(Clearwisdom.net) I am Ms. Cui Jianying, a Falun Gong practitioner who works at the Jinan Iron & Steel Company in Shandong Province. At around 5 p.m. on March 21, 1998, two strangers, one lady and one gentleman, knocked on my door. They said that they wanted to learn Falun Gong. My husband greeted them first since I was cooking in the kitchen.

After I finished cooking, I talked to them about Falun Dafa. The lady said that one of her relatives suffered from migraines and wanted to learn the practice. I told her, "You can't come to Falun Gong for the sake of healing illness. My Teacher said 'one should gain things naturally without pursuing them.'

(1) Our cultivation is a dual cultivation of nature and longevity. It requires cultivating your nature and living by the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance."

I then asked them what their names were and where they were from. The lady said that she worked at an elementary school affiliated with the Jinan Iron & Steel Company and lived at the East #9 Building. The man did not say anything. I thought they were a couple. Later, the man asked me when I had obtained the Fa and what had happened to my legs. I told him that my legs were fractured when I was hit by a car on my way to work on June 8, 1993. I had surgery at the Shandong Province Chinese Medicine Hospital on December 26, 1993. On September 30, 1995, I started to practice Falun Gong, and I was able to get rid of my crutches on February 2, 1997.

The man asked me the surgeon's name, but I could not remember it since it had been over four years since the operation. When they were about to leave, I asked him where he was employed, and he just told me that he worked in the city. When I read the April 1 edition of the Qilu Evening News, I realized that he was a reporter at that newspaper.

I was upset by his report about my experience. First, I treated them as someone seeking to learn the Fa and told them enthusiastically and kindly about Falun Dafa. They were not truthful about their visit. Second, many things in his report about me were not true. For instance, he changed the date of my surgery from December 26, 1993 to December 23, 1995. I could not believe a reporter would do something like this. He twisted the date so as to get to his conclusion: "The doctor said that if she was not afraid of pain, she would be able to walk without crutches in six months. However, since she was afraid of pain, it took her more than a year to do so. Her physical improvement had nothing to do with practicing Falun Gong." Where were his professional ethics?

In fact, after my leg surgery on December 26, 1993, I went to the Shandong Province Chinese Medicine Hospital for two follow-up exams. However, it was too challenging for me to get on and off the buses needed to get there. So, I instead started going to local hospitals for treatment. I also visited orthopedics specialists and tried many folk prescriptions, but none of them worked. I needed help from family members just to go on my daily walk in my neighborhood. In addition, I kept doing physical therapy exercises. The physical therapy did not work either. My legs were so swollen and painful that I could not sleep at night. I had to wear winter pants all year and use crutches.

On September 30, 1995, I was so fortunate to obtain the Fa. Since then, I never again had to go to hospitals. At the exercise center, I had to lean against a wall to do exercises, and I endured great pain. After studying the Fa and raising my xinxing, I was able to do the four Falun Dafa standing exercises. On February 2, 1997, after the exercises, I was able to put down the crutches and walk! That ended my four years of painful life on crutches. Without Falun Dafa, I would never have regained a healthy body. It is undeniable that my legs were cured by practicing Falun Dafa!

Teacher Li told us to look inward and that everything that we practitioners encounter is not accidental. The assistant at the Falun Gong Jinan Iron & Steel Company Exercise Center studied the Fa and shared experiences with me many times, helping me to improve my xinxing. I realized that this Qilu Evening News incident was also a test for me. It exposed many of my loopholes that were hidden in my mind, such as feeling that I had cultivated very well, and I was too engrossed. Teacher had told us that a "bad thing" would become a good thing if we got rid of all our attachments and improved our understanding of the Fa.

Normally, I rode buses when traveling to other places to spread the Fa. On April 4, 1998, I rode a bicycle for the first time in four years. My fellow practitioners encouraged me greatly, and I was able to overcome the challenge. I rode an entire trip along with them for more than ten miles. The next day, we took a bus to the Town of Puji , Zhangqiu City, Shandong Province to spread the Fa. The event was held on Baiyun Mountain. I realized that this was another test for me. I said to myself, "If my fellow practitioners can climb up the mountain, I can too!" I declined their offer of help and walked by myself. In a little more than an hour, I arrived at the top of the Baiyun Mountain with the other practitioners. While standing at the top, I really understood what Teacher told us regarding tribulations,

"Once you give them up, you will find that the tribulations have become smaller and you have become bigger." (Lecture in Sydney)

This is the mighty power of Dafa. I have obtained unlimited strength from Dafa. I want to tell everyone from my heart, "Falun Dafa is Good!"


(1) Quote from "Learning the Fa" in Essentials for Further Advancement