Additional Persecution News from China - February 10, 2007 (22 Reports)
1. [Xiapu County, Fujian Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Chen Naifa Died Mysteriously in Prison
Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Chen Naifa from Xiapu County, Fujian Province was a traffic police officer in Xiapu County before his death. Because he posted on his door a sign stating "Falun Dafa is good," he was illegally sent to labor camp. Later, he was sentenced to three years in prison for distributing truth-clarifying materials within the boundaries of Zhejiang Province. He died in prison.
2. [Linli County, Hunan Province] Facts Regarding the Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Wu Chuanying
Ms. Wu Chuanying, 54, is from Linli County, Hunan Province. In January 2001 she was illegally sentenced to one year in prison for validating Dafa by going to Beijing to appeal. When her sentence expired she was still not released but instead was illegally transferred over to Jinbaotan Detention Center. After this, she was frequently threatened and harassed by the police and 610 Office personnel, and her familys valuables were confiscated. Because she spoke the truth, distributed truth-clarifying materials, and urged the "three withdrawals" she was successively arrested and fined four times.
On November 22, 2005, after 9 o'clock in the evening, more than ten people from the Police Department of Linli County and the 610 Office suddenly broke into her family home to arrest her. They then sentenced her to one and a half years in prison with the excuse that a copier was found at her home.
In April 2006, she held a hunger strike in prison with fellow practitioners for over ten days. On her way to the hospital, while being intravenously injected, she and her fellow practitioners escaped using righteous thoughts. They later became homeless for several months to avoid further persecution. In September Ms. Wu was reported by someone to the authorities in Changsha. She was forcibly taken away once more and imprisoned at the Jinniugang Detention Center of Linli County. There, she was subjected to brutal tortures, including being handcuffed behind her back around the clock for several days. She was tortured to the point of being unable to take care of herself. Her family members were also not permitted to visit her. Her prison term was later illegally extended for three years. Her current whereabouts is unclear.
3. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] The Family of Ms. Wang Bo Illegally Sentenced
Since the family of Ms. Wang Bo was arrested in Dalian in August 2006, Chang'an District Court in coordination with 610 Office have illegally imprisoned them beyond their terms. On February 2, 2007, Chang'an District Court of Shijiazhuang City illegally sentenced Ms. Wang Bo for five years in prison. Falun Dafa practitioners Mr. Wang Xinzhong and Ms. Liu Shuqin were illegally sentenced to four years in prison.
4. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Liu Jun Arrested at Home
In February 2007, Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Liu Jun from Changchun City was posting truth-clarifying materials along a corridor. He was later arrested by police at his home and taken to the Nanling Local Police Station in Nanguan, Changchun City. His whereabouts remain unknown.
5. [Tai'an City, Shandong Province] Ms. Ma Anying, Ms. Xu Hongzhi and Ms. Liu Hongxin Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
Falun Dafa practitioners Ms. Ma Anying, Ms. Xu Hongzhi and Ms. Liu Hongxin from Tai'an City were illegally sentenced to two years of forced labor. They have been sent to the First Women's Labor Camp at Jiangshuiquan Road, Jinan City, Shandong Province to be persecuted.
6. [Fuxin, Liaoning Province] Mr. Li Xikun and Two Other Falun Dafa Practitioners Arrested
When Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Pu (in her sixties), Mr. Li Xikun (in his fifties) and Mr. Yao (in his fifties) were distributing truth clarifying materials in the countryside on January 8 2007, they were reported to the authorities by local residents and illegally arrested. Later they were sent into the Detention Center of Fuxin County.
7. [Lanxi, Zhejiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Zhao Suying was Illegally Arrested by the Lanxi 610 Office on February 2, 2007; Her Belongings Were Confiscated; Her Whereabouts Are Unclear
8. [Jiaozhou City, Shandong Province] Ms. Song Guixiang and Ms. Song Guilan Missing after Being Arrested and Detained
When Falun Dafa practitioners Ms. Song Guixiang and Ms. Song Guilan were distributing charm amulets to people near the municipal government building on January 22, 2007, they were reported by someone and illegally detained. Their current whereabouts are unclear.
9. [Shihezi City, Xinjiang Autonomous Region] Mr. Wu Yangming and Mr. Zhao Jianglong Illegally Sentenced
In November 2004, the 610 Office and local police forcibly took Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wu Yangming from the 142 Group in Shihezi City, Xinjiang Autonomous Region. They illegally ransacked his home, and confiscated truth-clarifying materials, a computer, a copier, etc. Mr. Wu Yangming was illegally sentenced to ten years in prison. Presently he is imprisoned at the Beiye Prison in Shihezi City and is being subjected to slave labor and persecution.
At the same time, Mr. Zhao Jianglong was also illegally sentenced to three years in prison after being arrested by police. Presently he is imprisoned at the Beiye Prison in Shihezi City and is being subjected to slave labor and persecution.
10. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Chen Minghui Was Arrested at a Fellow Practitioner's Home in Diaoyutai, Shihe Town, Jinzhou District on the Afternoon of February 7, 2007
11. [Dongfeng County, Jilin Province] Several Falun Dafa Practitioners from Remote Areas Arrested
On February 8, 2007, several Falun Dafa practitioners from remote areas were distributing truth-clarifying circulars about the Chinese Communist Party's persecution of Falun Gong while riding in a minivan in Dayang, Dongfeng County, Jilin Province. They were arrested by the local police and presently are imprisoned at the Detention Center of Dongfeng County.
12. [Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Zhang Tao Locked Up in a "Small Cell (1)" in Mudanjiang City Prison and Tortured
13. [Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province] Current Situation of Six Arrested Falun Dafa Practitioners
Six Falun Dafa practitioners from Shuangcheng City were arrested by local police officers from Xinnong Town, Harbin City, including Ms. Liu Zhaoping on January 23, 2007. As of February 8, four practitioners, including Ms. Jiang Yahong, Ms. Zhang Fengrong, Ms. Dong Liantai and Ms. Miao Xiubo have escaped from the "evils' den." Ms. Tian Hua and Ms. Xue Ruihui are still being imprisoned and persecuted.
14. [Gongzhuling City, Jilin Province] Mr. Hu Jinrui Arrested
On February 1, 2007, Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Hu Jinrui was arrested. On the afternoon of February 2, policeman Wang Haibo and others illegally ransacked Mr. Hu Jinrui's home. Mr. Hu Jinrui is still imprisoned at the detention center.
15. [Hebei Province] At Present Approximately Thirty to Forty Falun Dafa Practitioners Are Illegally Imprisoned and Being Mistreated at the Second Team of Baoding City Forced Labor Camp.
16. [Baoquanling City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Li Weiguo, Ms. Zhang Shurong, Ms. Zhang Ying and Others Are Being Persecuted
Falun Dafa practitioners from Baoquanling City, Heilongjiang Province, including Mr. Li Weiguo, Ms. Zhang Shurong, Ms. Zhang Ying, Mr. Sun haijun and Ms. Wu Wenqiu, were forcibly arrested on the morning of February 7, 2007 by the police department of Baoquanling City. They were tricked into opening the door with the excuse that the police needed to check the hot-water and furnace meter readings, as well as their residency registration. Their family property was also illegally confiscated. The confiscated property included Dafa books and materials, a computer, a printer, a cell phone, etc.
Deputy chief of the Police Department of Baoquanling City Li Jun, cell phone number: 86-13359586789, 86-468-3762787
17. [Beijing] Ms. Fan Lairong and Others Illegally Detained in a Labor Camp After Visiting their Family Members
Falun Dafa practitioners Ms. Fan Lairong (in her fifties) and Ms. Song Cuilian (about 50 years old) from Yanqing County, went to Daxing Women's Labor Camp on February 7, 2007 to visit their family members. While there, they were illegally detained by the labor camp personnel. Presently they are imprisoned at the detention center of Yanqing County.
18. [Xianning City, Hubei Province] Beginning on February 8, 2007, Police in Xian'an District are Arresting Falun Dafa Practitioners and Confiscating the Property of their Families.
19. [Neijiang City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Cai Zhongde Arrested
On the evening of February 8, 2007, police from the Haozikou Local Police Station in Neijiang City broke into Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Cai Zhongde's home. Mr Cai is from the forging and stamping factory. Mr. Cai Zhongde's home was invaded, his familys property was confiscated and he was arrested.
20. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Mr. Wang Jun Arrested
On the evening of February 6, 2007, Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wang Jun was arrested at home by three policemen from Xiwu Local Police Station. His 5 year-old daughter is left at home uncared for.
21. [Sanmenxia City, Henan Province] Mr. Jing Shezhao Arrested
On February 6, 2007, Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Jing Shezhao from Gongqian Township, San County, Sanmenxia City was arrested while clarifying the truth at Dianzi Township. Presently he is imprisoned at the detention center of Sanmenxia City.
22. [Beijing] Ms. Li Yuehua Arrested
At noon on January 23, 2007, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Li Yuehua, 66, who lives at Xinhua Nianjin Garden Plot, Tongzhou District was illegally arrested by police of Tongzhou District while she was distributing truth-clarifying materials. Afterwards, the police went to her home to illegally confiscate her property. They took away her property, including Dafa books and other belongings, and strictly monitored the movements of her family. At present Ms. Li Yuehua is illegally imprisoned and being persecuted at the Detention Center of the Police Department of Tongzhou District, which is located at Qiaozhuang Area, Tongzhou District.
(1) "Small cell" - The detainee is locked up in a very small cell individually. The guards handcuff the practitioner behind his/her back in a fixed position, in which the practitioner can neither move nor lie down. The small cell is very damp and no sunshine comes in. Detainees have to urinate and defecate in the cell. Only half of a regular meal is served to detainees locked up in a small cell during the daytime. During the night, rats run about. The stench in the small cell is so bad that it is difficult to breathe.