On February 7, 2007, someone reported Ms. Zhou Meijuan, a practitioner from Shanghai, to the police. She had been distributing truth-clarification materials in Zhaodun Town, Qingpu City (part of Shanghai). The police arrested her and sent her to the Qingpu Detention Center. They also ransacked her home, although they found nothing incriminating. The police then made her attend the notorious "Qingpu Legal Study Session," actually a brainwashing center where authorities attempted to brainwash her.

Ms. Zhou was a Chinese teacher at the Anting Elementary School in Jiading City (also part of Shanghai). Because she refused to give up her belief in Falun Dafa, the authorities took away her right to teach and forced her to leave the school. On May 19, 2001, they sent her to a "study session" at the Party School of Anting, where local government officials mistreated her. The authorities also detained her parents there. Because Ms. Zhou steadfastly resisted the attempts to brainwash her, the authorities sent her to the so-called "Legal Education School" in Qingpu City on June 11 for additional brainwashing attempts. While Ms. Zhou firmly believed in Falun Dafa, her husband had been poisoned by Party propaganda and threatened to divorce her. Ms. Zhou was held for a year and eight months before she was released.

On February 7, 2003, Party officials arrested Ms. Zhou again and sent her to the Qingpu "Legal Education School" for further brainwashing attempts. To escape from the evil place, she jumped from the second floor, injuring her feet in the process. She had to be hospitalized before she could return home. Her sister, Zhou Meihuan, was sentenced to two years of detention in 2001.

On May 23, 2005, police again searched Ms. Zhou's home, along with the homes of her parents and sister. All her family members were sent to the Jiading Detention Center and mistreated there. Her mother, Min Xiujuan, was sentenced to five years, and her brother-in-law, Hou Po, was sentenced to three years. Her father and sister were detained for over ten days. Ms. Zhou was detained for twenty days before she was able to escape from the evil place with the help of righteous thoughts.

Anting Police Station, Jiading City, Shanhai City: 86-21-59576197
Anting Elementary School: 86-21-59577098

April 4, 2007