(Clearwisdom.net) Brutal torture by guards and inmates at Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp caused Beijing Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhang Lianying to suffer a massive brain hemorrhage. Through emergency treatment at Renhe Hospital in Daxing District, Beijing, she narrowly escaped death. She has regained consciousness, although she is still in critical condition. (For more information, see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2007/3/29/84019.html)

Ms. Zhang has been tortured so badly that she is now very thin and looks like a totally different person. In her low voice she strongly refused to cooperate with the evil perpetrators, and clearly exposed the brutal torture she suffered at Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp. During the several months when Ms. Zhang was held in the concentration training brigade in the forced labor camp, the police often instigated criminal prisoners who monitored her to brutally beat her. They used a new and inhuman method to torture Falun Dafa practitioners: Ropes were tightly wrapped around Ms. Zhang's neck, and when she was nearly unconscious, they started beating her about the head. They always focused on her head and hit it very hard. During the beating, the rope around her neck was not loosened. Instead, it was further tightened. Ms. Zhang firmly continued to resist the persecution with a hunger strike and by refusing to wear the forced labor uniform, and she often yelled "Falun Dafa is good!" The criminal prisoners tortured her like this many times. Ms. Zhang clearly remembered that she had been tortured like this nine times by guards. Twice she suffered incontinence of the bowel and bladder as a result of the torture.

Ms. Zhang was subjected to this torture most recently on the morning of March 20. The police again instigated criminal prisoners to wrap Ms. Zhang's neck with rope, and then several criminal prisoners brutally punched her head. The rope around Ms. Zhang's neck was getting tighter and tighter, and they were hitting her head harder and harder, until Ms. Zhang was barely breathing. She was on the verge of death, suffering from a massive brain hemorrhage. They loosened the rope and sent her to the hospital. According to the doctor, the area of hemorrhage in Ms Zhang's head was quite large, and she was in very serious condition. The doctor said it would take around twelve days for her to be out of danger. Also, there was some extravasated blood that could not be sucked out, which could cause paralysis of one side of the body or epilepsy.

After regaining consciousness, Ms. Zhang refused a transfusion at first, in order to protest the repeated torture. The police handcuffed Ms. Zhang's hands and feet to the hospital bed. Captain Wang of the concentration training brigade was also very vicious to Ms. Zhang's family. Ms. Zhang's life is still threatened by the police poisoned by the evil Chinese Communist Party.

Ms. Zhang has been in the hospital for several days. Her family and relatives have strongly protested the abuse she has been subjected to by the Beijing Department of Forced Labor Assignment and Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp for more than a year. They requested an investigation of the perpetrators, to bring to justice those who instigated others and who executed the violence, compensation for all the losses, and the unconditional release of Ms. Zhang. The Beijing City Department of Judicature did hold a meeting just for this case, but they did not respond to Ms. Zhang's family members.