrest

On April 14, 2007, again under the command of Zhao Ran, the new Director General of Shanhaiguan Public Security Bureau, the police went to arrest Mr. Wei. At around 10:00 a.m., seven to eight policemen forced their way into Mr. Wei's home by climbing over the courtyard wall to enter into his yard and pried open the door. Then they ransacked his home, arrested Mr. Wei and confiscated a notebook and other materials. Mr. Wei Danquan is currently detained at the Shanhaiguan No. 3 Detention Center

The Section 1 Chief Zhang Deyue and guard Fu Yong were promoted to their current position only because they have actively persecuted Falun Gong practitioners. The Shanhaiguan Public Security Bureau Deputy Director General Liu Guansheng, Shanhaiguan District Party Committee Secretary Shi Xiaofeng and Li Yanliang, Shanhaiguan 610 Chief Guan Xiyou, Shanhaiguan No. 3 Detention Center Supervisor Zhang Haiqing and police Wang Yongheng along with many other supervisors and some police officers of Shanhaiguan have benefited from persecuting and arresting practitioners. In June 2003, after they arrested over 30 Falun Dafa practitioners (including Mr. Wei Danquan), all of the perpetrators received wage increases and a huge bonus from the provincial government. The Qinhuangdao Public Security Bureau Section 1 gave 20,000 yuan to Shanhaiguan Local Police Station as a reward for arresting practitioner Xie Jingzhen. The evildoers madly ransacked practitioners' homes and stole personal property such as TVs, radio, motorbike, and car. In June 2003 alone, they confiscated several dozen computers from practitioners' homes, over 3000 in cash from Xie Jingzhen's place, adding up to a total of over 100,000 yuan in value. The perpetrators also fined the practitioners' families. In 2000, practitioners who were detained at the Shanhaiguan No. 3 Detention Center were fined from 1000 to 3000 yuan and not given a receipt.

Zhao Ran, the current Director General of Shanhaiguan District Public Security and former Commissioner of Qinhuangdao Traffic Police Brigade, persecuted Falun Gong practitioners without restraint immediately after gaining his current position. When Mr. Wei Danquan was arrested on April 14, other practitioners, including Zheng Zhicheng, Chen Chao, Mr. and Mrs. Liu Changfu, Tian Shuzhen, Yang Xiaoyong were also illegally arrested. After having committed so many crimes, including blocking information to the public, the perpetrators shamelessly boasted about themselves in the media.

Names of some of the perpetrators in Shanhaiguan:
Shanhaiguan District 610 Chief Guo Xiyou: 86-335-5051072, 86-335-5050267 (Home), 86-13903345303 (Cell)
Shanhaiguan Public Security Bureau former Director General's office: 86-335-5052196
Shanhaiguan District Public Security Sub-Bureau Deputy Director General (in
charge of persecuting Falun Gong and head of 610), Liu Guansheng: 86-335-
5052421 (Office), 86-335-5052315, 80-335-5057838 (Home)
Shanhaiguan District Public Security Sub-Bureau Section 1 chief: Zhang Deyue 86-335-
5052464 (Office), 86-335-5076600 (Home)
Shanhaiguan District Public Security Sub-Bureau Section 1 Fu Yong: 86-335-5052464
Shanhaiguan Detention Center: 86-335-5051427; Detention Center Command Center
(head duty office): 86-335-5051152, 86-335-5051168
Manager Zhang Haiqing: 86-335-5051168 (Office)
Shanhaiguan Detention Center Instructor Wang Hongbing: 86-335-5051167