(Clearwisdom.net) On March 21, 2007, after being almost persecuted to death, Falun Gong practitioner Luan Fusheng was escorted by four policemen from the Jinzhong Prison in Shanxi Province to a police station on Weiming Street, in the Pian area of Shijiazhuang. He was then taken to relevant departments in Shanxi Province to complete some so-called paperwork. The police were so frightened by Luan Fusheng's physical appearance after torture and subsequent mistreatment, that they sent Mr. Luan home.

After being at home for 19 days, Luan Fusheng passed away on the 8th of April, 2007.

High Resolution Picture High Resolution Picture High Resolution Picture

Luan Fusheng's tortured body

Mr. Luan Fusheng was 56 years old. He resided in Shijiazhuang, Shanxi Province, and used to work in the Shanxi government. In 1995 he started to practice Falun Dafa and gained many benefits, both physically and mentally. His severe diabetes and hypertension were cured without any medication.

In October 1999, Luan Fusheng went to Beijing to clarify the truth about Falun Gong. However, he was beaten up terribly by a policeman named Wei Ming from the Xinhua Street Police Station in Qiaoxi, Shijiazhuang City. Mr. Luan was handcuffed to the railing of the second floor balcony and was subjected to torture intended by authorities to extract a so-called confession. Mr. Luan was then locked up in the Beijiao Detention Center for 30 days.

In early December 2000, Luan Fusheng tried again to make a formal appeal according to the law in Beijing. After being illegally detained, he did not comply with the persecution by withholding his name and address from the police [ed. note -- due to the Chinese Communist Party's policy of implicating and harassing family members and work units, Falun Gong practitioners often refuse to give their name and address when they are arrested]. Mr. Luan was released after several days of abuse, then arrested again when he was out of town, at his friend's home. He was locked up in the Shijiazhuang First Detention Center for more than 60 days and illegally sentenced to one year in a labor camp. Because his hypertension had recurred, his sentence was executed outside the prison and the Xinhua Police Station extorted 1,000 yuan from him.

In 2001, as the Xinhua Police Station planned to imprison him again in the labor camp, Luan Fusheng left home and became homeless in Shanxi Province.

On October 2002, Luan Fusheng was illegally arrested because he practiced Falun Gong and printed truth-clarification information. There were 24 other Dafa practitioners who were also taken away during that period of time. Ding Lihong, a Dafa practitioner from Shijiazhuang, was tortured to death during an interrogation.

On the 7th of July 2003, Luan Fusheng was illegally sentenced to 11 years in prison by the Wanbolin Court in Taiyuan City. Mr. Luan knew he was innocent of any crime so he appealed to the secondary court of Taiyuan. After being denied by the court in October 2003, he was illegally sent to Cell 13 of the Jinzhong Prison, Shanxi Province in early November 2003.

He was tortured horribly, both mentally and physically under inhuman living conditions. Luan Fusheng's health deteriorated. At the end of 2005, his diabetes and hypertension flared. He became very ill and emaciated. It was impossible for him to walk without assistance, and he became short of breath when talking. The first notice of his critical illness was released by the 109th Military Hospital of Taiyuan.

In February 2006, Luan Fusheng suffered from another critical illness. He had complex diabetes syndrome, together with hypertension and pleuritis. He looked like a skeleton, with both legs severely swollen and he could hardly breathe while talking. Mr. Luan was sent to the emergency department of the 109th Military Hospital in Taiyuan. A second notice of his critical illness was released. Mr. Luan's family repeatedly requested his release, but the prison denied all requests, claiming "Falun Gong practitioners are not eligible for medical parole."

On February 3, 2007, Luan Fusheng's family saw during a visit that Mr. Luan was being carried on the back of another prisoner. His health condition appeared to be extremely bad; he could not speak at all. His family requested medical parole again, but a guard told them that the application had been handed to his superiors and there was nothing he could do.

On the 26th of February, Luan Fusheng was sent to the emergency department of the 109th Military Hospital where he was diagnosed with complex diabetes syndrome and tuberculosis. On the morning of February 28, 2007, a third notice of critical illness was released by the hospital.

On the 21st of March 2007, Luan Fusheng was so close to death that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) finally released him from the hospital because they did not want to be held responsible for his death. An ambulance was finally approved by the 120th Prison to carry him back home, but only after a serious request was made by his family.

Luan Fusheng was sent from the Jinzhong Prison to the Weiming Police Station under the custody of four policemen. The policemen at the Weiming Police Station were so shocked after they saw Luan's terrible appearance that they took him home directly.

After being home for 19 days, Luan Fusheng left this world, his death a tremendous injustice.