(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Mi Guangpeng was released from the Dalian City Forced Labor Camp and shortly thereafter lost his eyesight. On March 19, 2007, his wife Ms. Liang Xianglian was illegally arrested by officers from the Xiuyue Street Police Station, including Gao Tiansheng. Mr. Mi's daughter had to leave home, which leaves Mr. Mi uncared for at home.

Mr. Mi's wife, Ms. Liang Xianglian, is 59 years old and started practicing Falun Gong in 1995. She has benefited greatly both physically and mentally. Mr. Mi became free of hypertension, heart disease and Meniere's disease (a disorder of the inner ear) after practicing Falun Gong. Their neighbors all knew the family benefited a lot from the practice of Falun Gong. They knew that Falun Gong is good.

The family has suffered tremendous persecution since July 1999. Ms. Liang and Mr. Mi went to Beijing on October 9, 2000 to restore Falun Gong's reputation by appealing and clarifying the truth to various levels of government officials. They were arrested and taken to the Dalian City Drug Rehabilitation Center for persecution. They were transferred to the Dalian City Forced Labor Camp after 10 days. Ms. Liang was sentenced to 3 years of forced labor and Mr. Mi was sentenced to 2 years.

On March 19, 2001, the Dalian City Forced Labor Camp guards used various methods to torture Ms. Liang and Mr. Mi. The practitioners were beaten with batons and rubber clubs and handcuffed from behind. The guards also used the tiger bench torture method in an attempt to force the practitioners to give up Falun Gong. They also tried to force them to slander Master and write the three statements. The practitioners had to work at selecting beans for a daily quota that if not reached, would result in being deprived of sleep and physical punishment. Every day the guards used electric batons to torture them. First, the crackling of the electric discharge could be heard, then came the human screams of extreme pain. Ms. Liang suffered greatly, both physically and mentally, in this horrifying environment. She showed symptoms of hypertension and almost lost her eyesight. She was released on "bail" for medical treatment in 2002. Mr. Mi was released later due to various symptoms. After returning home, they resumed their practice of Falun Gong and recovered their health gradually.

The couple's daughter also went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was detained. On April 18, 2002, the couple went to the Fujiazhuang Police Station to request the return of their daughter's ID card, because the police had confiscated it without any just cause, making it impossible for their daughter to work. Instead of receiving justice, Ms. Liang was sent to the forced labor camp for a second time. She was released on June 28, 2002, due to her partial loss of eyesight. Mr. Mi lost his eyesight due to fright and worries, making him unable to care for himself.

Ms. Liang resumed the practice of Falun Gong when she returned home. She recovered her health soon afterward. On the morning of March 19, 2007, Ms. Liang was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong in the neighborhood of Xiuyue Street when some patrol guards reported her to the police. The Xiuyue Street police arrested her. At 2:30 the afternoon, four policemen and one policewoman searched her, took her house key and broke into her home. Mr. Mi was at home, but could not see them. They showed a search warrant to the neighbors then confiscated a computer, an MP3 player, over 20 charm amulets, and one set of Falun Gong exercise audio tapes. The police also obtained the cell phone number of the couple's daughter, Ms. Mi Liangzi. They called the daughter and asked her to go to the police station to get the house key back. When Ms. Mi Liangzi went to the station, the officers attempted to arrest her.

On March 20, 2007, police chief Gao Tiansheng forcibly sent Ms. Liang to Yaojia Detention Center for detention.

The Chinese Communist Party's persecution has brought tremendous pain and harm to this family that was once happy and harmonious. Ms. Mi Liangzi wrote in her diary, "One of my parents is completely blind, the other one is half-blind. I must take care of them by myself. What should I do?"