(Clearwisdom.net) At around 7:00 p.m. on June 18, 2006, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Wang Xiuqing and her family received unexpected company—five police officers from the Chaoyang District Police Department, led by Zhu Lanru (male) from the Xiaoguan Police Station, Chaoyang District, Beijing. Once they got through the door, they asked, "The government forbids Falun Gong. Are you still practicing?" Ms. Wang replied, "I am a person following moral principles: To be honest, kind..." and then she was interrupted. The officers ordered her to stop talking and to go with them.

The family members tried to reason with the police, but he police simply ignored them and threatened to take the whole family to the station. Luckily, there were a lot of relatives and friends at the scene. Finally, the family members were left alone. In the chaos, Ms. Wang escaped from the building. The police then sealed the building and the neighborhood for a search, but in the end, they failed to find Ms. Wang.

The police returned to Ms. Wang's family home at 11:00 p.m. Her husband and child were taken to the Xiaoguan Police Station where they were interrogated and threatened: If they did not turn in Ms. Wang by noon the next day, they would face severe consequences. Ms. Wang's husband begged the officers for an extension, but they refused. He was terrified and experienced a spike in blood pressure. His son had to give him some medicine.

The Chinese New Year was approaching but the family was not spared from harassment. On February 8, Neighborhood Administration Director Liu Xiufen (female) and member Bai Xiu'e (female) visited the family again. They said that they were sent by the 610 Office, and that Ms. Wang could return home if she went through a twenty-day "transformation" session after the Chinese New Year. The "transformation" session was notorious for its torture and brainwashing tactics.

At noon, Ms. Wang's husband experienced another spike in blood pressure. The family was worried about the hardships that they had suffered in the holiday season, and they said they had not had a single peaceful day for eight years, since the persecution started.