Additional Persecution News from China - March 28, 2007 (27 Reports)
- [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Deplorable Crimes at the Jilin City Police Department
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrest of Practitioner Long Fengxian
- [Hebei Province] Practitioner Wang Gang Tortured to the Point of Disability at the Baoding City Prison - Belated News
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrest of Practitioners Zhou Meihua and Liang Xianglian
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Ms. Gao Fuling from the Jinshanjiao Area was Arrested in 2006 When Clarifying the Truth of Falun Gong; Her Whereabouts Are Unknown
- [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Yang Zhijun Arrested
- [Jiujiang County, Jiangxi Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrest of Practitioners Tan Meili and Huang Yindi
- [Bijie City, Guizhou Province] Practitioner Ms. Xu Yanfen Arrested
- [Yilan County, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Lu Huiwen Arrested Again
- [Wanquan County, Hebei Province] Police Arrest Practitioners Huang Jinlian and Bai Sufen
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrest of Practitioner Wang Shoujun
- [Hegang City, Heilongjiang Province] Account of Abuse that Caused the Death of Practitioner Qu Jie at the Heilongjiang Province Women's Prison - Belated Information
- [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Li Yanji Dies as a Result of Persecution
- [Longkou City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Wang Hongyu Tortured
- [Qufu City, Shandong Province] Four Practitioners Sentenced to Forced Labor
- [Shupu County, Hunan Province] Arrest of Practitioners Mr. Tang Jiezhong and Ms. Yang Limei, Employees of the Dajiangkou's Xiangwei Factory
- [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Deplorable Crimes at the Taishan Street Police Precinct
- [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Policeman Kang Kai from the Anshan City National Security Division Plots to Sentence Practitioner Ms. Ai Li to Forced Labor
- [Yantai City, Shandong Province] Several Practitioners Sentenced
- [Shulan City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Li Jinxiang Arrested
- [Chongqing] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrest of Practitioner Chen Changqun
- [Fuxin City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Cao Lihua Arrested
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Persecution of Practitioner Li Gang
- [Laizhou City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Mr. Song Hongjun from Shahe Town was Arrested on March 26, 2007
- [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] One Practitioner from the Huangdao District Arrested
- [Beijing] Practitioner Liu Yusheng Arrested
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Practitioner Zou Shuangfen Escaped, but 610 Office Personnel Arrest Her Sister
1. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Deplorable Crimes at the Jilin City Police Department
Personnel from the Jilin City Police Department, Changyi Police Station, Chuanying Police Station and local National Security Bureau recently staged a large-scale raid against Falun Gong practitioners. Nineteen Falun Gong practitioners have been sent to the city's No. 3 Detention Center for persecution.
Practitioner Mr. Liu Hongwei has been tortured to the point that he could not walk and has to use a wheelchair. Police force-fed unmarried practitioner Ms. Zhao Yingjie five bottles of mustard oil. Her mouth and face have been deformed as a result. Policemen even were so depraved as to used a wooden stick to stab Ms. Zhao's genitals during the interrogation. Ms. Zhao reported this torture to other policemen, but no one paid any attention. Practitioner Ms. Liu Yuhe from Huadian City also could not walk due to the brutal tortures. According to a witness, following the interrogation, Ms. Liu crawled back to her cell. Another practitioner was tortured to the point of being in critical condition and has been sent to the provincial police hospital for emergency care.
(Country code: 86, area code: 423. Do not dial area code before cell
Kong Fanhao, Jilin City Police Department National Security Team political head: 2409085
Lin Guorui, No. 3 Section chief: 2409796, 2409976
Ren Enze, police department deputy chief: 2409819
Du Xingze, Changyi County National Security Bureau chief: 2485537
Wang Xigang, deputy chief: 2195537
Sun Yanhong, National Security Bureau chief: 13304424877 (Cell), 2021680
Xin Guiying, a staff member at the Jilin City Detention Center: 4819047, 13944683096 (Cell)
2. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrest of Practitioner Long Fengxian
Practitioner Ms. Long Fengxian, in her 60s, a retired employee from the city's Thermoelectric Plant, lives at the plant's dorm near Southern No. 9 Road, Qigong Street, the Tiexi District, Shenyang City. She was followed and later arrested in the spring of 2006 when she was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. Ms. Long was sentenced to three years of imprisonment and her whereabouts are unknown.
Ms. Long's husband suffered from cancer. Her son is disabled and unable to take care of himself. When her husband died before the 2007 Chinese New Year, police did not even let Ms. Long take care of her husband's funeral affairs.
