At around 9:00 a.m. on December 18, 2006, under the orders of Director of the Xinshi District Police Department in Baoding City Yang Dongchuan, Head of the Jiannan Police Station in Baoding City Huang Xinzhai led about 10 policemen to break into Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Guo Zhiping's home in the residential compound of a steel factory on Fuchang Road.

At that time, Ms. Guo Zhiping was at home alone. Her neighbors were also not at home. The police arrested her and searched her home. They took away two computers, one laptop, two printers (one laser and the other ink jet), truth-clarification CDs, and other valuables. They also took away 1600 yuan in cash that Guo Zhiping had saved for her child's college tuition.

The police had been monitoring Guo Zhiping's cellphone for a long time before they arrested her. When they heard that someone was going to her home to fix a computer, they thought they would find their "evidence", so they employed their customary tactics of arresting first and then getting evidence. The police took Ms. Guo to the Jiannan Police Station and then transferred her to the Baoding City Detention Center. Before the New Year, they secretly sent her to the Baoding Forced Labor Camp in Baolizhuang.

Ms. Guo Zhiping's family did not know of her arrest at all. They asked about her whereabouts but did not get any information.

Ms. Guo Zhiping was a worker at the Baoding City's Steel Factory. Before practicing Falun Gong, she suffered from many diseases including breast tumors, heart disease, and neurasthenia. After she started to practice Falun Dafa on March 1999, all of her illnesses disappeared and she benefited both mentally and physically. After Jiang Zemin's regime started to persecute Falun Dafa on July 20, 1999, Ms. Gong went to Beijing to appeal. She wanted to appeal to the relevant departments to share her situation and the benefits she had gained both mentally and physically. After she came back, she was detained in a detention center for two weeks.

At the end of 1999, Ms. Guo went to Beijing again to validate Dafa. The Baoding Liaison Office in Beijing and the Jiannan Police Station in Baoding City arrested her in Beijing and sent her to the Baoding Detention Center. She was detained there for one month. After this the police often went to her home to harass her, and she was forced to become homeless and destitute in July 2001. She could not go home for about three months. During the past few years, the police have kept on harassing her and have brought much mental and physical harm to her family.

After she was laid off, her family had a tough life. Ms. Guo Zhiping's parents, in their 80s, could not take care of themselves. Her husband works, but his salary is not enough to cover her child's college tuition. The whole family seldom stays together. Two days before she was arrested, her husband had just come home from the south of China for a reunion with his family on New Year's Day. He did not expect his home to be robbed and his wife arrested. Ms. Guo's mother missed her very much and spoke of her many times every day. Before her arrest, Ms. Guo and her sisters usually took turns to take care of their mother. Now Ms. Guo Zhiping is detained, and her family is worried that her parents cannot cope with the news of her arrest. They have kept the news from them.

We strongly demand the unconditional release of practitioner Ms. Guo Zhiping and the return of all of her confiscated property.

Relevant phone numbers:

Xinshi District Police Department in Baoding City: 86-312-3161110, 86-312-3162110, 86-312-3137139
Jiannan Police Station: 86-312-3226639
Baoding Labor Camp: 86-312-5939039
Address of Baoding Labor Camp: 1995 South Lianchi Ave., Baoding City
Administration Office of Baoding Labor Camp: 86-312-5939011, 86-312-5939023