(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner, Mr. Wang Qibo, from Nong’an County, Jilin Province, was illegally sentenced to seven years of imprisonment in 2002, and was then illegally detained in Jilin Prison. There, he was cruelly tortured by all means and was even detained and tortured in an isolated cell for a long period of time. His mind and body were devastated. At around midnight on March 28, 2007, the prison authorities sent Mr. Wang to the Second Central Hospital of Jilin City (also the Railway Hospital of Jilin City). At around 9:50 a.m. on March 28, 2007, Mr. Wang passed away at the age of 47.

On March 29, 2007, the prison authorities transported the body of Mr. Wang to the Huniugou Funeral Home. Mr. Wang’s family members wanted to see his body as a farewell, however the prison authorities refused to allow it. In order to cover up their crimes, the prison authorities cremated his body that morning without his family's consent. At the scene was a saloon car with the character “Judicature” on it and another police van carrying around a dozen policemen. It was believed that Liu Zhenyu, deputy director of the Judicial Department of Jilin Province was also in that saloon car.

We hereby call upon all of the international human rights organizations and all benevolent people to pay close attention to this event and help us stop the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners, and also to help rescue all the Falun Gong practitioners who are being illegally detained inside Jilin Prison. To date there have been a total of nine Falun Gong practitioners tortured to death, including Mr. Liu Chengjun, Mr. Zhang Jianhua, Mr. Cui Weidong, Mr. Wei Xiushan, Mr. He Yuanhui, Mr. Hao Yingqiang, Mr. Lei Ming, Mr. Sun Changde, and Mr. Wang Qibo.

1. The Persecution of Practitioners Inside Jilin Prison

For a very long time, the lawless officials of the evil Chinese Communist Party in Jilin Prison (Jilin Second Prison) have cruelly tortured Falun Gong practitioners who were illegally detained there. It is reported that only because Mr. Wang taught other people to practice Falun Gong inside his cell on May 30, 2005, he was brutally tortured in an isolated cell for more than two months. The prison authorities even forbid his seventy-six year-old mother and his family members from seeing him when they went to the prison on visiting days. During the entire three years of his illegal detention in Jilin Prison, his family members have been permitted to see him only four times, even under their strong appealing. On July 18, 2005, Mr. Wang’s family members went to the prison and planned to visit him. However, after they went through all of the normal documentary processes for the visit and waited to see Mr. Wang for the whole day, the prison authorities didn’t allow Mr. Wang to come out for the visit. Usually, under these circumstances, the secret behind this situation is that the Falun Gong practitioners who are going to be visited were going through the so-called “transformation” process, and thus they were seriously beaten or tortured and badly injured. In order to cover up the truth about the persecution, the prison authorities didn't allow them to see their family members. They had to deceive the family members to delay the visiting hours.

In October 2003, in order to intensify the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners, Jilin Prison set up a so-called psychological "therapy" center. It consists of more than ten small dark rooms for solitary confinement. Each room has 4 iron handcuffs bolted to the ground used to shackle the practitioner. Each room is also equipped with a stretching bed, also known as a fixing bed, used as a torture device. The practitioner is fixed and motionless on the bed with arms and legs stretched and handcuffed. Others can then torture him at will by kicking him, beating him, stepping on him, burning him with a thermos with boiling water, piercing him with needles, and depriving him of sleep. One way used to increase the pain is with the abdomen upwards, to add quilts, water bottles, wooden boards, etc. between his back and the bed. Then the practitioner's arms and legs are stretched even tighter and the wrists and ankles are gradually torn open. The practitioner can barely breathe and his face becomes pale as a sheet. This torture can cause people to die immediately. Some Falun Gong practitioners were fixed to the bed between ten days to more than two months. Some Falun Gong practitioners were tied to a bed and tortured from ten to twenty days, or even one or two months. Their bodies were devastated. Their muscles atrophied, their limbs lost their strength and they became emaciated. When they later walked, they needed the support of a wall. The cold of winter injured their hands and feet even further.

2. The Persecution of Wang Qibo and His Family

Mr. Wang Qibo was an employee of a credit union in Yangshulin Village, Nong'an County, Jilin Province. His wife, Sun Shiying, was an elementary school teacher. They often quarreled before they began practicing Falun Gong. Sun Shiying used to suffer from gastric ulcers and a duodenal ulcer, and long-term treatments had no effect. After practicing Falun Gong, they followed the principles of “Truthfulness, Compassion, Tolerance” at every turn and measure, and looked inward when encountering conflicts. Their family became more and more harmonious and Sun Shiying’s diseases were cured without treatment. The whole family lived in a peaceful atmosphere.

