(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Li Xuejin, a resident of Wafangdian in Dalian City, Liaoning Province, started practicing Falun Gong in 1995. Very soon he went from being a quick-tempered person to becoming a person who is helpful, considerate and well-liked by others.

After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, Li Xuejin went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong. He was arrested on Tiananmen Square and transfered back to Dalian City, where he was “illegally detained” for over a month. During his detention, Li Xuejin was beaten and tortured by criminal inmates.

After his release, Li Xuejin continued to explain the true situation about Falun Gong to others. The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) deployed a lot of manpower trying to arrest him but failed at first.

In 2001, Li Xuejin was arrested at a relative's home. During his detention he resisted the demands of his captors but was subjected to various tortures and was later sentenced to three years of forced labor.

When he was detained in the Dalian Forced Labor Camp, he conducted himself righteously. In an attempt to further intimidate him, the guards transfered him to the infamous and dreaded Guanshan Forced Labor Camp. During his detention at the Guanshan Forced Labor Camp, Li Xuejin was tortured with various methods including "wearing a boxing cap," and the “death bed” torture. He was also exposed to temperatures of minus 10 degrees Celsius (14°F) while wearing only his underwear, for an entire day.

In the face of these cruel tortures, he still refused to compromise with the demands of the CCP. Together with other practitioners, he changed the environment of the labor camp such that eventually the criminal inmates even admired practitioners.

In order to achieve their goal of "transforming" Li Xuejin, agents of the CCP once sent him to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, where he was surrounded by “collaborators” who attempted to brainwash him. However, Li Xuejin was not fooled and instead managed to open the eyes of some of the collaborators so that they realized their mistakes. Eventually, the guards at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp told the staff at the Guanshan Forced Labor Camp to take him away immediately and not bring him back again. Li Xuejin never signed any statements renouncing Falun Gong, and in the end his forced labor term expired and he was released unconditionally.

Most recently, on February 6, 2007, Li Xuejin was arrested once again by officials from the Dafang Township Police Station, in the Ganjingzi District of Dalian City. He is currently detained at the Yaojia Detention Center of Dalian City. According to trusted sources, the CCP plans to sentence him to two years of prison and the Public Security Bureau of Ganjingzi District has already approved the sentence. His sentencing is now awaiting final approval at the Dalian City Public Security Bureau's Law Enforcement Division.