1. Ms. Li Yueying Has Been Illegally Imprisoned Many Times and Sentenced to Three Years

Since the Chinese Communist Party started persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Dafa disciple Ms. Li Yueying from Xinping Town, Xinjin County, Sichuan Province, 65 years old, was persecuted for a long time because she insisted on cultivating “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.” When the Chinese Communist Party first started persecuting Falun Gong, Yu Shengliang, the head of Chengxi Police Station in Xinjin County, and another 7 or 8 police officers went to her home and asked her to sign a statement promising not to practice Falun Gong. She firmly refused to sign, so she was imprisoned for four days.

In December 2000, because Ms. Li went to Beijing to validate Dafa and she spoke out for justice for Dafa, she was arrested and imprisoned in an unknown place. There were several hundred Dafa disciples being imprisoned there. All were forcibly body-searched. Anyone who did not obey was mercilessly beaten. When a female police officer beat the over-80-year-old Dafa disciple Ms. Li, she “clarified the truth” to her, but she did not listen and continued the beating. That officer received karmic retribution at once when her hand would not stop bleeding. After Ms. Li Yueying was imprisoned for three days, she left the place with righteous thoughts and returned home. However, the Xinjin Police Station, the Chengxi Police Station and all levels of personnel from the town government heard of her return home. They attempted to extort money from her. They ordered her eldest son to hand over 30,000 “yuan,” the youngest son 10,000 yuan, and her husband 8,000 yuan. Because her family members refused to pay the fine, they imprisoned her in Chengxi Police Station for half a day.

On June 17, 2003, the Dongchang Police Station in Dayi County heard that Ms. Li came to Dayi County to deliver truth clarification materials. Several police officers went to Xinjin to arrest Ms. Li at her home. They took her to Anren Town Police Station in Dayi County. That evening, they took her to the Dongchang Police Station, cuffed her hands behind her back and assaulted her using electric batons. She refused to reveal the source of the materials. The seven police officers used all kinds of diabolic methods to beat her. After three days, the beating caused severe swelling in her lower body. Her feet were so swollen she could not wear shoes. She could not walk and had urinary incontinence.

Later she was transferred to the Dayi County Detention Center. After 15 days, she was transferred to the Dayi County Jail and was sentenced to three years in the Western Sichuan Women's Jail to be persecuted continuously. Ms. Li came back to Xinjin in 2006.

Before Ms. Li started practicing Falun Gong, she had many diseases including stomach pain, migraine headaches, and severe pulmonary tuberculosis. She could not take care of herself. She depended on her family members for putting on her clothes and turning her over when she slept. She was completely disabled. She took treatments for four to five years and spent about 50,000 yuan, but she did not see any improvement. But since starting Falun Gong practice in October 1998, she has not spent any money on medical treatment. In less than one year, all of her diseases were healed without medical treatment.

  1. The Persecution Dafa Disciple Ms. Sun Zhiqing Has Suffered

Ms. Sun, a Dafa disciple from Xinjin, is 65 years old and a retired road maintenance worker. Because she did not give up cultivating “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance,” she was persecuted by the Xinjin Police.

On June 22, 2000, she went to Beijing with two other Dafa disciples to validate Dafa. That day, they practiced the fifth set of exercise movements on Tiananmen Square. About ten minutes into the exercise, a police vehicle drove up to them. The police forced them to get in and took them to the Chengdu liaison office in Beijing. Later, the Xinjin police handcuffed her and other Dafa disciples, took them to the Xinjin Detention Center, and imprisoned them there for 15 days. Because she did not hand over the fine they demanded, the police asked her company to pay it. The company took 250 yuan from her wage of 600 yuan each month for a total of seven months. On July 18, the Wujin Police Station tricked her into coming to the police station, and they illegally imprisoned her for 16 days.

In 2001, the police suspected her of distributing truth-clarification materials, so she was imprisoned in the Wujin Police Station for two days.

In 2002, after she was reported to the authorities by someone for distributing truth-clarification materials in the countryside, she was imprisoned in the Wujin Police Station for over twenty days. After that, she was “reeducated” through labor for one and a half years, which was carried out outside the jail.