3. [Hebei Province] Practitioner Wang Gang Tortured to the Point of Disability at the Baoding City Prison - Belated News
When practitioner Mr. Wang Gang was held at the Baoding City Prison's No. 4 Division in 2004 he shouted, "Falun Dafa is good" and requested permission to do the Falun Gong exercises, but the police subsequently tortured him. They tied him to a bed for 14 days, with all his extremities extended, which caused necrosis in one leg, permanently disabling Mr. Wang.
4. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrest of Practitioners Zhou Meihua and Liang Xianglian
Personnel from the Zhongshan District Xiuyue Police Station in Dalian City arrested practitioners. Ms. Zhou Meihua and Ms. Liang Xianglian on the morning on March 19, 2007. Four policeman and a policewomen body-searched Ms. Liang and got the key to her home. Later on that day, at 2:00 p.m. they ransacked her home in the presence of her blind husband. They confiscated a computer, MP3 player, some truth-clarifying CDs and other materials.
The two practitioners were forcibly put into the city's Yaojia Detention Center No. 8 Division on March 20, 2007. Ms. Zhou was beaten because she refused to sign a statement.
Ms. Zhou's husband and brother are Dafa practitioners. They had gone to appeal for Falun Gong in Beijing in 2000 and were persecuted. They have chosen to live in exile to avoid harassment and possible arrest. Ms. Zhou's father is in a vegetative state, and her mother takes care of him. Ms. Zhou also has an 8-year-old daughter to care for.
Ms. Liang Xianglian's husband is also a practitioner. He was tortured to blindness during his detention at the city's forced labor camp. Ms. Liang had also been persecuted at the forced labor camp for three years. The long, heavy forced labor term caused her eyesight to deteriorate.
(Country code: 86, area code: 411. Do not dial area code before cell
Zhongshan District Xiuyue Police Station in Dalian City: 82681071
Dalian City Yaojia Criminal Detention Center: 86870728, 83792725
Dalian City Detention Center: 86886166, 86887811, 86887816, 86870728; General duty office: 83792702
Police Department: 83631881
5. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Ms. Gao Fuling from the Jinshanjiao Area was Arrested in 2006 When Clarifying the Truth of Falun Gong; Her Whereabouts Are Unknown
6. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Yang Zhijun Arrested
Personnel from the Baoding City's Hongxin Road Police Precinct arrested 62-year-old practitioner Ms. Yang Zhijun the morning of March 25, 2007 when she was distributing truth-clarifying materials. She has been held at the city's detention center since then.
Baoding City's Hongxin Road Police Precinct: 86-312-2064110
Baoding City Detention Center: 86-312-5028774
Cui Jiming, Baoding City Detention Center chief: 86-13931223558 (Cell)
7. [Jiujiang County, Jiangxi Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrest of Practitioners Tan Meili and Huang Yindi
Personnel from the Yong'an Township Police Station in Jiujiang County broke into practitioner Ms. Tan Meili's home, arrested her and ransacked the place at noon of March 2, 2007. They confiscated a copier and some truth-clarifying materials.
Police dragged practitioner Ms. Huang Yindi from her crop field to her home and ransacked the place. They tore off the decorations for the New Year celebration and confiscated some Dafa books and a record player. The police forcibly put her into a police car.
The two practitioners are being held at the county's detention center.
8. [Bijie City, Guizhou Province] Practitioner Ms. Xu Yanfen Arrested
Practitioner Ms. Xu Yanfen, 46 years old, used to live in Weining County, Guizhou Province. She moved back to her hometown in Bijie City and ran a laundromat after her husband passed away. Local policemen arrested her for the second time on March 20, 2007. Police attempted to force her to write a statement to give up Falun Gong, but she refused. The police then transferred her somewhere in Guiyang City. Her family members and their phones are monitored now.
9. [Yilan County, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Lu Huiwen Arrested Again
Personnel from the Yilan County National Security Division and from the Sandaogang Town Police Station arrested practitioner Ms. Lu Huiwen from Xinmin Village, Sandaogang Town, Yilan County at her home. They forcibly took her into the county's No. 2 Detention Center. The arrest might be a result of a video available on the Minghui.org website (the Chinese version of Clearwisdom) in which she exposes the persecution she has experienced.
10. [Wanquan County, Hebei Province] Police Arrest Practitioners Huang Jinlian and Bai Sufen
Personnel from the Wanquan County National Security Team, the Vice Squad, Police Department and from the "110" (equivalent to "911" in the U.S.) police branch arrested practitioners Ms. Huang Jilian and Ms. Bai Sufen from Kongjiazhuang Town, Wanquan County on December 26, 2006. The police put them into the Zhangjiakou City's Shisanli Detention Center. The practitioners have been held for more than three months so far.
11. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrest of Practitioner Wang Shoujun
Practitioner Mr. Wang Shoujun, 60 years old, lives at the No. 2-5-1 Building, No. 270 Hexing Street, the Nangang District, Harbin City. Collusion between personnel from the city's Nangang Police Station and officers from the Qizheng Police Station led to the arrest of Mr. Wang at 2:00 p.m. on March 23, 2007. Police put him into the Wulou Detention Center in the city's Nangang Police Station.
Wang Liguo, National Security Bureau chief: 86-451-87664172 (Office)
National Security Bureau: 86-451-87664173
12. [Hegang City, Heilongjiang Province] Account of Abuse that Caused the Death of Practitioner Qu Jie at the Heilongjiang Province Women's Prison - Belated Information
Practitioner Ms. Qu Jie, about 60 years old, lived in the Gongnong District in Hegang City and was a retired employee of the city's Business Department. She was arrested and sentenced to four years of imprisonment in late April 2002 for practicing Falun Gong. She died as a result of torture at the Heilongjiang Province Women's Prison on July 10, 2004. The following is some detailed information about the abuse she suffered.
Criminals Xia Junli and Han Shujie monitored Ms. Qu around the clock from May to July 2004. Personnel in the prison broadcast Falun Gong-slandering videos to brainwash practitioners. Ms. Qu's blood pressure was always over 200mmHg, sometimes reaching 240 or 260mmHg. Her mind was always tense and she was under huge pressure. Policewoman Zhang Xiaoyin confiscated hers and the commissary credit cards of other practitioners in the same cell; thus the practitioners had not enough money to buy vegetables and other daily necessities. Ms. Qu had severe constipation and fell when using the restroom. She passed away at about 7:00 a.m. on July 10, 2004. Practitioner Ms. Zhao Yalun, who was also severely persecuted, found Ms. Qu in the restroom. And then some criminals asked Ms. Zhao to leave there because they forbade practitioners to have contact with each other. The criminals carried Ms. Qu out and told Ms. Zhao that Ms. Qu was dead.
13. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Li Yanji Dies as a Result of Persecution
Practitioner Mr. Li Yanji, 59 years old, was the chief contact person for the Zibo Falun Gong practice site. Personnel from Zibo City and from the Zhangdian District government arrested Mr. Li and persecuted him by brainwashing, immediately after the persecution began on July 20, 1999. Mr. Li had been to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was arrested thereafter. Fengshui Town government officials had already deducted Mr. Li's salary, which put him in financial difficulty.
After living in exile for several years, Mr. Li went back his home in Zibo City and clarified the truth about Falun Gong at his workplace. He requested to have his salary reinstated, but was refused. He was monitored daily at his home. Therefore, Mr. Li decided to go somewhere to work to make a living. The heavy work that Mr. Li ended up doing resulted in his contracting severe illnesses. He died as a result of these illnesses on March 14, 2007.
Most of Mr. Li's family members are Falun Gong practitioners. His daughter is presently still living in exile.
Fengshui Town Government in the Zhangdian District, Zibo City, Shandong Province: 86-533-2081266; Sun Chuanfeng, town head
14. [Longkou City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Wang Hongyu Tortured
Practitioner Mr. Wang Hongyu from Longkou City has been held at the city's Zhangjiagou Prison for more than five months after his arrest on October 14, 2006. The arrest happened when he was clarifying the truth at a market. Mr. Wang is disabled and he has difficulty walking. He needs to be rescued immediately.
15. [Qufu City, Shandong Province] Four Practitioners Sentenced to Forced Labor
Personnel from the Sishui County Police Department's National Security Bureau arrested practitioners Ms. Meng Lizhi, Yan Jingyun, Zhang Xi and Hu (surname) from Fangshan Township in Qufu City on February 27, 2007. The four practitioners staged a protest hunger strike immediately after their arrest, but they were brutally tortured. They were transferred to the Jinan City Women's Forced Labor Camp on March 20, 2007.
Jining City 610 Office: 86-537-2348643
Jining City Intermediate People's Procuratorate: 86-537-2387638
Procurator chief: 86-537-2387658
Jinining City People's Court chief: 86-537-2383589
Qufu City Police Department 610 Office: 86-537-4430082
16. [Shupu County, Hunan Province] Arrest of Practitioners Mr. Tang Jiezhong and Ms. Yang Limei, Employees of the Dajiangkou's Xiangwei Factory
Huaihua City Prison in Hunan Province: 86-745-2350980
Zhang Jianhui, Huaihua City Prison chief: 86-745-2351377, 86-745-2356176, 86-13874521548
17. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Deplorable Crimes at the Taishan Street Police Precinct
Personnel from the Taishan Street Police Precinct staged two large-scale raids of practitioners during the last four months. Following the arrests, they ransacked the practitioners' homes and persecuted their families.
