Additional Persecution News from China - March 5, 2007 (9 Reports)
- [Jiangxi Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Chen Wen and Others Tortured at the Provincial Women's Prison
- [Xi'an City, Shannxi Province] Practitioner Jin Lai Secretly Transferred
- [Miyi County, Sichuan Province] Practitioner Qiao Juyue Arrested
- [Beijing] Practitioner Zhou Zi Arrested and Locked up at the Beijing Women's Prison
- [Beijing] Detention of Liu Jintao, a Gradate Student from the Chinese Oil University
- [Hebei Province] Recent Information Regarding Practitioner Xiao Xiangyu
- [Shiyan City, Hubei Province] Practitioner Ms. Hu Yansheng Arrested on February 28, 2007
- [Sichuan Province] Daylight Street Arrest of an Older Woman Practitioner
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Practitioner Lu Lixian Still Being Held After Her Detention Term Expired
1. [Jiangxi Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Chen Wen and Others Tortured at the Provincial Women's Prison
Falun Gong practitioners Ms. Chen Wen, Ms. Zhang Shujun, Ms. Huang Liqiong, and Ms. Xuan Haijin are being tortured at the Jiangxi Province Women's Prison. Policewoman Wang Fen put them into small cells and forced them to stand for a long time, facing a wall. They are permitted to sleep for only three to four hours daily.
Policewoman Wang Fen: 86-791-3711676, 86-791-2919108
2. [Xi'an City, Shannxi Province] Practitioner Jin Lai Secretly Transferred
Practitioner Ms. Jin Lai, an employee of the Xi'an City Lintong Lishan Microelectronics Company, has been secretly transferred.
Persecutors: Di Liujun, Lishan Microelectronics Company director:
Qu Liping, Security Section chief: 86-13891851366 (Cell), 86-29-83896233 (Office)
3. [Miyi County, Sichuan Province] Practitioner Qiao Juyue Arrested
Officers from the Miyi County Police Department's Security Section, and Zhou Lin arrested practitioners Ms. Qiao Juyue and Ms. Lu Bo the morning of March 5, 2007. The arrest happened when the practitioners had gone to the county prosecutor's office to appeal for the arrested Ms. Lu Tao, Ms. Lu Bo's sister. Ms. Lu Bo has since been released, but Ms. Qiao Juyue is still being held.
4. [Beijing] Practitioner Zhou Zi Arrested and Locked up at the Beijing Women's Prison
Practitioner Ms. Zhou Zi was transferred to the Beijing Women's Prison in July 2003. Individuals at the prison's No. 3 Ward tortured her severely for refusing to give up Falun Gong practice. She was permitted to sleep for only one hour daily. All family visits, correspondence and phone calls have been forbidden.
Police forced Ms. Zhou to stand for a long time and poured cold water on her during winter. They exposed her to the hot sun during summer, making her faint several times, and her legs were severely swollen. She was transferred into the No. 10 Ward for further torture in June 2004. Police once had attempted to strip off her clothes to humiliate her. They failed due to other practitioners' resistance. The police deprived Ms. Zhou of sleep. The police did not permit her cell mates to eat or sleep, basing their decision on the fact that Ms. Zhou refused to give up Falun Gong practice. Consequently, her cell mates hatred was stirred up. They beat Ms. Zhou and spit on her. The police once forced all of her cell mates to kneel before her in order to persuade Ms. Zhou to give in.
Ms. Zhou was held in solitary confinement from November 2005 to December 2006. Two prisoners monitored her around the clock. Police prohibited her family from visiting and communicating with other practitioners. Ms. Zhou refused to wear the prisoner's identification tag or do forced labor in late July 2006. No. 10 Division chief Zheng Yumei beat her and put her into the Tight Administration Team for torture. Ms. Zhou held a persecution protest hunger strike and requested the officials to punish Zheng Yumei. Ms. Zhou has been released from there, but practitioners Ms. Li Guiping and Ms. Liang Zhansheng are still being held at the Tight Administration Team.
Xing Hongjun, Beijing Women's Prison chief: 86-10-60276688 Ext. 8178 or 8179
No. 10 Ward: 86-10-60276688 Ext. 8101
5. [Beijing] Detention of Liu Jintao, a Gradate Student from the Chinese Oil University
Practitioner Mr. Liu Jintao, 27 years old, is a graduate student of the Chinese Oil University. He is from Gaoqiao Town, Yishui County in Shandong Province. Liu Jintao got an interview at a foreign company toward the end of 2006. This company was only interested in the top four students. Mr. Liu was at the fourth place, however, the fifth place student reported to the job market agents that Mr. Liu practiced Falun Gong. Mr. Liu clarified the truth of Falun Gong to job market staff persons, but they didn't listen to him. They held Liu Jintao at the university and attempted to force him to write a statement promising to give up Falun Gong practice. Mr. Liu refused. It was heard that Liu Jintao had been transferred to a detention center during the Chinese New Year holiday.
University Party secretary Guo is responsible for the persecution: 86-13701395332 (Cell), 86-10-60107074
6. [Hebei Province] Recent Information Regarding Practitioner Xiao Xiangyu
Mr. Xiao Xiangyu from Anguo City went to visit practitioners who were held at the Balizhuang Forced Labor Camp in Baoding City on October 10, 2006, but was arrested and sentenced. Although he exhibited disease symptoms including high blood pressure, liver pain and nausea, he was still forcibly sent to a forced labor camp and held there until now.
Xiao Xiangyu was quarantined prior to the Chinese New Year for having tuberculosis symptoms. The forced labor camp officials initially claimed that Xiao Xiangyu's disease was not contagious but told his family to bail him out for medical treatment in order to shirk off their responsibilities.
7. [Shiyan City, Hubei Province] Practitioner Ms. Hu Yansheng Arrested on February 28, 2007
Shiyan City Committee: 86-719-8665603
Zhao Bin is secretary and Wang Tiejun is associate secretary.
Chen Tianhui, the mayor: 86-719-8111456
Shiyan City Procuratorate: 86-719-8652000, 86-719-8653670
Bai Zhanglong, chief
8. [Sichuan Province] Daylight Street Arrest of an Older Woman Practitioner
A white-haired older woman practitioner clarified the truth to a person riding a three-wheeled cart at the Hongqi Market near the Xihua Park in Chendu City at about 10:00 a.m one day recently, and she also gave him some truth-clarifying materials. However, a woman standing nearby (perhaps a plainclothes police officer) grabbed the older practitioner and called 110 (emergency number in China). Soon after, policemen came and forcibly put the practitioner into a police car.
9. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Practitioner Lu Lixian Still Being Held After Her Detention Term Expired
Practitioner Ms. Lu Lixian was sentenced to four years of imprisonment for Falun Gong practice. Her imprisonment term has expired, but she is still being held.
March 6, 2007