(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Zhang Chunqi, 34, is from the Eighth Group, Xiajia Village, Yangshu Town, Dehui City in Jilin Province. He developed a serious illness called Rheumatic disease after he got married. His legs were in extreme pain and could not bend, making it difficult for him to walk. He suffered from this pain daily and even required support and assistance by family members to use the restroom. His family members sought medical help everywhere and spent a lot of money attempting to cure his illness, but nothing worked. Since he was the main financial source of his family, the whole family suffered.

During this difficult time, Mr. Zhang Chunqi went to learn the Falun Gong practice as his last hope. After he started to study the Fa and practice the exercises, a magical thing started happening to him. He stopped taking medicine and his body became stronger and stronger day by day. After a short time, his illness disappeared. He became healthy and looked like a completely new person. He truly experienced the feeling of being "free of illness." Falun Dafa gave him a second life and his family was happy again and even more harmonious. All of his relatives and neighbors witnessed the dramatic change due to the wonders and mighty powers of Falun Dafa.

Falun Dafa not only gave Zhang Chunqi a healthy body, but also purified his mind. Since studying the teachings of Falun Dafa, Zhang Chunqi conducted himself according to the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance," to become a better person. He treated his parents very well and he worked hard with his wife to take care of his family's farmland. He also helped his neighbors. The people in the village all praised him and said that he was a good person.

However, the wind and clouds suddenly changed. On July 20, 1999, Jiang Zemin started the brutal persecution of one hundred million Falun Gong practitioners due to his personal jealousy of the practice and it's growing popularity.

In the year 2000, Zhang Chunqi went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. He was arrested and sent back to his hometown. He was illegally sentenced to one year of forced-labor and was sent to the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp in Jiutai City. After he was released, the police from the local police station went to his home and harassed him several times.

At around 5 o'clock in the morning on November 29, Zhang Chunqi and his wife got up and started to cook for their children. Suddenly a group of people climbed over the wall and broke into their home. After they entered the room, they forcibly pinned Zhang Chunqi down and arrested him. At that time, three to four police vehicles had surrounded his home and more than ten people had broken into Zhang Chunqi's home which included Zhang Yedi and Tang Zhenchun from the Yangshu Town Police Station and the police from the National Security Team and Criminal Police Unit of the Dehui City Police Department.

Zhang Chunqi's family tried to prevent the police from taking him away. As a result the police brutally beat his family members. They pulled out a lot of Mr. Zhang's wife's hair. Mr. Zhang's three children were all very frightened and they cried helplessly. Mr. Zhang's 60-year-old mother was so distraught that she passed out. The police dragged Zhang Chunqi to the police vehicle and then started to illegally confiscate things from Mr. Zhang's home without any search warrant. They took away many of Mr. Zhang's personal belongings including Falun Dafa books, exercise tapes and Master's photos. According to the witness, Mr. Zhang's personal belongings were thrown all over the room. Bedding and clothes were thrown to the floor. The police also ransacked Zhang Chunqi's parents' room and the storehouse and potato cellar outside the room. They even tried to arrest Mr. Zhang's wife, completely disregarding his three children who were crying pitifully. They gave up finally because of intense resistance from Mr. Zhang's family and his neighbor.

After Zhang Chunqi was arrested, he was detained at the Dehui City Detention Center. His family members were very worried about his safety and were afraid that the police would brutally torture him to extort a confession from him. They requested to visit him and were denied by the police department and the detention center authorities. Zhang Chunqi has been illegally detained for more than two months and has suffered brutal persecution. Moreover, his parents and all of his relatives have also been suffering greatly. His mother cries every day and has been unable to sleep at night. His children also lost their laughter and happiness. His wife and other relatives worry about him every day. Zhang Chunqi's father's health has also suffered due to continuously grieving over his son's situation.

Telephone numbers:

Yangshu Town Police Station in Dehui City: 86-431-87550010
Police: Zhang Yedi, Tang Zhenchun

Manager of the Dehui City Detention Center: 86-431-87273438
Zhang Qingchun, chief of the Dehui City National Security Team: 86-431-87222053 (Office)
Li Yuke, director of the Dehui City 610 Office: 86-431-87234600 (Office)

February 9, 2007