When the persecution began in July 1999, since Wang Qibo organized local Falun Dafa practitioners to go to Changchun to appeal for Falun Gong, the police from the Yangshulin Police Station arrested him and illegally detained him at the detention center in Nongan County for six months. On September 27, the village government staff deceived Wang Qibo, Sun Shiying, and twenty Falun Gong practitioners, and took them to the party school to receive forced brainwashing. During that time they were beaten and each was forced to sign a “guarantee statement.” Since Wang Qibo refused to sign the statement, the party secretary of the village, Ma Baolin, and head of the police station, Zhao Xichao, sent him to the detention center of Nong'an County and illegally detained him for two months. Later, Sun Shiying went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. After she was arrested she was escorted back by a local evil person. After she was detained for twenty days, she was sent directly by the village government to the Village Party School and was illegally detained for more than ten days. She was extorted of one thousand “yuan” as a “pickup fee.” Since then, Wang Qibo and Sun Shiying were dismissed from their jobs and deprived of their source of income.

On February 28, 2000, the police again arrested Wang Qibo, and brought him to the police station. That evening, Jiang Ximing and others brutally beat him, then sent him to the detention center of Nong'an County and illegally detained him there. Several days later Wang was transferred to the Weizigou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun, where he was persecuted further.

On July 6, 2001, because Wang Qibo’s son distributed Falun Gong flyers, he was detained by a plainclothes police officer. Later, six to seven police officers went to Wang’s home to arrest him, but Wang refused to open the door. Police officers Wang Mingzhang and Wang Pangzi pried open the window and broke into the house. Since Wang Qibo and Su Shiying did not cooperate with the police, Jiang Xingzhou started to drag them by their hair. Wang’s second sister (non practitioner) saw that Wang Qibo was beaten and she argued with the police. She was also forcibly taken away by the police. The police confiscated all the Falun Dafa books. That evening all arrested people were brutally beaten except Wang Qibo’s aunt. Wang’s second sister was so severely beaten that her eyelids became black, her lips turned purple, and she was unable to walk. On the second day they were sent to the detention center in Nong'an County and were illegally detained there. In the afternoon, the police went to Wang’s home to look for books, and ransacked the home.

On July 13, 2002, Wang Ping, director of the Yangshulin Police Station, led the former chief of the police bureau in Guo County, named Wu, and two armed policemen to arrest people at Wang’s home. When they were questioned about the reason for the arrest, they could not answer. Instead they threatened with guns and brought Wang Qibo to the detention center at Guo County, and illegally detained him there. At the end of the year Wang was illegally and secretly sentenced to seven years in prison and he was sent to the Jilin Provincial Prison for further persecution.

On March 12, 2003, policeman Zhang Yaming led several people who claimed to be police officers, to arrest Wang Qibo’s wife and sister. After Wang Qibo’s wife went on a hunger strike for ten days, she was released for medical treatment. Wang’s sister was sent to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City for a one year sentence. On November 12, 2003 the director of the police station, Wang Fengtang, deputy director named Leng, and policeman Zhang Yaming, once again arrested Wang Qibo’s wife Sun Shiying and sent her to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp for persecution. There were two school children left without care at home.

All the above is only the tip of the iceberg of the evil Jiang regime's persecution of Falun Dafa and Falun Dafa practitioners. In Yangshulin Village, Falun Dafa practitioners were extorted of over fifty thousand yuan, there were more than sixty arrests (this includes multiple arrests of individuals) and eighteen illegal labor camp sentences. Additionally, there were practitioners who were illegally sentenced and forced to become homeless to avoid further persecution.

Enclosed phone numbers (area code: 0432)

Jilin Prison, address: 10 Junmin Road, Jilin City, mailing address: Box 315 Jilin City, postal code: 132012
Switchboard: 86-432-4881551
Fax: 86-432-4881559
Office of prison chief: 86-432-4885488
Second Prison Area: 86-432-4881551 ext.3062
Li Qiang, chief of prison: 86-432-4881551 ext.3001, 86-13843218517 (Cell)
Liu Changjiang, deputy chief of prison: 86-432-4881551 ext.3003, 86-13904429905
Wang Yufang, deputy chief of prison: 86-432-4881551 ext.3006, 86-432-4883619, 86-13804411837 (Cell)
Zhao Xinchao, deputy chief of prison: 86-432-4881551 ext. 3008, 86-432-4882313