Additional Persecution News from China - March 23, 2007 (40 Reports)
1. [Huludao, Liaoning Province] Wang Hongting on Hunger Strike to Resist Persecution at Huludao Forced Labor Camp
Practitioner Mr. Wang Hongting is being imprisoned at the No 5 Division of Huludao Forced Labor Camp. He has been on a hunger strike to resist the persecution since January 2007
Chief of the Judiciary Bureau, Shao Shouhua: 86-13842970888
Head of Forced Labor Camp, Yang Haiyan: 86-13604290658
2. [Dalian, Liaoning Province] Practitioners Zhou Meihua and Liang Xianglian Arrested and Held at Yaojia Detention Center
On March 29, 2007, officers from the Xiuyue Street Police Station, Zhongshan District, Dalian City illegally arrested Dalian practitioners Ms. Zhou Meihua and Ms. Liang Xianglian when they were distributing “truth-clarifying” material to people. Meanwhile, police ransacked Liang Xianglian’s home. At 9 a.m. on March 20, the police detained them and illegally sent them to the Dalian Yaojia Detention Center.
Dalian City Yaojia Detention Center: 86-411-86870728, 86-411-83792725
3. [Heilongjiang Province] Hongxinglong Town Officials Will Put Practitioner Mr. Shan Zhiping on Trial
Hongxinglong Town Political and Legal Commission: 86-469-5861540
Hongxinglong Town 610 Office: 86-469-5867210
Hongxinglong Town Public Security Bureau Chief Office: 86-469-5860321
4. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Wang Yuejian Sent to Forced Labor Camp for a Year and a Half
On March 15, 2007, the Changchun Public Security Bureau sentenced Mr. Wang Yuejiang to a year and a half of forced labor. He is jailed in Fenjin Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City.
5. [Tieling City, Liaoning Province] Police Arrest Du Xiaojuan and Two Other Practitioners
Tieling City, Qinghe District practitioners Ms. Du Xiaojuan , Ms. Du Xiaodan, and Mr. Li Zejun were arrested by police at home on March18, 2007
6. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Xinbin County Practitioner Ms. Guo Yandong Arrested at Around 2:00 p.m. on March 19, 2007
7. [Tonghua City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Zhang Ling Arrested
On March 22, 2007 before 7:00 a.m., two plainclothes police officers arrested Ms. Zhang Ling when she was working in the bakery at Tonghua Teacher’s College. She is being detained on the fifth floor of the Political and Security Section of Dongchang Police Station.
8.[Xingbing County, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Guo Xiaodong and Her Mother Arrested
On March 19, 2007, at 2:00 p.m., Ms Guo Xiaodong and her mother were arrested. They are being held at Xinbin Detention Center.
Xinbin County Party Secretary of Political and Legal Commission: 86-413-5080010, 86-413-5033226, 86-13358690016
9. [Yanji City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Wang Yujie and Her Husband Arrested
On March 22, 2007, at around 5:40 p.m., practitioner Ms. Wang Yujie and her husband Yue Dezhou from Bajiazi, Helong City were arrested by officers from Henan Police Station of Yanji City.
Yanji City Public Security Bureau, National Security Division, Shi Dezhi: 86-433-2511442
Yanji City Henan Police Station: 86-433-2812037
Jin Hu, Henan Police Station Chief : 86-433-2770046
10. [Beijing] Practitioner Li Feng Ying Arrested
On March 21, practitioner Ms. Li Feng Ying from Shijingshan was illegally arrested and imprisoned at Shijingshan Brainwashing Center across from Xingzuo Shopping Center, which was adapted from a warehouse of Capital Steel Mills.
11. [Dalian, Liaoning Province] The Case of Practitioner Congwei Transferred to the Middle-level Court
In October 2006, Ganjingzi District's National Security Division and Jiaojinsan police arrested Dalian practitioner Ms. Congwei. In December, the Ganjingzi Court put her on trial illegally. The case is being appealed to the Dalian City Middle-level court.
Head of No. 1 Criminal Section, Dalian Middle-level Court, Wang Guoliang: 86-411-83775856
12. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Qu Shujuan Arrested at Home
In the afternoon of March 22, 2007, police arrested Ms. Qu Shujuan at her home. Ms. Qu is a practitioner from Dengfeng Street, Shunkou District, Dalian City. She is being held at the Tieshan Police Station in Lvshun.
Lvshun Public Security Bureau: 86-411-86612413
Dengfeng Street: 86-411-86387262, 86-411-86387662, 86-411-86387661
Tieshan Township Police Station: 86-411-86210007
Dengfeng Street Police Station: 86-411-86375951
13. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Liu Xingge Sent Back to Yaojia Detention Center Again
Dalian City Dalianwan practitioner Mr. Liu Xingge was sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp on March 1, 2007. Later, on March, 20th, 2007 he was again sent back to Yaojia Detention Center.