Taishan Street Police Station in Qingdao City: 86-532-83834214
18. [Anshan City, Liaoning Province] Policeman Kang Kai from the Anshan City National Security Division Plots to Sentence Practitioner Ms. Ai Li to Forced Labor
19. [Yantai City, Shandong Province] Several Practitioners Sentenced
The following practitioners were sentenced either on February 10, 2007 or March 20, 2007: Ms. Wang Yanqin, Ms. Liu Renling, Ms. Shi Ning, Ms. Bi Jianhong, Ms. Zhang Shoulan, Ms. Chen Guanglan, Ms. Yu Jianchun, and Ms. Sun Yuehua.
20. [Shulan City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Li Jinxiang Arrested
Liu Xueyi from the Zhenbei Police Station, Li Zhu from the Shulan City National Security Division and another policeman arrested practitioner Ms. Li Jinxiang from Jishu Town, Shulan City and put her into the city's Nanshan Detention Center on March 22, 2007.
21. [Chongqing] Supplemental Information Regarding the Arrest of Practitioner Chen Changqun
Personnel from the Yubei District Police Department in Chongqing and from the Yibin City Police Department broke into practitioner Ms. Chen Changqun's rented home and ransacked the place on March 16, 2007. They confiscated some Dafa books, a computer and a printer. They did not find anything they wanted in the computer. Ms. Chen is presently being held at the Cuiping District Police Department in Yibin City.
22. [Fuxin City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Cao Lihua Arrested
Personnel from the Pingxi Police Station arrested 48-year-old practitioner Ms. Cao Lihua from Fuxin City at 7:00 p.m. on March 26, 2007 when she was posting truth-clarifying materials. The police later ransacked her home. She is presently being held at the Haizhou Police Station.
Pingxi Police Station: 86-418-2592741, 5532416
Haizhou Police Department chief: 86-418-5532501, 2826076
Deputy chief: 86-418-5532503, 2824286, 5532504
23. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Supplemental Information Regarding the Persecution of Practitioner Li Gang
Personnel from the Quiwen Police Station arrested practitioner Mr. Li Gang on March 13, 2007. Mr. Li has been held at the Weifang City Detention Center for 14 days. His mother and wife continuously requested his release from the Kuiwen Police Station during the past two weeks. The police even forced them into a police car when they requested Li Gang's release on March 27, 2007. Fortunately, some people standing nearby bravely stopped the police from arresting the innocent mother and wife, and the police officers eventually gave up.
24. [Laizhou City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Mr. Song Hongjun from Shahe Town was Arrested on March 26, 2007
25. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] One Practitioner from the Huangdao District Arrested
26. [Beijing] Practitioner Liu Yusheng Arrested
The Jizhuang Village Party Security chief Tao Ruiqi from Miyun County, Beijing, reported practitioner Mr. Liu Yusheng, which led to Mr. Liu's arrest on March 5, 2007. The police confiscated five Dafa books and 19 copies of truth-clarifying materials.
Liu Yusheng, born on July 19, 1944, is from the No. 12 Group, Caixin Street, the Xihu District, Benxi City, Liaoning Province.
27. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Practitioner Zou Shuangfen Escaped, but 610 Office Personnel Arrest Her Sister
The three-year imprisonment term of practitioner Ms. Zou Shuangfen from Wuhan City had expired on March 19, 2007. Personnel from the Dongxihu District's 610 Office told Ms. Zhou's family before the term expired that they would send Ms. Zhou to a brainwashing center for a week.
Several practitioners and Ms. Zou's family went to the Hubei Province Women's Prison at Baofeng Street to pick up Ms. Zou on the morning of March 19, 2007. Dongxihu District 610 Office personnel drove a van into the prison at 10:00 a.m. Colluding with the prison officials, they forced Ms. Zou into the van and left the prison at 11:00 a.m. When the van got to the Baofeng Street intersection, it stopped and waited for the heavy traffic on the main road. Ms. Zou's daughter and sister Ms. Zou Shuangwu ran to the van. Ms. Zou's husband knelt down to the 610 Office officials to ask for her release. Many people surrounded the scene and asked what was going on. Ms. Zou took this opportunity and escaped; however, 610 Office personnel dragged her sister Ms. Zou Shuangwu into the van and left. Ms. Zou Shuangwu's whereabouts are unknown.