(Clearwisdom.net) Editors' Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution.

Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they, too, be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.

Lang Mingjie was the former Security Section head at the Acheng City Water Department's No. 2 Division in Heilongjiang Province. Following the lead of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and Jiang Zemin's regime, he persecuted Falun Gong practitioners. Because he cooperated closely with the police department, residential area police stations and neighborhood administration offices in Acheng City in persecuting practitioners, he was promoted.

In 2000, a citywide brainwashing session was to be held. Lang planned to arrest a few practitioners in the Water Department's No. 2 Division to send them to this brainwashing session. However, since the division leader knew the truth about Falun Gong, Lang's attempt failed. After the incident, a practitioner clarified the truth to him but he did not take the words to heart and continued adopting a hostile attitude toward Dafa.

During the 2001 Chinese New Year, on his way back from Changchun, Lang broke his legs at the knee in a car accident. This was a warning, but he did not realize it and continued to do bad deeds. During the 2002 Chinese New Year, practitioners tapped into a TV signal to broadcast the facst about Falun Gong and were reported. Lang provided information to the police department, which led to the sentencing of one practitioner to five years in prison.

Lang felt proud of his conduct and continued his pernicious acts at will. Because he frequently went to a nightclub to patronize prostitutes, he was arrested at the beginning of 2004 when a grand investigation took place. He was later held in the Acheng Detention Center. His employer and family members made a great effort to bail him out. His wife later divorced him.

Before the 2004 Chinese New Year, Lang got drunk in a pub by Xingkai Lake in Mishan City. He died on the icy lake's surface. After the holiday break, his colleagues could not find him. More than a month later, his employer received a police notice from the Xingkai Lake area saying that Lang had committed suicide. Only then did people know of his whereabouts and commented behind the scenes that the real cause of his death was unknown. Some said that he was murdered because he hadn't paid his debts.

March 31, 2007