14. [Wafangdian, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Zhao Chenglin Severely Tortured in Yafangdian Jail
Practitioner Mr. Zhao Chenglin from Benxi City is being severely tortured in Wafangdian Prison. His head was injured and he fell unconscious. The authorities are not allowing his family to visit him.
Sun Baoyu, associate warden: 86-411-86576630
15. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Liu Haimei Arrested
Ms. Liu Haimei from Xi’an Village, Wangliu Township, Weicheng District, Weifang City was arrested when she was watering the fields on March 21, 2007.
16. [Dongpang Mine, Hebei Province] Practitioner Ying Youlu Arrested
In March 2007, police from Neiqiu County Public Security Bureau stormed into a material production site in Dongpang Mine, Hebei Province. The police confiscated two photocopiers. Practitioner Mr. Ying Youlu was arrested, and he is being held in a detention center.
17. [Luan County, Hebei Province] Zheng Haitao Locked up in Tongzhou Detention Center
On February 5-6, 2007, Mr. Zheng Haitao from Luan County, Hebei Province was arrested in Beijing's Tongzhou District while he was driving a taxi. Zheng Haitao is being locked up in the Tongzhou District Detention Center because Falun Dafa materials were found in his trunk.
18. [Tianjin City] Practitioner Yang Xiumin Tortured at Forced Labor Camp
Fengtai police arrested practitioners Ms. Yang Xiumin from Fengrun District and Ms Guo Xiuying when they were clarifying the truth to people in Donghuaigu Township, Fengtai, Ninghe County, Tianjin City on June 30, 2006. That night at around 7:00 p.m., police sent them to Lutai Detention Center. On July 28, Yang Sumin was sentenced to one and a half years in a forced labor camp, and Guo Xiuying was sentenced to one year and nine months. Yang Sumin has been sent to Dagang District Women’s Forced Labor Camp, where she was forced to sit on a bench for 16 hours straight each day. Three police officers were assigned to each shift. Within two weeks, she was unrecognizable. She was placed in solitary confinement, but she is now being forced to do hard labor.
Guo Xiuying was released on November 26, 2006.
19. [Tianjin City] Practitioner Wang Hongwei Jailed Illegally
Practitioner Mr. Wang Hongwei from Wuqing District, Tianjin City was arrested by police when he was on the way to the post office. He’s being held at the Wuqing District Detention Center.
20. [Liaoning Province] Police from Youhao Police Station Arrested Practitioner Yao Aili
Police from Youhao Police station arrested practitioner Ms. Xiao Aili at her home, and they confiscated her computer and other related materials. She’s now jailed at the No. 3 Detention Center.
21. [Wu'an City, Hebei Province] Three Practitioners Arrested
On March 21, 2007, three practitioners in Wu’An City were arrested when they were giving out truth-clarifying material. Two of them had their homes ransacked. The three of them are being imprisoned in the National Security Division inside the Wu’an City Public Security Station.
22. [Hui County, Hebei Province] Practitioner Li Mingju Arrested
On March 21, 2007, Zhangjiako City police came to Hui County to arrest Ms. Li Mingju, and they took her to the city for detention.
23. [Rizhao City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Mai Dazhi Arrested at Home
On March 19, 2007, the Rizhao City “610 Office” and police from the Public Security Bureau forced their way into the home of Mr. Mai Dazhi, who is from Cheliangduan, Shijiuche, Rizhao City. They forcibly confiscated computers, printers and Dafa materials. Mai Dazhi’s whereabouts are unknown.
24. [Laixi City, Shandong Province] Three Practitioners Illegally Arrested and Imprisoned in Jiudian Township Police Station
On March 19,2007, three practitioners from Laixi City went to Jiudian Township, Pingdu City near Qingdao to tell people the facts about Falun Gong. Some villagers who did not know the truth ran after them. One practitioner was arrested.
On the same night, the other two practitioners went to Jiudian Township to look for the practitioner that was arrested. However, the two of them have not been seen since.
25. [Huangshi City, Hubei Province] Practitioner Liu Xiaolian Persecuted
On March 21, 2007 at around 11:00 p.m., officers from the Xialu Police Subdivision broke into and ransacked practitioner Ms. Liu Xiaolian’s home. Ms. Liu Xiaolian, who is 60 years old, had to leave home the next afternoon. Her current situation is unknown.
26. [Laoheko City, Hubei Province] Local Police Officer Zhou Chengjun Arrested Practitioner Ms. Xie Hongxiu on March 19, 2007
27. [Ezhou City, Hubei Province] Practitioner Wang Xixiang Arrested and Brought to a Brainwashing Center
Ms. Wang Xixiang, who is in her sixties, is a retired worker from Fankou Clock Factory in Ezhou City, Hubei Province. On March 20, 2007, staff from the local 610 Office and Yangwan Neighborhood Committee arrested her when she was cooking at home. She was arrested and brought to Hebei Province Brainwashing Center in Tangsunhu, Wuhan City.
28. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Practitioner Qi Like Arrested
Mr. Qi Like from Shenzhen City was arrested on September 23, 2006, and imprisoned in Luohu District. On March 23, 2007, he was illegally put on trial.
29. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Song Ping and Two Other Practitioners Arrested
Ms. Song Ping, Mr. Yang Er, and Mr. Yang Dejun were arrested by Shenzhen City police on November 30, 2006. They are being held at the Shenzhen Qingshui Police Station.
30. [Changzhou City, Jiangsu Province] Practitioner Yan Qingmei Arrested
On the evening of March 22, 2007, Ms. Yan Qingmei of Niutang Township, Wujin District, Changzhou City, was arrested at home by Niutang Police.
Phone number of Changzhou City Public Security Bureau: 86-519-6684000
The City Detention Center’s 24-hour phone line: 86-519-3884231
Chief of Niutang Police Station Wujin District Hu Wengua: 86-519-6380800, 86-13606118911
31. [Fuyu County, Jilin Province] Practitioner Bi Xiuhua Arrested
Ms Bi Xiuhua from Wujin Village, Taolaizhao, Fuyu County was lured to a police van at 8:00 a.m. on March 23, 2007, where she was arrested. She is now being held at Fuyu County Detention Center.
32. [Chibi City, Hubei Province] Practitioner Lai Yongcai Persecuted at Shayang Forced Labor Camp
Practitioner Mr. Lai Yongcai of Chebu Township, Chibi City, Hubei Province was arrested by staff members of the Chibi municipal government in June 2006. He is being held at the Shayang Forced Labor Camp in Qilihu, Zhongxiang City, Hubei Province.
33. [Guangzhou, Guangdong Province] Practitioner Mr. Huang Jiang Being Subjected to Brainwashing at Zhatou Brainwashing Center
34. [Elunchun City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region] Numerous Practitioners Arrested and Persecuted
Between April and May of 2005, thirteen practitioners from Elunchun City were arrested, sentenced and sent to a brainwashing center.
Mr. Wang Yonggang, 45 years old, was dismissed from his job due to his faith in Falun Dafa. In 2000, he was illegally arrested and sentenced to a force labor camp for a year. In September 2002, he was illegally arrested and sentenced to three years. As he was very firm and resisted the persecution, his term was extended for another six months. In September 2006, he was again arrested.
Mr. Guo Binqiang, 52 years old, was arrested for the sixth time. He was detained, sentenced, sent to a forced labor camp, brainwashed, fined and beaten until he lost control of his bladder and bowels. However, he still remained faithful to Falun Dafa.
35. [Xinyu City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Li Liefeng Arrested at Her Home on March 20, 2007
36. [Guangzhou, Guangdong Province] Practitioner Huang Xueying Arrested
Police from Tangxia Police Station of Tianhe District forcibly removed Ms. Huang Xueying from her home and took her to the police station. At 8:00 p.m., they came back and ransacked her home. Ms. Huang Xueying is being held in Tianhe District Detention Center.
37. [Guiping, Guangxi Autonomous Region] Practitioner Liu Jiezhen Arrested
On March 16, 2007, at around 10:00 a.m., Ms. Liu Jiezhen from Guiping was talking to people in the Shebu Township market in Guiping when someone called the police, who came and arrested her. She was beaten and had blood coming out of her mouth.
Guiping City Public Security Bureau, National Security Division: 86-775-3381062
Head of the 610 Office, Shebu Township, Guiping City, Qi’s phone number: 86-13788663928
38. [Zhijiang City, Hubei Province] Yang Daohong from the National Security Division of Zhijiang City Arrested Several Practitioners, Including Ms. Wu Cuiqin, on March 13, 2007
39. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Yuhong District Detention Center Arrested Luo Guolong
On January 10, 2007, Mr. Luo Guolong from Ciyutuo Village, Yinjia Township, Shenbeixin District, Shenyang City went to Shuzi Village, Liaobian Township, Yuhong District, to talk to the villagers about how Falun Dafa practitioners are being persecuted. A villager named Wang Youlin called the police. Officers from Yuhong Subdivision, Shenyang Public Security Bureau arrested Luo Guolong. He was sentenced to forced labor for one and a half years.
In the first month or more of his detention, he was subjected to torture, including electric shocks. He was handcuffed with shackles that weighed 15 kilograms, and he was also not given meals very often.
40. [Beijing] Secrets of Chaoyang Detention Center
In 2001, I went to Tiananmen Square to appeal for an end to the persecution of Falun Gong, and I was arrested and taken to Chaoyang Detention Center in Beijing, where many practitioners were jailed. Most of them are from other provinces. Every now and then, when the number reached 100 practitioners or so, they were moved away. No one knew where they were going.